Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3846511 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6405 on: August 15, 2012, 05:12:20 pm »

Are you better now, Faith? Maurice tried to smile reassuringly.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: August 15, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »

"Ugh, I suppose. Milno! Grab that rock in the alcove. It's heavy and awkward and you've got that suit.

Also pole thing? What pole thing? What did I miss?"

Wait around for someone to grab the rock. Film it if someone does.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29:29 pm »

Milno decides to ignore what Faith just said while waking up.

He then tries to examine the rock again visually, to check if it is completely smooth of if either the rock or the alcove have a way of facilitating transport.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: August 15, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »

Maybe it'd be easier to move the rock if we used one of those poles as a lever. Not sure if there is enough space for it, though.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: August 15, 2012, 07:41:51 pm »

Grab Thomas's pole thing.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: August 15, 2012, 07:46:57 pm »

Charro narrowed his eyes at Milno's comment, but was far too slow in thinking up any suitable reply.
'Yet another vulgar suggestion from Milno. Can't expect much better from the peasantry, I suppose... When thrown into the HMRC with nothing left but the prospect of an eventual, gory death, they turn to crude humour to give them some small relief.'

So thinking, Charro yawns, gets to his feet and dusts off his suit. "Well then. Anyone need help with anything, exactly? Or perhaps I could do some voice-over for this film we're taking?" He had always fancied himself as a documentary presenter. It was his second career choice after lazy-decadent-rich-person.

>Stand around trying to look useful. Ask the above.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »

"Well then. Anyone need help with anything, exactly? Or perhaps I could do some voice-over for this film we're taking?"
"You could keep making those broken bones-and-death jokes." Milno answered, moving to examine the rock.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: August 15, 2012, 08:01:55 pm »

"I'll admit I've found it somewhat difficult keeping up my witty repartee," Came Charro's languid reply as he carefully straightened his hat, "But you'll agree that our exploits so far have been rather more tragic than comedic." 
Booze is Life for Yoink

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6413 on: August 15, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »

"Hey, someone come down here to grab the pole thing."
If someone shows up, give them the pole. If no one does, throw it onto the ramp and jump to it.
Grab Thomas's pole thing.
(You already did that *Rimshot*)

You walk to the edge of the room and throw the pole to May.
[str:5]
[may dex:2]
You give it an easy underhand toss but May fumbles it and lets it drop onto the ramp. It lands with a clang and the tuning fork head strikes the wall. The resulting sound is so deep, so powerful, so multitonally alien that as it echos through the tower you can't help but imagine it is the deathknell of whatever civilization erected this place.

As the sound fades, echoing around the tower, you notice something move out of the corner of your eye. The dumbbells, which have remained completely stationary up till this point, begin to move. Their weights slide silently to the top of the pole before dropping down and striking the bottom weight with a thunderous clang, before repeating the cycle. The tower quickly fills with a cacophony of metallic ringing.

Milno decides to ignore what Faith just said while waking up.

He then tries to examine the rock again visually, to check if it is completely smooth of if either the rock or the alcove have a way of facilitating transport.
The rock isn't completely smooth, it has an engraved side similar to the monoliths down on the ground level. It's a slightly oblong shape and doesn't appear to have any handles or groves to make moving it any easier.

Charro narrowed his eyes at Milno's comment, but was far too slow in thinking up any suitable reply.
'Yet another vulgar suggestion from Milno. Can't expect much better from the peasantry, I suppose... When thrown into the HMRC with nothing left but the prospect of an eventual, gory death, they turn to crude humour to give them some small relief.'

So thinking, Charro yawns, gets to his feet and dusts off his suit. "Well then. Anyone need help with anything, exactly? Or perhaps I could do some voice-over for this film we're taking?" He had always fancied himself as a documentary presenter. It was his second career choice after lazy-decadent-rich-person.

>Stand around trying to look useful. Ask the above.

You try to look useful. You fail.

Everyone in the Tower and more then likely everyone in a mile around the tower can't help but notice the ringing of the Dumbbells.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: August 15, 2012, 09:21:31 pm »

Okay, now we know how to activate them...

Although, If we're correct in the assumption that those shades and other denizens of this place get around by sound, or seismic vibration, even, then those weights might be acting as a beacon... We might want to try and turn them off, or get out of this area.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:23:17 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: August 15, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »

Damnation!
Maurice closed his eyes and exhaled, then closed his visor and started talking rapidly.
I suggest we leave this place. Now.
Well, we could leave someone with a camera, of course. Probably best to hide on that inaccessible floor, filming from the above all of the mess which is about to happen. Maybe another teammate as a backup, but I'm not sure. From what we've seen in this place, I believe that either whatever is coming will be overwhelmingly lethal, or relatively harmless. I'd happily volunteer myself, but unfortunately I'm in no condition to climb or jump there.

... Or we could try defending this place from whatever is coming. It is a fortified position, after all - well, sort of.
And - just to make sure, Thomas, how much room is up there?
Past Sigs

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: August 15, 2012, 09:38:54 pm »

Charro gave a start, saw the place spring to life, and quickly disassembled his hat so the blade was ready to throw.
He eyed the entrance warily, speaking aside to the others as he watched for any signs of movement outside. "Um. Is this place a beacon, or does it power something?"

>Ready blade-hat

>Watch through the door for any signs of light shifting, or movement coming this way.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6417 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »

Thomas gazes in horror at the clanging dumbells, gape-jawed.
"Shit. Sorry folks."
Thomas gets a running start and leaps onto the ramp, then grabs the tuning fork. Then, he looks for a way to shut off the dumbell.
"I think there's room for more people. If you guys want me too, I can stay back, but I'd rather not."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:43:48 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47:18 pm »

"Wait, what? What just happened? Did somebody do something?

And I really don't see the need to panic. Yes, this place now has this world's equivalent to light. That doesn't mean everything within a hundred miles is suddenly going to swarm in and devour us, it just means creatures can see in here, and possibly see the tower itself from a distance."

Go examine that black pool I found earlier for changes. If there are none, go film noisemakers.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: August 15, 2012, 09:57:01 pm »

Remember what happened when somebody hit the ground in the pitted lands, causing a flash of 'this world's equivalent to light'?

Me and the Doc probably do. Quite painfully so.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1256