Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796432 times)

narical

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Archlinux x64
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF2 - Alpha
« Reply #7365 on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:23 pm »

Hello all, I have 2 questions )
1. Is it hard to make last masterwork version under linux? May be there is instructions for doing this?
2. Is it hard to make ttf font work under linux? There's a couple of years I wait this bug removed(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:27:54 pm by narical »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: November 03, 2012, 07:56:48 pm »

The latest version comes with a settings file that my computer has no idea what to do with.
MasterworkDF Settings.py? All I can do with that is open it in a text editor

Get Python.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: November 03, 2012, 11:24:06 pm »

Back after more than 6 monthes where my PC couldn't handle DF, and I am glad to see that the mod is still around and well.

Not quite sure about the DF2 alpha, I took the "standard" version, and got lost in the changes, with quite a few building added and other changed, but with the help of therapist, it is really easy to set the right jobs.

Anyway, just came to say thanks again for the mod.
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: November 04, 2012, 01:03:08 am »

I'm impressed with the mod so far as I can play it, and the ASCII+ tileset looks amazing.

However, I run into a persistent problem that frustrates me to no end. The game just randomly crashes. Absolutely no clue why. My theory, at first, was that autosave would've been to blame, so I turned off autosave. No dice. It seems to happen at the turn of a new season, far as I can tell. I've tried searching the thread for answers and came up with nothing, unfortunately.

Because of this, I can't really get any fort past its fledgling designs, and I'm particularly lucky to make it to the caravan. If anyone has any answers, I'm all ears. As for settings, I'm using the default settings, with the exception of windowed mode (changed to 1280x600), a slight max population decrease, and using ASCII+ with no creature graphics.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: November 04, 2012, 03:46:27 am »

I'm impressed with the mod so far as I can play it, and the ASCII+ tileset looks amazing.

However, I run into a persistent problem that frustrates me to no end. The game just randomly crashes. Absolutely no clue why. My theory, at first, was that autosave would've been to blame, so I turned off autosave. No dice. It seems to happen at the turn of a new season, far as I can tell. I've tried searching the thread for answers and came up with nothing, unfortunately.

Because of this, I can't really get any fort past its fledgling designs, and I'm particularly lucky to make it to the caravan. If anyone has any answers, I'm all ears. As for settings, I'm using the default settings, with the exception of windowed mode (changed to 1280x600), a slight max population decrease, and using ASCII+ with no creature graphics.

If you are on a mac/linux and having this problem turn OFF truetype fonts... they cause lots of weird hard to track crashes.
Get Python.
After installing phyton I get a black window popping up for a split second before going away.
Is there anything else I need?

Open a command prompt. (start -> run -> type cmd and then run )
use the cd command to change to the masterwork directory. <- required... settings.py WILL NOT WORK if started from another directory. It must know where it is to find the other masterwork files.
then execute python, and tell it to execute the python script.. such as :
c:\python33\python.exe settings.py

to make a double clickable file save the things you type into a text file named start.cmd

the start of that will change depending on where python is installed/what version you have. python3 or newer is required (2 wont work)
Yes it requires a little work, but that is intentional at this point... the alpha isn't quite finished... if you want everything included and to 'just work' use the older 1.9.5 you can run 1.9.5 out of the box, without messing about with python... the alpha is mostly intended to give a little 'preview' and to allow others to help finish it up if they so desire.

Hello all, I have 2 questions )
1. Is it hard to make last masterwork version under linux? May be there is instructions for doing this?
2. Is it hard to make ttf font work under linux? There's a couple of years I wait this bug removed(

1) it should work no problem, masterwork does only change the raws/graphics. The old 'launcher' application only work on windows... the linux version of 1.9.5 has all included modifications but no configuration program... the alpha of 2 is designed to work cross platform... but is more rough around the edges... we are here to help you with specific problems you have with it however.
2) that is toady's domain. We have no access/control over the base game/rendering engine. I would assume that the bug still exists. From my understanding toady is in feature adding mode, and once the next version comes out with the extra features that he will go back into bug fix mode for a while.  in my experience the True Type bugs are reproducible/avoidable as they are tied to specific zoom levels/windows sizes/screens/menus. I usually keep them off but toggle them on/off when i know I'm in 'safe' parts of the game. (it is a single key, F-11 or F-10 if i remember right)

narical

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Archlinux x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: November 04, 2012, 06:25:21 am »

Trying to run:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Googling a bit results this:
http://serverfault.com/questions/269357/got-error-while-encoding-text-in-linux

It means that the key is already encoded, and the system is attempting to decode it first before the encode operation.

And I can't find main executable for linux in MDF2 Alpha, how is it works?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 07:20:26 am by narical »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: November 04, 2012, 01:08:16 pm »

That bug was fixed, check out the update posted by arclance in the masterwork  teamspeak thread. Also, the ALPHA does not include the full game. You will need the appropriate vanilla version of dwarf fortress. Extract it into the DF directory, and run Masterwork Settings.py It will modify the raws of the vanilla game to be masterwork.

The actual release will automate that for you.

edit:
link to newest revision of alpha
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:10:32 pm by zenerbufen »

narical

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Archlinux x64
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: November 04, 2012, 02:07:37 pm »

Python configuration is running! ))

If there any manual for making working copy of df+masterwork?)
I mean step-by-step, like
1. Get the latest vanilla df
2. Get masterwork df2 alpha
3. unpack something somewhere
4. run blabla

I haven't found any binary for linux in mdf2 alpha.
There are some hardcoded changes in masterwork, right?
Then we need last version binary executable. Now I have 1.9.2 under linux, and where I can get last version?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:10:53 am by narical »

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: November 04, 2012, 04:40:26 pm »

If you are on a mac/linux and having this problem turn OFF truetype fonts... they cause lots of weird hard to track crashes.

I'm playing on Windows. I'll try that anyway, though. Thanks.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: November 04, 2012, 05:42:55 pm »

Didn't work. And, in case this helps at all, this is the error I got.

"The instruction at 0x037d3327" referenced memory at "0x7f0601cd". The memory could not be "read".

The only option I can think of now is that I'm going to try a fresh install. See if that helps.

Edit: Still crashing, but I've narrowed things down to two slightly more obvious options. Scriptoriums potentially not recognizing what graphite is, and trees maturing from tree seeds. However, I doubt the former is the source as I've gotten crashes without scriptoriums. In my latest fort, my tree planting was delayed, and I managed to get to late winter before the crash, which leads me to believe tree seeds are at fault. I wish I could test this further, but I can't find a dfhack command to mature plants. I'll have to test with a fort that doesn't use treefarming.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:00:20 am by Tally »

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: November 05, 2012, 01:19:04 am »

To everyone using the alpha: Please use the updated version linked in my sig.

Sorry Tally, but I don't play on windows and I have never received that error :( I can't help you.

Python configuration is running! ))

If there any manual for making working copy of df+masterwork?)
I mean step-by-step, like
1. Get the latest vanilla df
2. Get masterwork df2 alpha
3. unpack something somewhere
4. run blabla

I haven't found any binary for linux in mdf2 alpha.
There are some hardcoded changes in masterwork, right?
Then we need last version binary executable. Now I have 1.9.2 under linux, and where I can get last version?

To install the DF Alpha on linux:
1) Install python 3 by the normal means for your distribution.
2) download DF linux: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/df_34_11_linux.tar.bz2
3) download Masterwork Alpha
4) extract Alpha
5) Open newly created Masterwork folder
6) extract df_34_11_linux.tar.bz2 into df folder    <- I think this is what you are looking for

To configure:
1) open a Terminal window
2) cd path/to/masterwork_folder
3) python3 lib/backend_merged_20.py (if using arclances update)
3) python3 Masterwork\ Settings.py    (original version of alpha)

To play:
1) path/to/masterwork_folder/df/df      (I'm assuming that the linux executable uses the same name as the mac executable, it could be dwarffort.exe or something similar)

Double check the capitalization/names, I typed the above from memory... I don't have access to a linux system to verify, so it might require slight tweaking.
Hope that helps! The next release won't require all those steps.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:28:49 am by zenerbufen »

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: November 05, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

Sorry Tally, but I don't play on windows and I have never received that error :( I can't help you.
I suppose you can help somewhat: Are you able to plant trees (via farm plots) without the game crashing on their maturity? How about trying to make ink from graphite when you have none in your stocks?

Thanks for trying, anyhow. It's nice that you're helpful.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: November 05, 2012, 01:29:39 am »

I've never attempted to use either of those features! Sorry.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: November 05, 2012, 08:55:46 am »

I think I figured it out. Tree seeds maturing seems to be the problem, as my latest fortress (specifically not using any form of treefarming) has managed to go much longer than usual without any crashes.

Melzer

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_POST][CURIOUSBEAST_POSTER][FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: November 05, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

@ Meph
       You should start a wiki and encourage fans to add stuff to it or something (Yes I know there's one already, but it doesn't really say much more than the manual). It's a really great mod and all but the built in manual doesn't really give much information about the "inside" and it's kinda tedious to ask every little question you have on the forums and then wait a couple of hours for an answer. Not saying that you have to do it now, but just saying you should consider it, it would really help a lot
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:51:19 am by Melzer »
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 749