Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796462 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.5 for 34.04. New: Slaves and Secrets
« Reply #2190 on: March 06, 2012, 07:15:13 pm »

Hotkey.exe is nice for trading, but I wanted to try it for the wall feature, and it's a mess, as it will automatically select the material at the top of the list, meaning you need to make df consider your stone/metal/wood/random block to be the closest, usually by hauling it in the right place.

So much for my easiest outside wall with this, and back with "u" and "k".
Sad, because I would have loved if it had been properly working.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

12oz Jesus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: March 06, 2012, 07:35:06 pm »

Searched manual can't find this.  What are the "natural abilities" of the Mad Sorcerer and Witch in Adv Mode?  Selecting "weave spell" (mad sorcerer) only seems to catch me (and any enemy within a square of me) in "a burst of lightning".  What does that spell do?  Thanks.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: March 06, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »

Are the Archpriest and the Prophet of Armok actually good for something? Or just mandates and demands?

Ranik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: March 06, 2012, 09:04:38 pm »

Are the Archpriest and the Prophet of Armok actually good for something? Or just mandates and demands?

They console dwarves that are unhappy.

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: March 06, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »

They console dwarves that are unhappy.

I am not sure they do. The respective skills are not listed in the noble selection screen, contrary to preacher and priest.

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: March 06, 2012, 09:17:39 pm »

Hotkey.exe is nice for trading, but I wanted to try it for the wall feature, and it's a mess, as it will automatically select the material at the top of the list, meaning you need to make df consider your stone/metal/wood/random block to be the closest, usually by hauling it in the right place.

So much for my easiest outside wall with this, and back with "u" and "k".
Sad, because I would have loved if it had been properly working.

I did rebind those commands from u and k to alt+ arrow/numpad key. Its a lot more convenient that way

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2196 on: March 06, 2012, 09:47:52 pm »

Cant change the wall materials, it is a third party program, I did not write it ;) But the issue is in the manual.

The Archpriest should be elected by your priests when your fortress becomes bigger, and just run around making mandates/demands. Like the good clergyman that he is. The Prophet acts like a hammerer, in theory, some kind of mad inquisition dude.

About the adventure mode stuff: This is the wanderers mod. I will include it's readme for the next release then.

@all: I finished with the metal overhaul. List is about half as long. Removed the old steel upgrades, buffed up mithril, nerfed wolfram and cobalt, changed slade a bit, renamed feather iron and stainless steel (pattern mithril and pattern chrome) and changed a whole lot of values. Here the new list:

Spoiler: METAL GUIDE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: WOOD GUIDE (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MISC MATERIALS (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:50:19 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: March 06, 2012, 09:51:01 pm »

I dunno about making metals harder to get. I think even steel is annoying since it requires so many steps.

Maybe I've just gotten REALLY bad at DF since I only recently started playing it again after about a year or so, but it's a huge hassle and with sieges of 40-80 units when you have 20-30 dwarves, all using iron or greater equipment I don't even see how it's possible to have a steel (and maybe even iron) industry running by then.

I'd like to try out all the new features but I mean if new metals are going to be added and made more rare than they currently are, and/or harder to make than steel, I'm just going to toggle it off. Just expressing some concerns. There's still nothing to really bridge the gap from iron to steel. Not everything new has to be hard(er) to get. If absolutely everything is focused on being hard to create or obtain it's going to feel like too much of a chore to get or create these things (for me personally). And that makes it less enjoyable.

Even the process to make cobalt stuff is tedious because you need bags, which means you're going to need a weaver and something to turn into thread.

(this isn't really directed at the current changes, just a general concern)

I don't know if this is a vanilla related issue but migrant waves are getting annoying. First two or three I'll get like 3-6 dwarves each, then all of a sudden I'll get a wave of 40 dwarves (not even joking) then a little later get sieged by a massive group of enemies when I haven't really even had time to prepare for anything since I just got those 40. My created wealth wasn't that huge either, I made almost no stone crafts or anything especially valuable.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 09:55:08 pm by Seraphyx »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:41 pm »

I saw the word "slave" and entered immediately.

How do they work? What is the method for attaining them? How are they modded in? What combination of tokens are required to make slaves work? Is it a special caste for the main race, or a special creature? If it's a special caste, must others be forcibly transformed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2199 on: March 06, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »

I dunno about making metals harder to get. I think even steel is annoying since it requires so many steps.

The mod makes metals easier. Really. With cold hammering (needs no fuel) and the blast furnace (much faster). The better/more valuable then steel things require a bag, that is not a big drawback. You can also directly find meteoric metal in the soil, steelgrade. For free. Or skip metals, and take good leathers instead. Or skip metals and leather, and grow your own metal-grade trees in farms. Or bring a drake and use drakescale armor (fast and easy bronze grade)

If the invaders are too much for you, enable less invaders ;)

@putman: I write you a PM
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: March 06, 2012, 10:14:57 pm »

The mod makes metals easier. Really. With cold hammering (needs no fuel) and the blast furnace (much faster). The better/more valuable then steel things require a bag, that is not a big drawback. You can also directly find meteoric metal in the soil, steelgrade. For free. Or skip metals, and take good leathers instead. Or skip metals and leather, and grow your own metal-grade trees in farms. Or bring a drake and use drakescale armor (fast and easy bronze grade)

If the invaders are too much for you, enable less invaders ;)

@putman: I write you a PM

Yeah I'm still learning everything. It's just that with mods sometimes when people add new content I see a lot of them get progressively harder. Which makes it more difficult for new players to get into it.

Right now I don't know how to do any of the leather stuff, and still trying to get used to how to make all the new stuff (like.. the steps to making them). Ironbark and steeloak take I think a year to grow, and with the limited points it will take at least two years to get a decent amount to outfit your military and you get sieged wayyyy earlier than that.

With the drake, I actually tried shearing it(?) and it said it cancelled the action, handling dangerous creature. What am I doing wrong? I had them in a pasture. Does the shearer also need the animal training or animal care labor?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2201 on: March 06, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

Shearing works fine. Try pasturing them near the farmshop. Sometimes dwarves get scared of the creature they handle (even if it is a sheep) or get distracted.

And my mod can be hard. Very hard. But you disable most invaders, turn SECRETS off, all balancing "harder something" off, embark on Serra and you have a very easy game.

Turn all FD races on, disable the weapon/armor upgrades and guns, and the new metals, leave all "harder something" on, embark on Urborg and you have... fun. Shortlived, bloody fun.

EDIT: YEAH. Just did a little test, and a small pet project of mine seems to work. First cavern has green grass in it, second one has blue/cyan fungi, third one has those moving tendrils from evil biomes. I CAN make the three caverns look different. :) Number 2 and 3 were even connected by a passageway, and the grasses did not mix, the passage was barren. But I think once you breach several ones you get them mixed up. Still, good news.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 10:43:37 pm by Meph »

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:14 pm »

Wow that sounds really interesting, is that going to be in the new release?

I'll try shearing again whenever I embark with or get another drake.

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: March 06, 2012, 11:05:03 pm »

Did you say earlier that netherwood bark padded armor is supposed to protect from heat?  If it's supposed to, then something is wrong...using it (under steel) didn't work; it catches fire from Frost Giant attacks quite readily.
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: March 06, 2012, 11:26:57 pm »

yeah please don't make all the metals rarer.

to everyone complaining about this, the mineral freq. in the adv gen is set extremely high, so that you can actually experience all the mod has to offer, many parts are also toggleable, so their is no need to complain about many of the features, just turn em off  :)

anyways, im starting a fort after getting distracted for hours by that vile thing called a TV in my living room...

EDIT: can you please create a caste compatible dwarf therapist? manual checking sucks...

EDIT2: also you mistakenly dropped some of the 'flavor' moves into the knuckle dusters, they have reports of slashing and stabbing...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 01:32:32 am by bombzero »
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 749