Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 142

Author Topic: Mystville [Game Thread]  (Read 115213 times)

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mystville [Game Thread]
« Reply #870 on: March 05, 2020, 07:52:59 am »

Hm... It's been dirtied a bit.

Dixie hands the Closed Parchment over to Jack or Doak, whichever is closer. Think you can clean up those ink splotches? Might be useful information. Thanks.

She then sets her sight on the locked chest, running mana diagnostics onto it as per usual. What does the keyhole look like? Dixie tries charging mana into it and looking around, to see if a hidden key resonates with it.
I have a YouTube channel.

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Laemmle the Sparkly Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:17 am »

The ironclad slayer took the robe and went to Leammle. "By the way," he said. "I think this looks good on you." The slayer wrapped the robe around her.

GSH gave the red robe to Leammle

"Ha?" priceless reaction of Laemmle with her caricature. A chibi face with a white fill of circle outlined by black as her eyes, warped by robe.

"Ah, thanks." She replied. Looking the robe wrapped with her body. She look back again to Ironclad.

"I will take it but I know someone who is good for this kind of stuff." She spoke again to him and leave the room still with a robe.

She then wear off the robe once she went outside and fold it properly while walking.

Asking others for where did Linea went and took some time. She went to Linea's location.

Pausing as she look on the female elf staring outside from the window.
I answer the call, from now on my sword always be with you.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2020, 08:30:43 am »

The ironclad slayer took the robe and went to Leammle. "By the way," he said. "I think this looks good on you." The slayer wrapped the robe around her.

GSH gave the red robe to Leammle

"Ha?" priceless reaction of Laemmle with her caricature. A chibi face with a white fill of circle outlined by black as her eyes, warped by robe.

"Ah, thanks." She replied. Looking the robe wrapped with her body. She look back again to Ironclad.

"I will take it but I know someone who is good for this kind of stuff." She spoke again to him and leave the room still with a robe.

She then wear off the robe once she went outside and fold it properly while walking.

Asking others for where did Linea went and took some time. She went to Linea's location.

Pausing as she look on the female elf staring outside from the window.
Yes, what is it?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 05, 2020, 09:29:59 am »

"The party retrieved inside the chests and they are going to move on.

Mister Tincan gave me this ruby robe but I think it is fit on you." Laemmle spoke to Linea.

"I noticed and read what magic enhanment codes that is written on the robe. It seems to be amplifies the fire attribute spells and it also has resistance from the same elemental attribute." She continued, unfolded the ruby robe and show it to Linea.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:31:42 am by Remuri »

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 05, 2020, 09:47:49 am »

Linea studied the robe for a moment and taken aback by its gaudiness. Well, she was never one to dress like that to begin with and wearing that could probably hamper her movement.

But she could confirm the fire magic amplification enchantment the girl claimed. A rare kind of enchantment.
And she seemed to be very hopeful that Linea would accept it.

"I... appreciate it, thank you."

Now with the robe in her possession, Linea's mind for a while now thinking about whether she should look for someone to transmute this robe, or just don the robe and pretend that she is a tyrant queen.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:53:53 am by Slyph »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 05, 2020, 10:27:52 am »

"Okay all the goods shit has been claimed, I'm gonna see what's at the top of this ladder."
Burt climbs the ladder to the top.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 05, 2020, 11:01:10 am »

Now with the robe in her possession, Linea's mind for a while now thinking about whether she should look for someone to transmute this robe, or just don the robe and pretend that she is a tyrant queen.

Linea gains the Ruby Robe.

The party (whoever is willing and able to) starts climbing up the ladder, which goes through the ceiling, up, up, up. After climbing for 5 minutes or so it lends at the entrance of an open trapdoor into what looks like a study. There is a desk, a small bed and several shelves. The room appears to have been ransacked, with signs of struggle all over the place. Books have been toppled over and slashed, massive ink blots stain the walls and books. Pottery has been smashed and a couple of stools upended.

There are a few intact books in this room, one is on the desk (along with a loaf of elvish style longbread), bound shut with leather straps. The others are scattered near one of the windows, which for some strange reason are topically related; dealing with gardening, exotic plants and elementary nature magic.

At the end of the room is a glowing tile with runes etched around it, projecting beams of light up to the roof.
:-(

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 05, 2020, 11:10:13 am »

"Aw dammit looks like someone already got to kick the ass of whoever built this tower, and it looks like they broke all the shit in here."
Burt walks around the room looking at all the books that are scattered around even the damaged ones to try and get an idea of whats here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Remuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 05, 2020, 11:35:26 am »

Linea studied the robe for a moment and taken aback by its gaudiness. Well, she was never one to dress like that to begin with and wearing that could probably hamper her movement.

But she could confirm the fire magic amplification enchantment the girl claimed. A rare kind of enchantment.
And she seemed to be very hopeful that Linea would accept it.

"I... appreciate it, thank you."

"I guess we should find someone on the town who knows Transmutation.

With that, it will match make from your taste of wear." Laemmle replied on Linea, smiling.

"But for now let's get move on and follow where the party is heading on." She continued.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 05, 2020, 02:05:14 pm »

Linea gains the Ruby Robe.

The party (whoever is willing and able to) starts climbing up the ladder, which goes through the ceiling, up, up, up. After climbing for 5 minutes or so it lends at the entrance of an open trapdoor into what looks like a study. There is a desk, a small bed and several shelves. The room appears to have been ransacked, with signs of struggle all over the place. Books have been toppled over and slashed, massive ink blots stain the walls and books. Pottery has been smashed and a couple of stools upended.

There are a few intact books in this room, one is on the desk (along with a loaf of elvish style longbread), bound shut with leather straps. The others are scattered near one of the windows, which for some strange reason are topically related; dealing with gardening, exotic plants and elementary nature magic.

At the end of the room is a glowing tile with runes etched around it, projecting beams of light up to the roof.

Doctor Doak will take the books on gardening, exotic plants and elementary nature magic, 'cause they sound interesting.

He'll also look through the other books for some interesting reads, starting with opening the one bound shut on the desk.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Slyph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 05, 2020, 08:07:42 pm »

Linea tied the arm of the robe securely on her waist and let the rest draped in a manageable length, making that gigantic piece of clothing appear as if she was wearing an additional strikingly-red skirt. Fortunately, the weight was not as much as she thought of.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 05, 2020, 10:14:44 pm »

Dixie hands the Closed Parchment over to Jack or Doak, whichever is closer. Think you can clean up those ink splotches? Might be useful information. Thanks.

Doctor Doak is now in possession of the Closed Parchment. One Eye'd Jack has opted to stay behind in the treasure room, on account of the difficulty posed in coaxing a bear to climb ladders.

She then sets her sight on the locked chest, running mana diagnostics onto it as per usual. What does the keyhole look like? Dixie tries charging mana into it and looking around, to see if a hidden key resonates with it.

The keyhole looks like a keyhole. The locking mechanism feels to be unlike a standard padlock. Channeling mana fails to garner a reaction from the lock, and generates no signs of its key inside the treasure room.

"Aw dammit looks like someone already got to kick the ass of whoever built this tower, and it looks like they broke all the shit in here."
Burt walks around the room looking at all the books that are scattered around even the damaged ones to try and get an idea of whats here.

The shelves must have been stocked with books in the hundreds, going by the mess of torn papers and ragged book covers scattered everywhere. Judging by the covers and contents of pages the books dealt with magic, mostly. It seems to be a mix of theory, application and autobiographies. Trying to discern any greater detail would be a monumental undertaking considering the state of the books.

Doctor Doak will take the books on gardening, exotic plants and elementary nature magic, 'cause they sound interesting.

He'll also look through the other books for some interesting reads, starting with opening the one bound shut on the desk.

Doctor Doak gains intact books on nature magic (x7).

The journal opens easily. However large chunks of this journal are missing, with many pages either ripped out or damaged. However Doctor Doak recognizes the handwriting used on the few pages inside, which is the same as the torn page he found earlier in the hidden room. Of the remaining pages most are full of technical details relating to the construction of the tower, the language used is esoteric or else coded, and it is difficult to make sense of this information without consultation.

There is an occasional entry or paragraph that gives insight into its author’s life, and his efforts in creating this tower over several years, perhaps more than a decade. The vignettes have been compiled and paraphrased below:

I, the great archwizard Gorohill Vercressen Pierre, hence withdraw from my travels and observation of of magical phenomenon around the globe, and retire to this forest, due to the-

My respite did not last long. It seems to me that that there is an overwhelming source of magic somewhere in this forest, and I need to investigate further. My steward shall look after [illegible] while I’m-

Some sort of shrine, dedicated to a local forest deity. The central ziggurat is given over entirely to a Seed, and most of their rituals revolve around it. It also seems to be the source of power for-

I have had the most splendid idea. Surely, not since the first arcane runes were conjured by the consciousness of great sages a millennia past has there been an insight like this. To attract more adventurers and fame-seekers to the region I shall erect a tower here, a magnificent edifice unmatched by any. It will be an easy matter for one with my magical proficiency. The tower shall challenge their guts, their wits, the well of their souls. Promises of wealth and trinkets, such as I can spare from my vast amassed hoard, will draw them in. And the reason for doing all this is-

Some sort of disturbances have been taking place of late. My sentinels have notified me of it but the source has yet to be determined. Probably another dratted pigeon if I had to guess.

Time and again I am hounded about the seed, blast him, just as I near the completion of the tower. All my concentration must focus on it solely, I must not let anything stray me, not even-

The final paragraph is on the last readable page, the two pages following after suffering burns and the words rendered unreadable.

The Centipede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 05, 2020, 10:19:58 pm »

Dixie pulls out her Dagger of Destiny from inexistence and charges her mana into it while stabbing the keyhole, activating its once-per-day massive damage.
I have a YouTube channel.

Frank

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 05, 2020, 10:45:33 pm »

Dixie pulls out her Dagger of Destiny from inexistence and charges her mana into it while stabbing the keyhole, activating its once-per-day massive damage.

((Dixie rolls 10/10))

A raucous laugh emanates from the dagger, the sound reminiscent of a dying animal. The padlock runes glow brightly before vanishing, and the padlock disintegrates into pieces. The checkerboard patterned chest can be opened now.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 05, 2020, 10:47:07 pm »

According to this,” he taps the fancy journal, “There’s a shrine nearby dedicated to a forest deity. It also says the tower was more to attract adventurers than corrupt the local fauna into attacking the village that contracted us.

Anyway, the journal mentions something about a seed bothering the maker of the tower, who appears to either be a particularly powerful prestidigitator, or someone with a very large opinion of themselves. I suspect the seed may require further investigation, what with the whole “saving the village” business we should be getting on with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 142