Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799441 times)

moisesjns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.2a - Quick update, fixes and archeology. :)
« Reply #7725 on: December 24, 2012, 04:45:25 pm »

Is there a reason why using the spell eractions in adventure seem to always make me kill myself? morpheus does nothing and casting firebolt or the other spell even with proficient kanpper still gets myself killed. i cant move and just melt.
LOL nevermind i figured it out you have to throw the spell.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 04:48:41 pm by moisesjns »

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: December 24, 2012, 05:03:11 pm »

7-Zip supports the decompression of a bunch of formats, but it doesn't compress to many. This includes .dmg, which it only reads. (Not that I can see any archival benefit to the format.)

I can say that Jotunar vampires are going to beat you to shit, unless you're one nasty adventurer. (Unsurprisingly they're by far the most overpowered adventurers too.)
Though I seem to have a problem actually getting vampirism, because I have 7 units of transformed lesser vampire blood (albeit it's just "blood", which may be the culprit of the problem?) left from the 36 I filled a bag with. And I'm still mortal. And transformed vampire blood is supposedly better at spreading the curse.

Also, action:
Code: [Select]
The commander thrusts its hand!

You are struck by a ball of flames!

You hear a pained scream.
It is burning.

You can't sneak because somebody can see you.
You hear a pained scream.
The commander rapidly gestures!
The commander rapidly gestures!
The Elf Speardancer is struck by a ball of flames!
The commander powerfully gestures!
The Elf Speardancer blocks the fire.
The Elf Speardancer attacks The commander but It jumps away!
The commander attacks The Elf Speardancer but He jumps away!
The commander misses The Elf Speardancer!
You hear a bloodcurdling scream.
The commander attacks The Elf Speardancer but He jumps away!

-------------------------------------------------------------

You charge at The commander!
The commander looks surprised by the ferocity of Your onslaught!
The commander is caught in a burst of flames!

You run through The commander in the head with the tip of your copper scimitar, breaking away the flames, fracturing the outer shell and tearing apart the brain!

The commander has been knocked unconscious!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The commander is propelled away by the force of the blow!

You are caught in a cloud of flames!
The Elf Speardancer is caught in a burst of flames!
The Elf Speardancer is caught in a cloud of flames!

The commander's left thigh skids along the ground, shattering the outer shell!

The commander slams into an obstacle!

Infernomancer Recruit has been struck down.
Scimitars are so deliciously overpowered;

[ATTACK:EDGE:15000:18000:whirl around and slash:whirls around and slashes:curved blade:1500]
[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:22000:whirl around with outsgtretched arms and slash:whirls around with outstretched arms and slashes:curved blade:3000]
[ATTACK:EDGE:50:10000:run through:runs through:tip:4100]

Now, some quality cutting-shit-up weaponry like a katana:

[ATTACK:EDGE:20000:6000:slash:slashes:NO_SUB:1250]

Yum.

Admittedly it's probably for some variety and semi-critical strikes in Dorf Mode, but things are a bit out of control when a scimitar is a good substitute for a spear - while also as good at cutting things apart as a great axe is.
Though I may be horribly wrong here, of course.

Edit: Update: Apparently the listed parameters are equal to the ones found in a Zweihander.. Except Zweihanders are pretty much "The Big Two-Handers", while a scimitar is a single-hand weapon.
Of course on average with random-strikes the zweihander wins, but coordinated the former, bigger weapon is pretty much exclusively for bling-bling effect.

Also I just slaughtered an entire army of No-Sleep-For-The-Living frost giant ambushers by poking their brains in with a copper scimitar.
Copper scimitar > Frost giants, apparently. Though nobody excludes the fact that Uruk Ronin are pretty badass.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 06:05:42 pm by Bloax »

oh_no

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: December 24, 2012, 06:00:52 pm »

Ignore my previous post about % children.  I tried to replicate it and got crashes randomly and once in a while a well generated world. 

If it helps at all every time I do get a crash the error log reads

Unrecognized Inorganic Token: WARPSTONE_SOLID
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction LANDMINE_DEPLOY_KIT_TOXIC
*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction TURRET_DEPLOY_KIT_WARPSTONE

But for now I have a fully generated Blessed Sera to play so I'm happy.  Haha.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: December 24, 2012, 06:22:43 pm »

it begins to rain honey bee honey
it begins to snow Frozen sheeps milk!.

have fun going outside when all your dwarves can think about is how sticky honey is, and the smell of milk going bad is going to drive them nuts

also the terrain... yellow n white year round... ugh my eyes.. i built a tower of glass with a giant celing to block the honeynmilk from ruining my beautiful blue landscape

(v1 , good area rains never seem to cease for long, i have witnessed it raining. snowing (a snow storm has come!) its raining honey bee honey! and snowing frozen sheeps milk! at the same time... so yeah... my dwarves are happily underground.. not having to wash every other task...)

downloading v2 will see how that goes...

also . traders came with a prototype iron sword golem (remember v.1) worth 15k urists , tried to trade a masterwork mithril longsword (worth 16.5k urists) no luck . added in like 7.5k in food/drink barrels.. still no, tossed in 2 more longswords (2.7 and 4.5k respectively) still no.. - probably just conversation skills kicking my arse since it was the first dwarf caravan that came to visit me and my broker was just 5 ranks appraise. no social skills.

footnote.. golems aren't sissys anymore right?

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: December 24, 2012, 06:25:12 pm »

also, how do i edit soundsense config file.. to change it to use the new updated MW version. never(successfully) tried to edit an xml file

just dislike redownloading all the packs every update when i already got them on my pc. probably something simple im overlooking...

- sigh didnt really want to copy the packs folder.. but did. worked anyway regardless
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:55:50 am by Fairin »

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: December 24, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »

The menus [or, specifically, the extremely well-done organization of workshops and furnaces in-menu] in this mod should set an example to everyone how to do things related to that.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: December 24, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »

So, Meph, how does the new magic system work, or has it not been changed substantially?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

leanerace

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: December 24, 2012, 08:39:42 pm »

I really love the decorations on this mod, first off there was the potted plants, now theres the toilets(GREAT JOB!)  8)

I would really love to see more decorations in the next succeeding patches of this mod, and maybe you could put some programming shtick(because i dont know how to program) that could enable dwarves to go to the toilets rather than just have them take  dump all over the fortress(which is where the vermins really come from). It could be like the training facilities but to a profile default for all dwarves, although  that means idlers would take shit all the time. I hope you could do something about that. after all sometimes the Fortress seems to be a little damp if you know what i mean.  :D

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: December 24, 2012, 09:20:58 pm »

couple of requests Meph...

can the glass smelter.... make 4 blocks instead of one(like everything else) .. make beds too... make buckets...

or make the dwarf craftshop to make the glass beds since it makes more sense there. on a glass fetish apparently...

i think the dwarf craftshop needs a little cleaning up.. i don't think i've ever used half the reactions on the front page...

also alt is messing with the R button as well as the C button from df hack seeing whos the owner of said building, minor annoyance.

also wasnt the furniture shop able to make stuff out of blocks as well? - craft chest from block ect? - makes it easier to color coordinate my dungeon.. er fort.. what i have to do now is burn the rocks into colored bricks then make those colored bricks into boulders then make those new boulders into chests and whatnot.. (that also weigh a metric urist ton and are hard to move around -.-
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 09:37:51 pm by Fairin »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: December 25, 2012, 04:52:41 am »

Every time I go to make walls or floors on an embark larger than 4x5 DF crashes :P Any idea why? I've a funny feeling these new DF hack mudles are to blame.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7735 on: December 25, 2012, 09:07:16 am »

EDIT: I also found a little bug in the machine factory. The reagents needed, the blackpowder, is the old type from the old chemistry system. So... the new chemist makes tools called blackpowder pouches, and currently you cant build your own landmines and some of the turrets because of that. I have it fixed here, but since this is such a rarely used late-game mechanic, I hope you guys can wait a bit ^^ 

@godlysockpuppet: I always embark on 3x3, so I wouldnt know. But you might want to report that to the DFhack guys, or falconne in the "construction helper plugin" thread. But my guess is just not enough virtual memory...

@fairin: I cant mod the glass smelter. I cant mod the vanilla reactions in the craftsdwarf. I also cant mod the dfhack plugins, but if they are really that distracting I will consider deleting the plugins. Furniture workshop never made stuff from blocks. It does need some blocks for beds, but all the rest is from rock, exactly like the mason or stonecutter. What I can do in theory is add a Glassforge/workshop/cutter/whatever. It could fill the same role as the other custom buildings (gem, rock) and create the items missing in the original building.

Oh, and soundsense, just copy the old pack you have, golems work fine, especially wartrained prototypes, and you can disable the strange weather in the GUI under "misc" I wanted to do a lot more with the weather, giving at an actual use, but it is so frequently and messes up the surface, that I might just scrap the idea of special rains, and just do special fogs/mists.

@leanerace: I dont know if you know, but dwarves dont actually need a toilet and/or create any sort of filth. There are hardcoded materials for this, but no game mechanics. I also cant add those, and I refuse to, because these buildings are decorational. Adding more micromanagement without positive affect will not be fun for the player. I can add same fake reactions that you as the player can activate, and a dwarf will use the toilet, but that would be, again, just for the sake of roleplaying. For example: diplomat arrives, you tell your mayor to hide in the bathroom, locking the door ^^ Stuff like that.

More decorations... I dont know about that one. There are already quite a few, grass, tree, plant, fountain, totem and toilet. The first four are essentially for indoor parks, with roads being used as paths, totem for evil players that want some deco for their dungeons/arena/whatever, and the last one for roleplaying fanatics and their living quarters. Or the throneroom ;) The display case actually is useful, you can safely store artefacts and trophies in them.

What kind of deco would you say is missing? Remember that I can only choose from the tiles in the tileset, I cant just make stuff up.

@wrex: No changes, simply some balancing. It is easier now, and treant seeds, spitting orchid seeds and gargoyle statues are way easire to get, because I want people to give reports about the improved spawning system. Please remember that this is in my current modding version, and not the one online.

@Mictlantecuhtli: Thank you :) I plan on improving this further, sorting the reactions in the buildings,and weapons/armor/tools... mechanixm actually had the idea and did some work on the alpha for this, would be a shame if the idea wouldnt be used. I dont think I will touch the stones, but who knows.

Do you think the workshop layout is ok as it is? The workshops in the groups themselves are unsorted, I didnt really know if I should do it alphabetically, or by type.

@kamikazi1231: One guess by me: You did disable warpstone in the GUI ? (the errorlog is harmless btw)

@bloax: thanks, scimitars will be nerfed. I actually removed them already in the Alpha... didnt get to it for this version yet.

@zen: the old manual is practically useless... more or less. I will still do the html-manual I did for the alpha and change the content. But cant work on it, I dont have it, or dreamweaver, on my netbook.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:11:58 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: December 25, 2012, 10:01:21 am »

meph: modest mod has the recenter bugs fixed
Stopped pause and recenter on citizen birth and warm/damp walls Added pauseand recenter on death of citizen

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7737 on: December 25, 2012, 10:37:28 am »

these arent bugs, but vanilla DF features. Adding pause and recenter upon death is actually really bad, I did that once in this mod, and many people complained and voted it out, because big battles are stop-and-go then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: December 25, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

@godlysockpuppet: I always embark on 3x3, so I wouldnt know. But you might want to report that to the DFhack guys, or falconne in the "construction helper plugin" thread. But my guess is just not enough virtual memory...
Run into this problem several times before (I've a shitty laptop) so no surprises here.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: December 25, 2012, 11:55:12 am »

Every time I go to make walls or floors on an embark larger than 4x5 DF crashes :P Any idea why? I've a funny feeling these new DF hack mudles are to blame.
Since dfhack is running in the same memory space as Dwarf Fortress every new thing they add to dfhack pushes you closer to the 2GiB memory limit on Windows.
I don't know how much it adds and 4x5 is not really that large so you might just be running out of memory.
Windows will kill it if it uses to large a percentage of the available ram.
You probably want at least 3GiB of ram to run that large of an embark to leave some room for your OS as well.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:58:07 am by arclance »
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 514 515 [516] 517 518 ... 749