Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 152

Author Topic: Prospector, a roguelike in development  (Read 274212 times)

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prospector, a roguelike in development
« Reply #1830 on: October 15, 2011, 11:01:22 am »

If the exit is simply not where you came in, that would be the cavebug I mentioned, and I recommend you upload the save while you still have it, to the bug sections in their forum, which you should do as well Tilla if you are still alive as well.

I also don't know how to contact my ship to land, fire at things, etc. while I am exploring a planet.

R for radio, and then either
Land to land at some tile, or
Fire to fire your ship weapons.

I don't think there are more commands but I could be wrong. I learnt 70% of this game from watching letsplays.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 15, 2011, 11:14:24 am »

If the exit is simply not where you came in, that would be the cavebug I mentioned, and I recommend you upload the save while you still have it, to the bug sections in their forum, which you should do as well Tilla if you are still alive as well.

I also don't know how to contact my ship to land, fire at things, etc. while I am exploring a planet.

R for radio, and then either
Land to land at some tile, or
Fire to fire your ship weapons.

I don't think there are more commands but I could be wrong. I learnt 70% of this game from watching letsplays.
Read the easy to understand manual that comes with the game, there's 10 in total. All I know is Hello, Land, and Fire.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 15, 2011, 12:36:53 pm »

Extremely minor bug, but on some planets the temperature is -300 degrees C, which is below absolute zero.

Also, a few radio commands I know:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 15, 2011, 12:46:36 pm »

Extremely minor bug, but on some planets the temperature is -300 degrees C, which is below absolute zero.

Science could be wrong and those temperatures could be possible. We just proved that movement beyond the speed of light is indeed possible.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 15, 2011, 12:53:12 pm »

Science could be wrong and those temperatures could be possible. We just proved that movement beyond the speed of light is indeed possible.

Another reason it is -300 degrees C is that they created a temperature range based upon how close to absolute zero the temperature is. So if absolute zero was 257, then 257 would be 256.1 or something like that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 15, 2011, 02:47:24 pm »

No it couldn't. The absolute zero is not something than can be proven wrong. To say otherwise is like saying that "you can move slower than when not moving" or "it can be more silent than complete lack of sound".
As for the second part of your statement, let's not jump to conclusions.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 15, 2011, 05:26:58 pm »

No it couldn't. The absolute zero is not something than can be proven wrong. To say otherwise is like saying that "you can move slower than when not moving" or "it can be more silent than complete lack of sound".
As for the second part of your statement, let's not jump to conclusions.

But this is within your and the human race's understanding, which is a pretty sketchy thing to believe in. Especially considering everything we used to believe in, and how little we really know. I believe it is absolutely insane for any person on this planet to even think they have a clue of what is going on in the universe.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 15, 2011, 05:39:51 pm »

Oh. You're one of those "science is just a belief, you cannot know anything" kind of people.
Suffice to say that I don't agree, but will not keep derailing this thread.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 15, 2011, 05:40:57 pm »

There is one scientist if I remember correctly who said that there are temperatures below absolute zero but it required knowledge of physics to understand how it works.

It had to do with entropy or something.

Or maybe it was that there are 50 combinations of absolute zero... I don't know something

Though a Planet certainly is not even going to reach anywhere close to absolute zero anyhow.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 15, 2011, 05:58:07 pm »

What are alien holokeycards used for? I could never figure it out.

And a two bugs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 15, 2011, 06:04:09 pm »

It's supposed to be a lvl3 lockpick.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 15, 2011, 06:17:43 pm »

It's supposed to be a lvl3 lockpick.

Oh. I guess that makes sense. Not the most useful thing in the world, considering by the time you get one you can simply blow the door to smitherines.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 15, 2011, 08:08:00 pm »

Meh. Had 400k saved up in the bank, just going around and clearing out special planets, and I decide to see what happens when I step off the refueling platform on a gas giant.

It didn't end well.

Game developers aren't supposed to punish you for stupid curiosity! Its villainous!

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 15, 2011, 08:14:27 pm »

Meh. Had 400k saved up in the bank, just going around and clearing out special planets, and I decide to see what happens when I step off the refueling platform on a gas giant.

It didn't end well.

Game developers aren't supposed to punish you for stupid curiosity! Its villainous!

Prospector, a roguelike

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 15, 2011, 08:31:13 pm »

It didn't end well.

Prospector, a roguelike

I was joking. I heartily approve punishing people for stupidity in games.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 152