Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585529 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #9705 on: July 16, 2014, 08:22:32 pm »

Water + Lighting.

Don't forget the lighting when playing with water pics, everyone! :D
I still can't gain weight despite eating lots...either its my metabolism or that I travel near ~10km everyday by foot :v

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9706 on: July 16, 2014, 08:39:39 pm »

You guys should try drinking 6 litres (1.56 gallons) of pure water per day. (I drink about 9 but that's due to my health) The water is much more tasty than most foods and does wonders for the skin. ;D

P.S. The irony is that I can eat all I want and whatever I want and I won't gain any weight.
You know, giving advice like that you should /seriously/ remember to at least tell people that water is toxic in over one liter per hour. Maybe the signs the body may be giving out could be an obvious indication, but maybe someone will be ignoring the bodily signs with the idea that water is automagically healthy to just keep getting more and more of.
Water kind of feels like a boring thing of take a picture of compared to food, because unless you live in a location with really really bad water accessibility (read, you wouldn't likely have internet there either) then it really doesn't take any effort to set up.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9707 on: July 16, 2014, 08:51:30 pm »

You guys should try drinking 6 litres (1.56 gallons) of pure water per day. (I drink about 9 but that's due to my health) The water is much more tasty than most foods and does wonders for the skin. ;D

P.S. The irony is that I can eat all I want and whatever I want and I won't gain any weight.
You know, giving advice like that you should /seriously/ remember to at least tell people that water is toxic in over one liter per hour. Maybe the signs the body may be giving out could be an obvious indication, but maybe someone will be ignoring the bodily signs with the idea that water is automagically healthy to just keep getting more and more of.
Water kind of feels like a boring thing of take a picture of compared to food, because unless you live in a location with really really bad water accessibility (read, you wouldn't likely have internet there either) then it really doesn't take any effort to set up.

Mmm, water doesn't become toxic if it's over 1 litre in an hour. It's bad for your system if you overflood it (which can be avoided by going to the toilet in that same hour if you system filters the water quickly). Water, however, does become toxic over 9 litres a day I believe for the normal human. And water isn't particularly healthy above 3 litres for the normal human. In fact, some people might feel worse if they get over 5. Headaches in some individuals and the obvious going to the toilet all the time. When I talk, I expect to be talking to intelligent people that would do their own research on their health, as just because I have a reason for drinking extreme amounts (my record is 15 in one day! But that was just to see how much I can stuff inside me. And it isn't good to do it for anybody due to the kidneys not managing to keep up.) doesn't mean that somebody couldn't have a reason for NEEDING to drink little water. Reason I said you should try 6 litres, is because I'm sure not many of you have and who knows, you might find it to help you. (Very useful in people with blood high in iron)

I personally like pictures of glasses with water. The lighting that reflects in the water, the shape of the glass and the background all contribute to it being nice to look at.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9708 on: July 16, 2014, 08:52:23 pm »

Here's a picture from a while back in our Shakespeare class. We put on Henry V, Part II. I was King Charles.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9709 on: July 16, 2014, 08:56:38 pm »

Here's a picture from a while back in our Shakespeare class. We put on Henry V, Part II. I was King Charles.
Where's your glass of water?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9710 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:57 pm »

It's the 1400's, the water kills ya.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9711 on: July 16, 2014, 11:03:01 pm »

It's a struggle for me to drink even 1 Liter of water a day.  Not counting what's in my normal two cups of coffee, I probably average around .4 L/day.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9712 on: July 16, 2014, 11:27:12 pm »

Drink more water SalmonGod :P Your kidneys need it.
And your blood and your hormones and your cells and. . .

It's the 1400's, the water kills ya.
I envy your Shakespeare classes :I
Especially that style of recognition. Emblem on the chest! :D

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9713 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:58 pm »

I drink as much as I can without causing discomfort.  I think I just don't use very much water, because I'm not very physically active.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9714 on: July 16, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »

I drink as much as I can without causing discomfort.  I think I just don't use very much water, because I'm not very physically active.
o-o
Hmm..well whether or not there is physical activity--the body regulates and uses a /set/ amount of water per day (input-output) to maintain itself (ie Kidneys.) regardless of physical activity (physical activity uses more water than that set amount). A very simple example is in the color (and smell ._.) of the urine...the yellower it is, the 'less' water you're getting in intake.

So...yep! Water = needed.

When one uploads an image to imgur, is it by default visible to /everyone/?
And do I need an account for it to...err, stay uploaded for an indefinite time?

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9715 on: July 16, 2014, 11:48:42 pm »

I don't think so, Tiruin, I can see an "Add to the imgur gallery" option when I click one of mine which I think means posting it to everybody.

Edit: SamonGod, you should definitely drink more water. I could say of myself that I'm like a tree. I don't move and live only on water. Physical activity or no, you need that water.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:57:16 pm by apiks »
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9716 on: July 16, 2014, 11:58:17 pm »

When one uploads an image to imgur, is it by default visible to /everyone/?
And do I need an account for it to...err, stay uploaded for an indefinite time?

Fairly certain the answer is no and no to both questions.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9717 on: July 17, 2014, 12:18:48 am »

A very simple example is in the color (and smell ._.) of the urine...the yellower it is, the 'less' water you're getting in intake.

So...yep! Water = needed.

Oddly enough, mine is normally almost clear.  For the second half of the day, at least.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9718 on: July 17, 2014, 12:35:35 am »

Scelly is French?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9719 on: July 17, 2014, 01:02:21 am »

Scelly is French?
Nah, but Charles is!
Pages: 1 ... 646 647 [648] 649 650 ... 987