Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799414 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10
« Reply #4530 on: May 22, 2012, 03:42:18 pm »

thank you and good luck meph (Though you've already left and who knows if you'll get to see this).

@Zen, ok, it's a masterwork clown then ;)  Also thank you too for the work you have put in for the linux and mac users already, and for the work you'll be doing for us windows users in the coming weeks.

Downloading 9.2 now, I'll keep you posted.  And as to the runed weapons, I'll give input once I finally get there XD.  Like I said earlier, I get gaming OCD :P.

nekronuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: May 22, 2012, 03:59:19 pm »

Frost wyrms shouldn't have trapavoid D: no titan should D:

Gatallorsith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: May 22, 2012, 04:16:51 pm »

About to start my new MW world  8)
Maybe It's already planned, but I'd like to add on the eventual "to do" list:

- what exactly are the features that need a new world when changed in the UI? (if any)
- animal sex displayed (fundamental in embark)
- balanced animal grazing (bigger animals equal bigger pastures, even if possibly not at the extreme default DF levels)

Also one or two newbie questions:

- forges accidents: are they curable in hospitals? For "burning" ones i suppose having a close source of water would be useful (?)
- Is there a way to totally avoid the usual "missing characters" bug?

Thx
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:30:57 pm by Gatallorsith »

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: May 22, 2012, 04:31:43 pm »

Hmm, in the 'Custom Utilities' Tab there's something called: 'lib\jansi-1.8.jar'. I'm guessing its a leftover artifact from you updating Meph? Also, I noticed that Ithillids are on by default.

More importantly, I've noticed that Creepers always default to 'yes' whenever I open the Settings utility. This has been happening for the last couple of versions.

Edit: Sounsense no longer works too.

EditEdit: The Utility itself works but it the shortcut in the settings menus does not.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:37:42 pm by SeigeOps »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: May 22, 2012, 04:49:35 pm »

Also one or two newbie questions:

- forges accidents: are they curable in hospitals? For "burning" ones i suppose having a close source of water would be useful (?)
- Is there a way to totally avoid the usual "missing characters" bug?

what exactly are the features that need a new world when changed in the UI? (if any)
There are ways to heal your dwarfs other than hospitals.
Could you elaborate on the missing characters bug? I don't know to what you are referring.

The settings on the first page generally do not require a new world. The exception being graphics packs. If these are changed you need to generate a new world if you are seeing incorrect graphics.

1.9.2 for mac is ready, just doing a few tests.. and then putting together linux, and uploading. Thanks for your patience.

Siege, Thanks for the report about creepers but I don't have the ability to fix that. When the new GUI is finished however that problem should be resolved. The same goes for the soundsense link.  I've noted them however and will pass the info along to meph if wants to do an update before I finish the new gui.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 05:21:15 pm by zenerbufen »

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: May 22, 2012, 05:49:09 pm »

I just embarked on my first 1.9.2 world.
Just after the game starts I had my first "Oh Armok, no!" moment.

Is this supposed to be happening?

SeigeOps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: May 22, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »

I just embarked on my first 1.9.2 world.
Just after the game starts I had my first "Oh Armok, no!" moment.

Is this supposed to be happening?

Unfortunately, yes. Keep a wide berth. Thankfully, they don't leave trails like foul blendics(sp?) do.

They're not aggressive from my own experiences, but inflicting any kind of injury on them is fatal to all. Nevertheless, my mouse was never too far from the clean function on DFHack when they showed up.

Edit: Is there anyway to have my military dwarves keep their shoes on when on duty? They always seem to toss them off whenever I assign them boots.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 06:00:04 pm by SeigeOps »

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: May 22, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »

when i play with dfhack
dfusion + starting population editor + changes to (put number here)+ dwarffortress(and masterwork) = dwarf fortress crashing

meaning changing the population with dfhack crashes dwarf fortress. it worked in 1.8.1 though
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

saintjebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: May 22, 2012, 06:00:25 pm »

I downloaded this mod for the first time. Whenever I try to generate a world using the Diverse set, the game crashed. Seems to work with the beginner set, though.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: May 22, 2012, 06:06:36 pm »

I downloaded this mod for the first time. Whenever I try to generate a world using the Diverse set, the game crashed. Seems to work with the beginner set, though.
lllithids on?
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.

saintjebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: May 22, 2012, 06:10:16 pm »

I don't know what that means.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: May 22, 2012, 06:12:10 pm »

I don't know what that means.
go to your masterwork settings and go to races

saintjebus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: May 22, 2012, 06:13:57 pm »

Oh, facepalm. I totally missed the settings application and opened DF up on its own. Thanks.

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »

Oh, facepalm. I totally missed the settings application and opened DF up on its own. Thanks.
your welcome

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: May 22, 2012, 06:22:27 pm »

when i play with dfhack
dfusion + starting population editor + changes to (put number here)+ dwarffortress(and masterwork) = dwarf fortress crashing

meaning changing the population with dfhack crashes dwarf fortress. it worked in 1.8.1 though
Could you test this with dfusion and vanilla 34.10? Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 749