Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585497 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Photoshopping hair on each other... or something.
« Reply #2250 on: December 16, 2010, 04:34:02 pm »

A 15-year old in Belgium who doesn't drink beer is put up in the town square and shamed.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 16, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »

I was 10 when I was in Belgium.  I was offered the wine list.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 16, 2010, 06:04:13 pm »

Yeah, the beer is a bit too strong for kids that young.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 16, 2010, 06:09:45 pm »

Wow, I'm surprised teenagers don't make pilgrimages there by the milliions. :P

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 16, 2010, 06:12:45 pm »

Because the neighbours are all the same. In France you drink wine, exclusively, in Britain you're fed guinness from age 5 and up, in the Netherlands you combine lager and weed into a comatose state, in Germany it's strictly large glasses of beer and maybe some elzasser headachewine, and in Luxembourg nobody drinks at all but nobody cares about those guys anyway.  ;)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mummy of the freezing wastes
« Reply #2255 on: December 21, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »

Not pictured: second pair of socks, third sweater, blanket to warm lap, hobo gloves.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 21, 2010, 07:13:18 pm »

I live in a basement, I know that feeling. And my family thinks it's strange I go to bed with boots on. Although you look perfect for the post-apocalypse.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 21, 2010, 07:19:30 pm »

Although you look perfect for the post-apocalypse.

I was going to say that's it's like Whistler's Mother, if Whistler was a mujahid.  At least your face is hidden, so government agencies can't identify you.  Perhaps you should invest in a space-heater.

Space looks plenty clean to me by the way.  Do you have the whole room to yourself, or just the desk?  Oh God, I didn't realize you're sitting in a deckchair.  Get a proper seat girl.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:21:22 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 21, 2010, 07:27:37 pm »

I have the whole room to myself, yup.  Practically have the whole house to myself, with the frequency that anyone's home.

As for cleanliness, you may have noticed my bicycle is parked in the middle of the floor.  Also, that's seriously messy by my standards, mostly due to the books and papers exploded everywhere/unmade bed/etc.

... I guess I'm a bit of a tightass.

Space-heaters... well, frankly they make a lot of noise, which is a serious issue, and they run up the electricity bill like nothing else.  This was the worst day I've had so far and I'll be in a warm house from now until the 26th or so, so that should be the hump of the cold season.  Hopefully it will go back to being hotter soon.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 21, 2010, 07:31:52 pm »

Space-heaters... well, frankly they make a lot of noise, which is a serious issue, and they run up the electricity bill like nothing else.

I take it you're getting a crash course in dealing with housemates.  Tell them either it's your space heater running up the electricity, or it's the house heater.  Nobody should have to dress like they're climbing Kilimanjaro to sit in their bedroom.

The bicycle in the house is perfectly fine.  You have to keep it somewhere after all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:04 pm »

That's... quite impressive.

I was about to say that bringing your bike indoors would be a good precaution to avoid the lock freezing shut or something, before realising that's probably just as likely to happen inside where you are :/.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 21, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »

Holy crap, your scarves make you look like a patterned rug ninja. You could walk into an ABC Warehouse and be completely undetectable. o_o

Bummer on the low thermostat, but at least your heating bills will be nice and low. It also gives you an excuse to use warm clothes for a few weeks. Still, is it really 4-Layers Cold out there? I remember visiting LA with my folks many Christmases ago: we happily went around in shorts and t-shirts, and even went swimming on the beach (the water was bearable, if a bit cold).

That's a decent chunk of space for a room though, with nice wood floors to boot. Get some throw rugs for the floor, a desk lamp and floor lamp, some bookcases, a comfy couch, and a few dressers/tables. You'll probably still have enough room for an entertainment center, an astrolabe, a small canoe, and a Foosball table.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:15 pm »

Hmm... I'm probably overdue for a haircut.

And yet... well, I feel it's counterproductive to do so when the temperature rarely rises above freezing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm honestly not sure what happened to my shoulders in that picture.

Incidentally, it seems over half of the pictures in my Logitech folder are from me accidentally stepping on or brushing the camera.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 21, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »

Oh God, I didn't realize you're sitting in a deckchair.  Get a proper seat girl.

... ?  What's wrong with a folding chair?

Still, is it really 4-Layers Cold out there?

Berkeley is pretty much always covered with fog, and we've been having some serious thunderstorms over the past couple of days.

The house is bearable if you're moving around a lot, but hot tea goes completely cold (like, almost refrigerator-cold) in 10-15 minutes.  If you've got your bum planted on the chair for 4-5 hour stints while you're working topology proofs, and you're running a caloric deficit, you're going to need some massive layers.

That's a decent chunk of space for a room though, with nice wood floors to boot. Get some throw rugs for the floor, a desk lamp and floor lamp, some bookcases, a comfy couch, and a few dressers/tables. You'll probably still have enough room for an entertainment center, an astrolabe, a small canoe, and a Foosball table.

Yeah, it's way too big for me.  I honestly don't own enough stuff to fill that space, and there's even more than it looks like =/  I really hope I'll be able to get a room closer to campus next time, and far smaller.  And warmer.  And with a lot of math people to yell around with.  Yeah.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:47 pm »

Apparently I need to teach Vector to survive in the cold. It's been 40F colder this week than it is currently in Berkeley, CA. I went outside in shorts and sandals.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 987