Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799397 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

So the general consens is:
Put guns and ammo into one building. (this would mean several pages of reaction for this one workshop though)
Put obsidian and slade factory into one.
Put steel and siege refinery into one.

This would remove 4 buildings from the list.
The crucible does not do much currently, except steel, but I have plans for it, it will stay.

@cheatinchicken, thanks is fixed.

@couchmonster: Currently impossible, because this mod is incredibly huge. It will be less work to take a vanilla version, and write the FPS-changes, Bug-fixes and a smaller GUI for it from scratch. I totally know of this and consider doing one for a longer time now. But it has to wait till the work on this mod becomes less, and till the next version of DF is out. Will be named Masterwork Lite.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Now, another pre-written post/devlog:

I went through the caste file, and yep, I found 2 typos. The female noble description was missing the YESCASTE tag from my GUI, and one of the YESCASTE tags was actually YESSELECT_CASTEYESCASTE. Not easy to find in all that YESCASTE tags ^^

Turning castes on/off works now without the accidental female noble description of course. Another little issue fixed :)

Flavor/atmosphere rant. long, but please read. Also: new friendly (evil) civ.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Special attacks/special weapons rant. Interesting, at least new to me:

New usefull reaction, if it works: Ammo stacking.
I would also like to include a reaction that takes single bolts/arrows/bullets and puts them back in a stack. Currently every single arrow/bolt that gets picked up will stay this way, and clog up stockpiles. Dont know for sure if this is possible, but from what I know about reactions it should be.  This would be added to the loading/unloading stations, to give them more uses. I dont want to add a new building for this, and the stations fit best. (at least in my mind)

tl;dr
More atmosphere, but more clutter OR less clutter, but less atmosphere
Special, rare, powerfull attacks for weapons.
Ammo stacking.
new friendly civ, in concept stage.

EDIT: Could the 7 people that voted for "I like some, dislike some. (which ones?)" please tell me which they dislike/like ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:52:34 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i like the atmospheric ideas, and the clutter you add would be primarily functional...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

No, the clutter would be toys, instruments, tools, clothing and ill-fitting (unuseable) armor/weapons. This is not functional. btw, damn, you are fast ;)

And read the post again, I made some heavy changes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let me guess, it will not work on Linux?
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

about 'unuseable' armor and weapons, they are meltable, elfs gear can be burned if you mod the kiln or crematorium as such, and as long as they dont bring the truly useless shit, clothing, and dont leave corpses much clutter is eliminated.

the crafts are predictably useless but consider this. if you combined the custom crafts, with the removing vanilla crafts brought by trader idea, you get less TYPES of items to scroll through, so less examining items to see if its a useful item or not.
liking the kobold idea, would make chasing them valid.

the special/varied attacks sound wonderful, and must be included no matter what as it would make reading combat logs entertaining to me again.
compared to "the recruit strikes the goblin in the lower right arm with his *copper short sword* tearing the muscle and bruising the fat" x50

so variety with only SOME clutter would be optimal, i suggest adding the items in question to a option called "flavor"

and using your modloaders custom tag system, would it be possible to make a item that could only be active if 2 options were on? might mean a small rewrite of the loader though...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Has anyone successfully made ammo at the ammo mint? 

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has anyone successfully made ammo at the ammo mint?

guns are still a little buggy i think, i got some, but other times it didnt work.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Ammo stacking is a brilliant idea.

Special weapon attacks sounds nice.  Whether you use that to make "enchanted" or "runic" items like Narhirl's example, or just to differentiate the special heavy weapons a little bit.  I like it.

Streamlining the caravans sounds fine, but leave in some variety or flavor.  basically I agree with Bombzero's post.

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious about a piece of code I found in your warpstone raws.

As you can see by the bolded items, it seems like there are three different syndrome entries.  I assume that was intentional, and I'm wondering what effect that would have?  Does it, by any chance, make it so that unmined warpstone produces a syndrome in people who contact it?  Would that mean living in a bedroom lined with warpstone would cause syndromes?  If not, what is the purpose of the entries?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm curious about a piece of code I found in your warpstone raws.

As you can see by the bolded items, it seems like there are three different syndrome entries.  I assume that was intentional, and I'm wondering what effect that would have?  Does it, by any chance, make it so that unmined warpstone produces a syndrome in people who contact it?  Would that mean living in a bedroom lined with warpstone would cause syndromes?  If not, what is the purpose of the entries?

some of that seems to be to create the 2 diff types of warpstone, while the big block seems to be what makes unstable warpstone incredibly deadly via duplicate syndromes

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

some of that seems to be to create the 2 diff types of warpstone, while the big block seems to be what makes unstable warpstone incredibly deadly via duplicate syndromes

No, the two different types of warpstone are actuall two different entries within the warpstone raw file.  This is only for unstable warpstone.  The last syndrome is certainly what makes it deadly, but what of the upper two syndromes?

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the two different types of warpstone are actuall two different entries within the warpstone raw file.  This is only for unstable warpstone.  The last syndrome is certainly what makes it deadly, but what of the upper two syndromes?

flavor, i suppose, adding extra things to the status screen?
ill just let meph answer this one when he checks the thread again. [joke](while he should be coding a mod...)[/joke]

off topic: i recently learned to make words that are links on the forum, i feel proud.

admiralawesome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let me guess, it will not work on Linux?

It works just fine under Linux (Kubuntu 11.10, here), but you have to do a little extra work.  Grab the Linux version of Dwarf Fortress from the DF main page.  Extract it and delete: raw/, data/art/, data/speech, and data/init/.  Install Wine and winetricks, if you don't already have them.  With winetricks, install the mono28 package (that's what I use, I don't know if you can use the newer mono210 package.)  Now you can use the Settings.exe application that comes with the Masterwork mod.  Change the settings to however you want them, save them, and copy the raw/, data/art/, data/speech/, and data/init/ from Masterwork to replace the ones you deleted in the Linux version.  With the current version, I think, you will have to change the file names and extensions on all the BMP and PNG files to all lowercase (or otherwise, edit each of the graphics*.txt files so the file names and references all match exactly.)  This should be fixed in the next version.

You can PM me if you need more info or if you just want me to send you the graphics files I've already edited.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't seem to download it.  I get around 8 to 12 %, and then it tells me it was inturrupted.  If I tell it to resume the download, it restarts, and the same problem happens all over again.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who would go and set a trap miles under the earth's surface inside solid rock? :O
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 749