Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796439 times)

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.2 - for 34.10 LINUX UPDATE
« Reply #5040 on: June 15, 2012, 02:36:11 pm »

Well i always play in my mods in DF:) So i just started vivisecting masterwork and taking raws into parts. Maybe i will even post some parts of it so that you can add the feature you want yourself. If it is needed by someone - please inform me (though i only started).

I'm sure you would earn a lot of love from a lot of people in here if you were to pick out all the standardized material raws (IE the wood, leather, etc) and packaged them to stick in vanilla.  That seems to be the biggest draw to masterwork.

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: June 15, 2012, 02:46:15 pm »

I'd love a mod that just stripped out the wood and leather, and  included some more challenging invaders. Wicked potential for a game imho, just badly  under-resourced. But, for the price,  great. Still think an open source effort would be great - which in essence is what the modder's are trying to do, sans source code.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5042 on: June 15, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »

I'm sure you would earn a lot of love from a lot of people in here if you were to pick out all the standardized material raws (IE the wood, leather, etc) and packaged them to stick in vanilla.  That seems to be the biggest draw to masterwork.

Is planned. Like I said, when I am back in Germany, i will do a complete overhaul of the mod. The options should revert back to vanilla, and the standardized stuff can be selected as well. And it will have playtesting by me, ha. The entire mod has been written on a netbook so far, while travelling, so just you wait till I actually have access to a real computer. :P

PS: Currently in the middle of gorram nowwhere, in the Mojave desert. Temp is hovering between 100 and 110, and still 220miles to go till Flagstaff, my next break.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: June 15, 2012, 03:25:03 pm »

I'd love a mod that just stripped out the wood and leather, and  included some more challenging invaders.

How much have you experimented yet with turning off the features you don't like in the mod-loading GUI?  I think that just turning everything on the Creatures*, Materials, Building, and Misc tabs to "NO" would be a lot like what you're describing.

*Except Giant Animals and Animalmen maybe

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: June 15, 2012, 03:31:51 pm »

Is planned. Like I said, when I am back in Germany, i will do a complete overhaul of the mod. The options should revert back to vanilla, and the standardized stuff can be selected as well. And it will have playtesting by me, ha. The entire mod has been written on a netbook so far, while travelling, so just you wait till I actually have access to a real computer. :P

PS: Currently in the middle of gorram nowwhere, in the Mojave desert. Temp is hovering between 100 and 110, and still 220miles to go till Flagstaff, my next break.

If you need any Java/Linux/Mac support, happy to help. One thing I've been meaning to do is capture a stack trace of SoundSense, that guy seems to die every five minutes.

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: June 15, 2012, 03:35:28 pm »

i fixed all my crashing issues thank god. but now i have a gameplay question if i summon a mountain king do i lose control of that dwarf?

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: June 15, 2012, 03:49:00 pm »

I'd love a mod that just stripped out the wood and leather, and  included some more challenging invaders.

How much have you experimented yet with turning off the features you don't like in the mod-loading GUI?  I think that just turning everything on the Creatures*, Materials, Building, and Misc tabs to "NO" would be a lot like what you're describing.

Not a huge amount I guess, though I've tweaked it as much as I'd like via the GUI. I'm not sure, still get out place creatures in biomes, but whether or not that is MW or not I'm not sure,

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: June 15, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

Not a huge amount I guess, though I've tweaked it as much as I'd like via the GUI. I'm not sure, still get out place creatures in biomes, but whether or not that is MW or not I'm not sure,

As an experiment, going to try a Dwarf-alike, using Slick (Java, 2D) stuff, or perhaps 3d, though the modelling is a killer then. I think 3d rendering, but 2d'ish in terms of physics. Surprising amount of coding challenges in getting those little peanuts to hoon around. Think the only way way forward is an open source project though. One man, no matter how many donations, is bound to fail. :p Mark my words.

Marc Remillard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: June 15, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »

As an experiment, going to try a Dwarf-alike, using Slick (Java, 2D) stuff, or perhaps 3d, though the modelling is a killer then. I think 3d rendering, but 2d'ish in terms of physics. Surprising amount of coding challenges in getting those little peanuts to hoon around. Think the only way way forward is an open source project though. One man, no matter how many donations, is bound to fail. :p Mark my words.

Good god I'd donate thousands for a daily Game of Thrones episode, utterly addicted, great stuff.

SAFry

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Seb
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: June 15, 2012, 05:11:34 pm »

Currently in the middle of gorram nowwhere, in the Mojave desert. Temp is hovering between 100 and 110, and still 220miles to go till Flagstaff, my next break.

Good luck Meph, the Mojave is amazing but not sure I'd have liked it so much without aircon!

Finally ready to share my world gen recipe, posted it in the DF2012 world gen cookbook: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101280.msg3376589#msg3376589

It's really designed for my Masterwork Mod enjoyment, it's a medium map as I like plenty of choices in starting location and room for civs to grow. It has a lot of volcanoes so you should be able to find some magma and it's a region so you'll get all the other races showing up at your doorstep.

It is designed for 9 races to have 4 civs each, so 36 civilizations. I have Kobolds, Goblins, Orcs, Frost Giants, Automations, Dwarfs, Elves, Humans and Evil Drow. I like the Drow but I reckon 3 trading races is enough so I use the evil Deep Drow race.

More info on the cookbook page but give it a go and let me know what you think.

Srial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: June 15, 2012, 05:45:11 pm »

More info on the cookbook page but give it a go and let me know what you think.

I'm definitely going to try this, hopefully when .11 is finally ready for Masterwork but I'm itching to start a new fort so we'll see if I wait that long.  Thanks for sharing and I'll tell you how it goes!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5051 on: June 15, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »

The new release would have no new features... only fixes, both for the mod and vanilla DF. So, go ahead and start a new fortress, there is nothing you would miss
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: June 15, 2012, 06:40:59 pm »

I am currently trying to get seeds from fungi/netherwood (the stuff in the caverns). But it seems that it simply does not work for me. Or I am stupid. Any ideas?

When i fell the "fungitrees", I only get wood (that I can not process to seeds), and I can not gather the small plants.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5053 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:49 pm »

You need a timberyard. Cut the fungiwood bark, or refine small trees. They also need quite a while to grow, but they work flawlessly, once you have a big farm.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: June 15, 2012, 07:16:00 pm »

I am currently trying to get seeds from fungi/netherwood (the stuff in the caverns). But it seems that it simply does not work for me. Or I am stupid. Any ideas?

When i fell the "fungitrees", I only get wood (that I can not process to seeds), and I can not gather the small plants.

When you collect plants, some of them will be "small fungitrees".  These may be different plants than the young fungitree saplings, which are possibly what you're seeing that you can't collect.

Then you process the small trees at Timberyard workshop.  Upon processing, you'll get some seeds.  (in fact quite soon once you cultivate them: lots of seeds)

LOL, meph you keep ninja answering.  How do you do this while cycling through the desert?  Do you have some kind of heads up display visor with an audio input? :)
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 749