Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796459 times)

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.9.3 -Poll about new races
« Reply #5730 on: July 18, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Couple of questions:
1) I have two melancholy traders (different caravans) wandering around my fort.  They aren't doing anything bad, but they aren't dieing either.  Any ideas?
2) If I pit caged warlocks, will they use there spells on the way to the pit? Or are they docile?
3) How do I set up a stockpile for bifrost?
4) How do I set up a stockpile only for armor plates?

Thanks!
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Marshbaboon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: July 18, 2012, 03:17:16 pm »

Two moar questions from me too.

I can't seem to buy the battle picks at embark, or forge them at a metalsmith. How do I get them?

With feather wood gone what's the best super light material to make bins with?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: July 18, 2012, 03:32:14 pm »

I have never managed to set up a stone decoy. I make them, set the spawn point, and then all the decoys vanish without being set up. I've set up gargoyles, so I know I'm doing it correctly.

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: July 18, 2012, 03:40:01 pm »

Bifrost is under stone. Don't think armorplates are anywhere.

I think your only choice for material lighter then wood is... mithril. Or better yet, patterned mithril. Needless to say, not exactly a good use of it lol. But yeah, light woods would be great.

I'm now planning on making my furniture out of hellwood through the use of the ash-> hellwood reaction at the altar. Should be.. interesting hehe. Can't really see another great use for it though, except maybe trap weapons.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5734 on: July 18, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

Excuse  my shortness, but Hellwood = Ballista Bolts = FUN.

Stone Decoys work the same as Gargoyles, but sometimes the boiling stone doesnt work... it is random, unfortunately.

@altaree:
1. Kill them ?
2. They wont make trouble.
3. Stone stockpile
4. No idea. ^^

@borsch:
In the crucible. (Will be changed next update, doesnt really make sense, realisticly speaking.)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: July 18, 2012, 05:17:31 pm »

Since I have to butcher alot more with the fortress defense mod, I messed around some more with giving from stockpiles to be certain that:

You cannot get blood from meat or other butchery organs

You can get blood from prepared food, presumably one containing meat/butchery organs. And vermin remains. And probably parts of corpses although I butcher those instead.

You can also get rid of all the annoying organ products from butchery by sacrificing them in an altar, for at least a small chance of a nice drink. Better then having them get in your prepared food and messing up it's value though. I'm still looking for a use for tallow though.

I've actually never played with siege engines. I might try

Marshbaboon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: July 18, 2012, 06:06:26 pm »

You can use tallow to make candles in the craftdwarfs workshop. They're good for trading.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: July 18, 2012, 08:32:24 pm »

If you use the great magma forge to compress two boulders to slade, and then use the magma arc furnace to grind it down to powder, then smelt it, then use the transmutation chamber to turn it into mithril, its basically like:

2 worthless stone --> 2 mithril bars.

Was this intended at all? Seems a little bit OP.  :P
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

HandFullOfCheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: July 18, 2012, 08:33:25 pm »

I maybe missed it, but was there a change made along the way that makes stone have a low chance of dropping ore/stone? My legendary miners are only getting like 40% of what I mine (not stones like sandstone that go to dust, either. Granite, gabbro, diorite, etc) and it's making it really hard to supply a fortress with furniture and armor (especially since I use the harder smithing/smelting options anyways) and such like I normally would. An option I would appreciate being able to turn off if it's a change that I missed sometime along the way.

I wouldn't mind like a 75% or 60% ratio or something, but this is kind of ridiculous imo.

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: July 18, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »

I maybe missed it, but was there a change made along the way that makes stone have a low chance of dropping ore/stone? My legendary miners are only getting like 40% of what I mine (not stones like sandstone that go to dust, either. Granite, gabbro, diorite, etc) and it's making it really hard to supply a fortress with furniture and armor (especially since I use the harder smithing/smelting options anyways) and such like I normally would. An option I would appreciate being able to turn off if it's a change that I missed sometime along the way.

I wouldn't mind like a 75% or 60% ratio or something, but this is kind of ridiculous imo.

Yeah, but now smelting an ore gives 4 bars instead of one. There is now a flat drop rate for mining, so it balances out pretty nicely. Less management needed.
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

HandFullOfCheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: July 18, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »

Oh okay, great. I was getting annoyed just trying to make tables and chairs and such that I didn't get as far as smelting much and looking at the numbers. Thanks!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: July 18, 2012, 09:23:03 pm »

Oh okay, great. I was getting annoyed just trying to make tables and chairs and such that I didn't get as far as smelting much and looking at the numbers. Thanks!

Also just fyi, it's a vanilla DF change, not masterwork

Marshbaboon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: July 18, 2012, 10:10:34 pm »

Are there surface monsters that can create fire in the mod? Twice now I've hotkeyed from the surface to the trade depot and back, only to find the entire world burning, and all of the dwarven merchant's goods lying in a neat little pile over their charred corpses. There's nothing in the logs to show what the hell caused it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5743 on: July 18, 2012, 10:19:30 pm »

Since I have to butcher alot more with the fortress defense mod, I messed around some more with giving from stockpiles to be certain that:

You cannot get blood from meat or other butchery organs

You can get blood from prepared food, presumably one containing meat/butchery organs. And vermin remains. And probably parts of corpses although I butcher those instead.

You can also get rid of all the annoying organ products from butchery by sacrificing them in an altar, for at least a small chance of a nice drink. Better then having them get in your prepared food and messing up it's value though. I'm still looking for a use for tallow though.

I've actually never played with siege engines. I might try

Tallow boulders for catapults... A use for tallow.

HandFullOfCheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: July 18, 2012, 10:50:09 pm »

Also just fyi, it's a vanilla DF change, not masterwork

Yeah, I thought about that after posting. I haven't played a vanilla game in so long that I didn't even think about it at first.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 749