Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585536 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #10380 on: September 08, 2014, 07:43:51 pm »

...Y'know Tintin reminded me of that ol' cartoon about a reporter and his pet dog, Snowy.

The nostalgia hits like a...forceful thing. :v

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: September 08, 2014, 07:50:50 pm »

Well, he actually is named after that Tintin.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #10382 on: September 08, 2014, 10:18:56 pm »

I remember that Tintin. He was pretty cool, actually. But Smiley Yim is better.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: September 09, 2014, 01:54:41 am »

So you read the adventure of Melon the reporter? :p

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: September 09, 2014, 04:23:53 am »

That comic would be so different if the policemen wore Tintin instead of their usual hats...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:33 am »

What if the reporter was cats?

"STOP CHASING ME SNOWY"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: September 09, 2014, 08:24:41 am »

I've only got to see the movie of Tintin, I need to go find more of it, cause it's great.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:05 am »

I'd suggest Tintin in Congo for a good dose of old-fashioned racism. Tintin in the land of the soviets is also pretty fun as far as prejudice goes. While doing the Blue Lotus, Hergé actually realized he was a prejudiced bigot and the following are not nearly as funny. Also, his drawing sucks (Well, by modern graphic novel standard, it was pretty sharp back in the 40's.)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #10388 on: September 09, 2014, 09:17:35 am »

I'd suggest Tintin in Congo for a good dose of old-fashioned racism. Tintin in the land of the soviets is also pretty fun as far as prejudice goes.

These are the only ones I own. Congo is ludicrously racist, and Soviets is basically propaganda, but they're both pretty funny.

("Hey-ho! It'll go without these oddments! ... This really is a simple and practical machine.")

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: September 10, 2014, 04:16:45 am »

I'd suggest Tintin in Congo for a good dose of old-fashioned racism. Tintin in the land of the soviets is also pretty fun as far as prejudice goes. While doing the Blue Lotus, Hergé actually realized he was a prejudiced bigot and the following are not nearly as funny. Also, his drawing sucks (Well, by modern graphic novel standard, it was pretty sharp back in the 40's.)

Isn't that kinda like saying Einstein sucks at physics, because our knowledge of Physics has far surpassed his?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: September 10, 2014, 04:23:09 am »

Best book.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: September 10, 2014, 04:34:32 am »

Isn't that kinda like saying Einstein sucks at physics, because our knowledge of Physics has far surpassed his?

Well, more like saying that if you want physics, you should read something more recent than Einstein.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: September 10, 2014, 07:25:03 am »

muh belgian prides
but you're belgian too so I can't do shit. Damn you! :P
The style is rather typical of Belgian comics I guess, but they're basically dying out anyway.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: September 10, 2014, 09:42:14 am »

At this point I'm going to disagree. The style is typical of Flemish comic. (At least the drawing). It is a little-known fact that each part of Belgium got a large but radically different comic industry. Comics on the French-speaking side have always been more craft, while those on the Flemish side were more industry. As a result, the diversity of drawing style is much bigger in the French-speaking side, with many more "experimental" comics.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: September 10, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »

kittehs

Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 987