Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585507 times)

Hippoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! OKAY. Time to change the subject!
« Reply #1155 on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:00 am »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
THPÆCROSSISM
ΘπÆ┼ - Rise up against our superiors! Let all dwarves be equal!
KHDownloads

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 23, 2010, 12:16:04 am »

And a single tear was shed...

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 23, 2010, 12:23:56 am »

And a single tear was shed...
^
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 23, 2010, 02:48:12 am »

The disgrace.

They put you under for wisdom teeth? 5 is... unnaturally many... but still I had mine cut out with a circular saw and just got local anaesthetic.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 23, 2010, 03:39:16 am »

I was put under for my decidedly even number of teeth.  Apparently, you're either a laugher or a cryer when you go under with this stuff.

Well, apparently I had the dental team laughing until they cried.  I really wish I could remember some of the stuff I'd said, it was obviously quite funny.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:43 pm »

I was put under for my decidedly even number of teeth.  Apparently, you're either a laugher or a cryer when you go under with this stuff.

Well, apparently I had the dental team laughing until they cried.  I really wish I could remember some of the stuff I'd said, it was obviously quite funny.
Well, whatever they used to put me under, it was either mild or wore off by the time I got home (ie: now). I did a mental diagnostic by finding the integral of a polynomial, and I appear to be more or less unaffected. Although my coordination is still a little wobbly. Heck, I'm not actualy sure they gave me any now that I think about it. They gave me oxygen through the nose, but if they did use the laughing gas it was after the IV with the sleep meds went in. In general, my veins are a royal pain to find, since they are very deep. As a result of this, I absolutely hate needles, since it usually takes 2, 3, or even 5 attempts to find one; I also have a tendancy of passing out from needles. The reason they wanted the gas was to keep me distracted to keep me from passing out and possibly seizuring from the needle for the sleep meds.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:24:12 pm by alway »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 23, 2010, 12:28:10 pm »

Well, whatever they used to put me under, it was either mild or wore off by the time I got home (ie: now). I did a mental diagnostic by finding the integral of a polynomial, and I appear to be more or less unaffected. Although my coordination is still a little wobbly. Heck, I'm not actualy sure they gave me any now that I think about it. They gave me oxygen through the nose, but if they did use the laughing gas it was after the IV with the sleep meds went in. In general, my veins are a royal pain to find, since they are very deep. As a result of this, I absolutely hate needles, since it usually takes 2, 3, or even 5 attempts to find one; I also have a tendancy of passing out from needles. The reason they wanted the gas was to keep me distracted to keep me from passing out and possibly seizuring from the needle for the sleep meds.
Or they just showed you a needle, you passed out, and that was that.  :D

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 23, 2010, 12:32:09 pm »

Or they just showed you a needle, you passed out, and that was that.  :D
Hehe, that was what happened the last time I had dental surgery... They put in the needle, I passed out and seizured. So they know not to do that any more.
On another note, its hard to eat my milkshake with a numb mouth, gauze in my mouth and an icepack on my cheek. :(
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:34:23 pm by alway »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 23, 2010, 02:32:20 pm »

Yeah, it's no fun.  Your mouth is gonna feel like hell for quite some time, and you'll occasionally disturb something and start bleeding again.  Takes quite a while for everything to patch itself up properly.  Straws help for drinking, but it's gonna be a bit weird for a while regardless.  You'll probably be eating oatmeal for a week or so too...

But, hey, the alternative ain't half as pretty.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 23, 2010, 02:49:15 pm »

Straws help for drinking

What the jesus, no, that's like the #1 thing NOT to do right after you get your wisdom teeth yanked.  It can dislodge the blood clot and cause a dry socket.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 23, 2010, 02:56:57 pm »

Alright then, apparently my memory hates me.  Can't remember what I did then.  Sorry about that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 23, 2010, 03:03:24 pm »

Alright then, apparently my memory hates me.  Can't remember what I did then.  Sorry about that.

Use a spoon.  Also, pack the affected area with teabags--and for the love of god, don't eat any bread.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 23, 2010, 03:08:59 pm »

Man, hearing all this stuff about wisdom teeth makes me wonder just how jacked up mine were.  I had them taken out at seventeen, all four at once.  The problem was, none of them had actually broken the gumline yet.  They came in all wrong, the bottom ones were practically sideways, and were messing up my mouth without being visible.  So they had to be surgically removed, and you better believe they knock you out for that.  I had to have a legal guardian present in the building for the hour-long operation, and was whacked out on vicodin and thorazine for a week.

I don't actually remember how I ate anything.  I'm pretty sure I didn't eat anything for a couple days.  I know I drank stuff, and I think through a straw, which would have been acceptable, since my mouth had stitches, not sockets.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 23, 2010, 03:09:34 pm »

I hear ice cream is delicious and unpainful.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 23, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

Mine were cut in half and taken out.  Got to see a little demonstration of it in fact.  And yeah, I had stitches put in, they weren't just gaping chasms of gore.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 987