Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 987

Author Topic: Bay12 Photo Share! Let's share photos and cool things.  (Read 1585497 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Photo Share! Play nice while I'm out being nice, okay?
« Reply #11460 on: January 29, 2015, 05:36:16 pm »

I sincerely hope that is not the actual address, and if it is I suggest taking it off.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: January 29, 2015, 05:38:00 pm »

I sincerely hope that is not the actual address, and if it is I suggest taking it off.
It is, but what's the danger?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11462 on: January 29, 2015, 05:42:04 pm »

The huge amount of personal information you have posted, as well as your face beside every post? Your name, your address, and what you look like on the internet in the same place, a public forum no less. Anyone could find you, for whatever reason.

Example: I'm going to England through Scotland over the summer. Were you to post something I didn't like, I could make a deviation from my course and key your car. I could post you hate mail, I could leave things outside your door, I could even confront you in person with a tire iron. Yes, the risk of someone doing it is very small (no risk from me, I assure you) but it's still a possibility, and I prefer not to tempt fate.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 05:45:07 pm by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: January 29, 2015, 05:44:23 pm »

someone might come over and give you a wedgie

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11464 on: January 29, 2015, 05:45:04 pm »

The huge amount of personal information you have posted, as well as your face beside every post? Your name, your address, and what you look like on the internet in the same place, a public forum no less. Anyone could find you, for whatever reason.
They are welcome to, I don't post stuff I am not prepared to personally answer for.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: January 29, 2015, 05:46:43 pm »

Example: I'm going to England through Scotland over the summer. Were you to post something I didn't like, I could make a deviation from my course and key your car. I could post you hate mail, I could leave things outside your door, I could even confront you in person with a tire iron. Yes, the risk of someone doing it is very small (no risk from me, I assure you) but it's still a possibility, and I prefer not to tempt fate.

I edited my above post with this.

The point is, it has risks that you shouldn't take. Small risks, comparatively speaking, but they're there.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: January 29, 2015, 05:57:46 pm »

I don't think that what you said, Dwarfy, is any more likely to happen than me being gunned down by Islamic terrorists in a local coffee shop. If I were to start taking precautions against such borderline impossible events, I might as well put on a tinfoil hat to ward off alien mind control beams.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: January 29, 2015, 06:03:26 pm »

I believe that posting personal information on the internet is something most people do not take lightly, and egging them on to do so is not very polite.
                                                                                                                                                            - Rudakov German Olegovich,
                                                                                                                                                              currently living on the address of Chalmers street 36, room 28-16B, Edinburgh, UK.

Your second name is Rudakov? Why do you settle for nicknaming yourself Gerry when you could be calling yourself Rudie? :D
Love, scriver~

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:47 pm »

I believe that posting personal information on the internet is something most people do not take lightly, and egging them on to do so is not very polite.
                                                                                                                                                            - Rudakov German Olegovich,
                                                                                                                                                              currently living on the address of Chalmers street 36, room 28-16B, Edinburgh, UK.

Your second name is Rudakov? Why do you settle for nicknaming yourself Gerry when you could be calling yourself Rudie? :D
Because that's not my first name.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: January 29, 2015, 06:07:40 pm »

I don't think that what you said, Dwarfy, is any more likely to happen than me being gunned down by Islamic terrorists in a local coffee shop. If I were to start taking precautions against such borderline impossible events, I might as well put on a tinfoil hat to ward off alien mind control beams.

It's not as improbable as all that. I prefer not to take unnecessary risks, myself, though I can understand where you're coming from. Still, I don't think I could make myself put down that much information in one place :P
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: January 29, 2015, 06:13:42 pm »

Heh, this is like an hour away from me.

*grabs binoculars*

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: January 29, 2015, 06:22:46 pm »

A fellow Irn-Bru drinker?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11472 on: January 29, 2015, 06:46:21 pm »

A fellow Irn-Bru drinker?

Yeah. Thought you were Russian, though. Don't you subsist primarily on vodka?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: January 29, 2015, 08:01:39 pm »

I am Russian, I am just studying in Edinburgh at the moment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11474 on: January 29, 2015, 08:12:38 pm »

More like friends. Gender didn't come into it.

Every dude will probably like you because you're both female, so you got that going for you,.
xD
Oh you guys :P
I get the whole thing about stating such ideas and all, but let's treat these things without...any deeper connotations that may be malevolent in nature O__O
Sometimes people are silly--and being silly doesn't translate in words, despite being in your 'tone' when you typed it ._.

...Though some people also need to work on their wording more :P
I think Tiruin has stated it rather clearly in the past that she will not post any of her pictures here.
Not exactly :P

I apologize if that was rude. Please don't post pictures unless you're comfortable with it.
I figured you thought this was implied ;)
...Though it didn't seem so without it back there O__O
However, she has also stated she wishes to become more confident. A photo would further this aim rather well.
* Tiruin sifts through folders to upload that darn pic because, yeah, y'all have a point, and aren't implied to be creepy about it (like, really.) :v
But yeah, we all get the thing that what Worldmaster said in Orange. And thanks for looking out for those ideas, too! :D
* Tiruin is just shy. Really.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:31:40 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 987