Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 188353 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #285 on: May 13, 2016, 05:43:09 pm »

Finally managed to wake one up without it crashing the game. So far, all it has done is punch the miner once doing no real damage, then wander my fort smashing down doors. My succubi seem to ignore it, and it ignores them. All it cares about is breaking doors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #286 on: May 13, 2016, 08:16:47 pm »

Boltgun, I have to sort the items in item_succubus.txt into other files.

TWBT is still reading out raws alphabetically and assigning numbers to items. If you look into item_armor.txt for example, I added my new plate armor at the very bottom, with a "NO TWBT YET" note on it.

Your items jumble up the order and all the ingame item sprites are mixed up. I just noticed that when I made a dagger and it looked like a flail. I will move all your items to the bottom of the fitting files; gloves in item_gloves, pants in item_pants, etc.

Just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: Ignore everything I just wrote. Easier solution: Rename item_succubus to item_z_succubus. Done. all fixed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:39:48 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2016, 02:10:17 am »

So, in order to summon a tentacle monster, you need a drink and some Nightmare milk, generic milk doesn't work. If milk is standardized you can't summon tentacle monsters.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2016, 06:15:27 am »

Finally managed to wake one up without it crashing the game. So far, all it has done is punch the miner once doing no real damage, then wander my fort smashing down doors. My succubi seem to ignore it, and it ignores them. All it cares about is breaking doors.

When a creature is a building destroyer, they are at war with furniture even if they do not care about people living around those.

Boltgun, I have to sort the items in item_succubus.txt into other files.

TWBT is still reading out raws alphabetically and assigning numbers to items. If you look into item_armor.txt for example, I added my new plate armor at the very bottom, with a "NO TWBT YET" note on it.

Your items jumble up the order and all the ingame item sprites are mixed up. I just noticed that when I made a dagger and it looked like a flail. I will move all your items to the bottom of the fitting files; gloves in item_gloves, pants in item_pants, etc.

Just wanted to let you know.

EDIT: Ignore everything I just wrote. Easier solution: Rename item_succubus to item_z_succubus. Done. all fixed.

Yes I had to rewrite some TWTB overrides in vanilla and made it follow item ids. Lots of work.

So, in order to summon a tentacle monster, you need a drink and some Nightmare milk, generic milk doesn't work. If milk is standardized you can't summon tentacle monsters.

I'll fix that asap and try to have it follow standardized settings.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2016, 09:57:10 am »

Already fixed it. Nightmares keep their special milk, no problem.

Reddit:
2 things I noticed while playing succubi in the latest MW version:
1) Succubi keep getting regular migration waves although they are supposed to only get the first 2 forced waves and then convince prisoners to join them.
2) Succubi have no access to their advanced alloys stygium and afelsteel. You can buy them in small amount from traders and abuse the melting exploit to get more but I think it would be more fun if succubi could smelt their own advanced metals. It just extremely painful to get 4 bars once per year from the caravan.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:24:11 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2016, 02:42:29 pm »

I know the Styg and Afel are currently trader only, Boltgun is still doing the method to make them on site, but I think it only says that in his vanilla succubus thread, so you wouldn't know unless you read both threads.

Migration is supposed to stop? It seems to follow your pop settings just fine.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 16, 2016, 01:24:52 am »

I've been playing Succubi for the last couple of forts and they are awesome! I quite like the idea of balancing easier access to magma with tougher room requirements. It keeps forts smaller, tidier and FPS friendly.

There are a couple of things I noticed:
I tried to summon a fell spirit via portal, which requires a bronze cage, rose gold and slade slabs, but it still showed the slabs red although they were in a stockpile right next to the summoning portal.

Tentacle monsters, spirits of fire and fell spirits all share the key shortcut [t] in the summoning portal.

Frog demons and decay brutes show up as 'citizens' in Dwarf Therapist. Some of the frog demons look as if the could haul items in DT but most have any work disabled. It doesn't seem to depend on them being children or adults or what profession they have.

I can turn human visitors in the tavern into devils with the Den of Inquiry. They don't become part of my civilisation - BUT if I accepted them as temporary citizens into my militia first they suddenly have all their jobs enabled. This seems to be a nice and quick way to generate some cheap human haulers who can also swing an axe. I like! =3
Maybe the other visitors should also become proper citizens for consistency?

Currently I'm on an embark with nagas, goblins and orcs as neighbors and they are all at peace with me. If it wasn't for the occasional werebeast or living stone I'd have no fights at all. Would it be possible to bump the hate factor for succubi up during world gen to get more enemies?

Fantastic mod, Boltgun! You managed to create a civ that is easy to pick up but different enough from dwarfs to be unique and interesting.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2016, 04:00:22 am »

I know the Styg and Afel are currently trader only, Boltgun is still doing the method to make them on site, but I think it only says that in his vanilla succubus thread, so you wouldn't know unless you read both threads.

Migration is supposed to stop? It seems to follow your pop settings just fine.

Migrations waves are intended, it might stop if you set the civ as evil as you'll get no export values.

I should have told about the metals but I replied on reddit for clarifications.

I tried to summon a fell spirit via portal, which requires a bronze cage, rose gold and slade slabs, but it still showed the slabs red although they were in a stockpile right next to the summoning portal.

Did you setup burrows? There is bugs with those that prevent items to be properly selected. The next DF version will probably fix that.

Tentacle monsters, spirits of fire and fell spirits all share the key shortcut [t] in the summoning portal.

Will fix that asap.

Frog demons and decay brutes show up as 'citizens' in Dwarf Therapist. Some of the frog demons look as if the could haul items in DT but most have any work disabled. It doesn't seem to depend on them being children or adults or what profession they have.

They re treated with intelligence by DT even if they shouldn't. I'll try to make them truly intelligent next patch and make them haulers.

I can turn human visitors in the tavern into devils with the Den of Inquiry. They don't become part of my civilisation - BUT if I accepted them as temporary citizens into my militia first they suddenly have all their jobs enabled. This seems to be a nice and quick way to generate some cheap human haulers who can also swing an axe. I like! =3
Maybe the other visitors should also become proper citizens for consistency?

It's great and I am surprised that it work at all for citizens as it was designed for invaders. Corruption will be reworked in the near future.

Currently I'm on an embark with nagas, goblins and orcs as neighbors and they are all at peace with me. If it wasn't for the occasional werebeast or living stone I'd have no fights at all. Would it be possible to bump the hate factor for succubi up during world gen to get more enemies?

I cannot do that, you must embark with hostile neighbors. Activating invaders for your world will provide some proper chaos.

By the way, I streamed some df yesterday and TWBT crashed on me. A lot.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #293 on: May 16, 2016, 04:05:36 am »

I streamed some df yesterday and TWBT crashed on me. A lot.
Any details? I did not have any crashes with TWBT, except when zooming farther out than the max (which is known). Sure it was TWBT?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 16, 2016, 04:23:35 am »

First crash was as soon as I awaken a stone creature from digging, the second one I cannot tell. I was on a mountain and I guess new creatures entered the map.

Either way I had no crash anymore after going back to 2D.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #295 on: May 16, 2016, 04:45:18 am »

First crash was as soon as I awaken a stone creature from digging, the second one I cannot tell. I was on a mountain and I guess new creatures entered the map.

Interesting. Because people have been reporting crashes with TESB, the earth strikes back, after awakened stone happens. Not with TWBT. You think that the two scripts would clash somehow?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2016, 12:57:59 am »

Interesting. Because people have been reporting crashes with TESB, the earth strikes back, after awakened stone happens. Not with TWBT. You think that the two scripts would clash somehow?
I have a fix for the crashes associated The Earth Strikes Back, and it will be in the next Friday release of Masterwork (the bug was actually in DFHack).  What confuses me though is that in my testing I only ever got a crash immediately (very rare) or when the creature left the map... but players are describing slightly delayed crashes that I can't reproduce.

As far as I can tell, any Text-Will-Be-Text crashes are completely unrelated.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2016, 03:42:06 am »

I have a fix for the crashes associated The Earth Strikes Back, and it will be in the next Friday release of Masterwork (the bug was actually in DFHack).  What confuses me though is that in my testing I only ever got a crash immediately (very rare) or when the creature left the map... but players are describing slightly delayed crashes that I can't reproduce.

As far as I can tell, any Text-Will-Be-Text crashes are completely unrelated.

Yes, those are probably unrelated and we may have to wait for an update for stability.

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »

un-retireing doesnt work with succubi. it makes you start a new exhibtion but everyone at the site who isnt a pet is hostile to you even the vistors in the tavern and they don't ever leave so you have to kill them or block them inside the tavern until they die of thirst

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 19, 2016, 11:21:12 pm »

Really? I have unretired a succubi fort before, although in the last patch, and the only thing broken was that every single cabinet had been un-built and were scattered around the fort.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41