Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 435137 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1920 on: December 09, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Drazoth has spent quite a while on the deep mines, near the adamantine. He said that he was there to build the craftdwarf's shop, but he's taking his time if that's what he's really doing down there... I don't blame him, though. Raw adamantine is truly a sight to behold.
Anyway, I'll go take a look at the trade depot, let's see how everything's doing and--
Shit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I TOLD YOU TO TAKE THE CAGED GOBLIN, NOT THE CAGE AND THE GOBLIN!
Thankfully, the greenskin only complained about the state of his clothes before being dogpiled by the army. Thank the gods they are a real military now and not a ragtag militia. Sadly, a hamster woman also broke free somehow, so I think we won't be able to sell the prisioners to the humans.
Damn laws abolishing slavery!
Now, you dregs there, don't touch those cages! I'll see to dump those gobbos to the lava, maybe put one of them with Smuntsu if I feel like it.
Two goblins are designated to be sacrificed. The other will stay caged and maybe be taken to Smuntsu's office. He'll tell her why dwarves are good and their demon gods are bad.
Meanwhile, some soldiers are dispatched to take care of the stray hamster woman, who ran downstairs into the second level, sat on a stockpile and started to contemplate her life choices as she heard the steps of a squad of crossbowdwarves above her head.
The marksdwarves shoot her down and leave the poor thing to bleed out with four arrows stuck in her heart. I order them to throw her at the magma lake. Armok hasn't recieved any sacrifices in a while, and he's not going to be pleased with only two goblins.

Hm... There seems to be larger concentrations of adamantine near semi-molten rock. I'll investigate.

My suspects of Don Pedro being somehow releted to evil entities have been confirmed. He is now screaming like a child, throwing stuff around and making quite a scene, actually. At least he stopped quickly when he got hungry and only chucked two sharp objects at a child, both of wich were dodged. Oh, well, back to the mines...
Tekkud, be careful with that channeling, we don't want the adamantine you to be covered in magma, oka--HOLY SHIT
"And with that, Tekkud, I proclaim you Miner in Chief!"
"But... I'm a mason, sir."
"Do you want the adamantine or not?"
"..."
"That's what I tought."
GO AND HOLLOW THIS MOUNTAIN UP!
I'll turn the adamantine into strands, then into wafers, then into weapons and armor. The army will be kitted out like never before. We will clean the caverns of every wicked creature. We will take them over. We will endure as the greatest Mountainhome that has ever existed! We will conquer HELL if necessary! With all this adamantine, the whole world will fall at our feet! The ambitious humans on their cities in the plains, the elven kingdoms in the jungle, the goblin towers, even those pesky kobold and animalmen tribes! They shall all succumb to us! They all shall surrender or die! This world will fall under the flame of dwarven industry, under the edge of an adamantine sword, under the banner of the Hall of Mortality, the banner of the Town of Stroking, the banner of Doomforests! We shall rule the world! This is just the beginning, do you hear me!? THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING! DOOMFORESTS SHALL NOT FALL! EVERYONE SHALL FALL TO DOOMFORESTS!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 09:07:05 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 09, 2015, 09:56:45 pm »

With all this adamantine, the whole world will fall at our feet! ...  DOOMFORESTS SHALL NOT FALL! EVERYONE SHALL FALL TO DOOMFORESTS!

Just as planed......

{Maniacal Laughter}
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:39 am »

Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 10, 2015, 12:51:59 pm »

My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 10, 2015, 10:30:58 pm »

Journal of Drazoth the Third:

It took some time, but I was finally able to steal some adamantine from the mining site.  It wasn't easy, but I needed it for some tests.  My tests on it have shown that even raw adamantine is excellent at absorbing energy.  I suspect that once purified and made into strands and wafers, this capacity only increases.  With this information,  I should be able to buy some time before the excess energy in the stone here reaches a critical level.  I just need to finalize the plans for the Chalice and hand them over to Mate888.  So long as he gets a decent start on it,  Don Pedro should be able to finish it.  Worse comes to worse, it will be easy to bully Don Pedro's successor if needed. 
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 11, 2015, 02:56:04 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th
I spilt some lava into the mines by accident, but it's nothing that a wall can't fix. SO KEEP DIGGING YOU FUCKERS!
Also, Drazoth, could you build that wall for me? I'm counting the adamantine strands up here.
DRAZOTH WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING STANDING TWO FEET FROM THE FUCKING LAVA!? BE CAREFUL, IF YOU TRIP YOU WILL BURN AND DIE and the adamantine will be lost AND I DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!
BUT DON'T STOP BUILDING THAT WALL EITHER FOR FUCKS SAKE!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 11, 2015, 04:10:10 pm »

Journal of Psycho II
Damn! That's a lot of adamantine! I'm going to have to see this for myself at some point, possibly after it's been taken out of the caverns, for safety's sake. I heard Drazoth went down there to "Fix up a hole," whatever that means. Hopefully he won't get himself into trouble. Mate's been acting weird lately, too. I know adamantine can change a person, but I think that it might not be the whole story. Someone's going to have to talk to him at some point...
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 12, 2015, 01:57:20 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

Mate the 888th have digged down to adamantine. I heard that he even lost himself for a while after getting in contat with it. Perhaps it's the effect energies flowing from ore into his body? Doomforests is a huge drain of energies flowing down toilet seats of dieties or escaping through demon hellholes in goblin towers - we get all the shit that is thrown at us. Speaking of getting crazy, I heard that Don Pedro not only thrown a tantrum, but also thrown sharp objects at children! If not for the adamantine, Mate would smite him with his hammer already! There are rumors of leak down in the mines, and that it'll be flooded with magma soon. Maybe Order should do something about it?

I'm sure that Mate would deal with it himself. I'll visit PsychoAngel, I want to build myself a soap tower.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: December 14, 2015, 01:25:19 pm »

Now that his research on the adamantine was complete, it was time to move onto the next subject.  What kind of being could impersonate a dwarf, while not possessing a soul.  D3 pulled out the book that The Dark One had given him all those years ago.  He knew that there was something in there about soulless beings. 

Several hour later, he had found what he had been looking for.  While there were several kinds of soulless beings, there was only one type that was likely.  When Don Pedro arrived in DoomForests, D3 was not the only that noticed.  The gods likely also sensed it.  They then would have sent an agent of their own, who slew Don Pedro's son and took his place.  Upon signing the Pakt, it likely left to avoid detection.  It likely wasn't Armok, as there was the Inquisition here to serve him.  There were only two other gods interested in DoomForests.  Nifih and Gogol.

"Well, shit."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:30:14 pm by Drazoth »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 14, 2015, 02:45:54 pm »

"Hm... This "Undertale" game seems fun, I'll play it for a bit..."
*three days later*
"OH SHIT THE FORT!"

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
I'm making adamantine armor for the soldiers, adamantine weapons, hell, maybe I'll make an adamantine cap, because the rutile one is breaking my neck every time I wear it! Also, blue is the new purple, ain't I right?
Aaaand... That's it, pretty much, nothing else is happening, and I don't have anything to do until the weapons and armor prodution ends apart from digging some more.
I should ask Drazoth if he has the plans for the Chalice alredy.

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 14, 2015, 03:57:07 pm »

Hans made his way to D3’s room. He was tired, grimy and just a little irritated.

“I have something sir,” he said as he entered the room to find no one there, “Dammit.”

He then asked around and found that D3 was deep in the mountain helping with the excavation of the adamantine that had been recently rediscovered. So he went in search of D3 growing wearier by the minute.

“Sir,” he said as he finally found D3 working alone, “I’m glad I found you sir. I managed to recover a piece of the Dark One.”

“Good, what is it?”

“A tooth, sir.” Hans replied.

“A tooth…”

Hans sighed and said, “Yes, sir, a tooth. The crundles weren’t exceptionally helpful as all they could do was lead me to a pile of bones. It took a while of sorting but I eventually found it.”

“And you’re sure it’s his?” D3 asked taking the bone from Hans.

“Yes, the foul smell of his necromancy is deeply ingrained in it.”

“There was nothing else of his down there?”

“Not there specifically,” Hans replied, “That’s what took me so long; I had to make sure. That was the only one. Now if you don’t mind I need some rest. I haven’t slept properly since I went down there.”

Hans then returned to his room. He had barely laid down on his bed when he fell asleep.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 04:40:59 pm by Hans Keip »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 16, 2015, 01:56:27 pm »

The third year of the archive has been completed!  How goes the turn mate888?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 17, 2015, 11:28:48 am »

So... is anyone actually playing the game, or is it all RP now?  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 17, 2015, 11:43:52 am »

Mate is taking a turn. Allegedly.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 144