Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 243

Author Topic: DFHack 50.13-r2  (Read 819858 times)

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r4
« Reply #3135 on: April 13, 2022, 08:57:24 am »

Also, need script for teleporting long distances.
(Wanna visit all squares of the world with single character for data exporting purpose)
Old teleport doesn't seem work.
(Dont generate bugs, just don't TP)
Any help?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 13, 2022, 10:14:15 am »

questport is for teleporting to different world tiles, teleport is for local tiles.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: April 13, 2022, 10:20:29 am »

questport is for teleporting to different world tiles, teleport is for local tiles.
Is it possible to use it automaitc, without manually enter Quest screen?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: April 13, 2022, 10:28:34 am »

Wanna visit all squares of the world with single character for data exporting purpose
Why? Would reveal-adv-map do what you want?
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 13, 2022, 10:40:32 am »

Only particulary. I want map all map in Isoworld oversized mod. For this i need to
1)TP to global map tile.
2)Wait until Isoworld load data
Size of 3x3 embark size will be mapped automatically.
3)Repeat from point 1. Where are else a lot of little additions to this, but this is basic idea. I need do it fully automatically because it's thousands little jumps to explore all the map.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 13, 2022, 11:29:21 am »

One more diffrent question...
How can i give dfhack commands via powershell?
https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Core.html#using-an-os-terminal
dfhack-run etc from this documentation doesn't work for me

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: April 13, 2022, 03:55:57 pm »

dfhack-run etc from this documentation doesn't work for me
Can you explain how it "doesn't work"? What command are you trying to run?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:08 pm »

I’m getting a message on startup saying that fortplan was built with r3 and not r4.
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: April 13, 2022, 11:15:34 pm »

I’m getting a message on startup saying that fortplan was built with r3 and not r4.
Fortplan was removed in 0.47.05-r4 in favor of quickfort. I'm guessing this message is coming up because you upgraded to r4 by writing over an existing r3 installation, and the fortplan plugin simply does not exist in r4 so it was not overwritten. Our recommended approach to upgrading DFHack involves deleting the entire hack folder first, which avoids situations like this.

In this case, the message should be harmless. You can ignore it, delete the fortplan plugin from the hack/plugins folder, or follow the linked procedure to obtain a "clean" install of r4. Up to you.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: April 14, 2022, 01:57:41 am »

So, docs/Compile.rst says to use "git clone --recursive https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack". However, GitHub made security changes quite some time ago that require you to go through additional hoops to push your changes back to the GitHub repository. One option involves using "git@github.com:DFHack/dfhack" instead and generating an SSH key.

The guide should probably be updated to give info on this.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 14, 2022, 04:41:37 am »

Only particulary. I want map all map in Isoworld oversized mod. For this i need to
1)TP to global map tile.
2)Wait until Isoworld load data
Size of 3x3 embark size will be mapped automatically.
3)Repeat from point 1. Where are else a lot of little additions to this, but this is basic idea. I need do it fully automatically because it's thousands little jumps to explore all the map.
ok so what you need to do is write a weird script that connect isoworld load data with moving around the adventurer's army position.
which probably possible but would require messing with
Code: [Select]
df.global.world.armies coding and maybe
Code: [Select]
df.global.ui_advmodebut I don't know how isoworld works and if you need to leave fast travel... if you do then mapping out the ocean locations would be a bit tricky as you can't really fast travel away on an ocean tile and the current fast travel teleport scripts probably need you to be unloaded from the game field
I guess you could use warmist waypoint system and probably my boatcamp script to move across the oceans and scan those regions but that's going off the idea of you needing to exit fast travel otherwise the script would probably be more writing a script macro to move the adventurer's army a set amount of space to save repeated key strokes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 14, 2022, 12:30:41 pm »

So, docs/Compile.rst says to use "git clone --recursive https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack". However, GitHub made security changes quite some time ago that require you to go through additional hoops to push your changes back to the GitHub repository. One option involves using "git@github.com:DFHack/dfhack" instead and generating an SSH key.

The "git clone https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack.git" format should be just fine for retrieving the code to compile it, which is what Compile.rst is about. It's the "git clone git://github.com/dfhack/dfhack" format that was deprecated (see here for where we adjusted to this in DFHack).

If you are trying to get changes back into DFHack, https://docs.dfhack.org/en/stable/docs/Contributing.html has info on creating a GitHub account and a fork for development.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:33:59 pm by myk »

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 15, 2022, 11:52:19 pm »

GitHub did drop password-based auth over HTTPS within the past year (you have to use a token or an alternative to push now) - I'm assuming that's what Bumber is referring to. They also dropped the git:// protocol more recently.

I definitely want to keep HTTPS as the default in Compile.rst for the reasons Myk said - for read-only access, it is the simplest and does not require extra setup steps. If you'd like to update Contributing.rst with instructions on switching to SSH (maybe references to existing GitHub docs?), that would be welcomed.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 16, 2022, 10:54:58 am »

Seems like Civilization(actyally, any entity) name via DFhack always empty. Was trying to get civilizations to which armies belong too - but wasn't able get names.
Names of leader working fine.
Any help?
Also, any way to get info about armies non-historic unnamed members?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:58:01 am by Heretic »

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 16, 2022, 03:42:12 pm »

Anybody know why autochop might be marking my trees in marker instead of standard? Google is failing me, my d menu is not set to marker, and it's frustratingly intermittent. I had some of the surface designated (to channel) in marker as a building layout scheme, and I thought that might be causing it somehow, but I created a new burrow on a different z-level and did some marking in it, but when I set autochop to that burrow it designated for chopping just fine. And then I set it back to the original burrow and it designated the trees in marker again. At one point I fiddled and fussed with it until it started working correctly, but I couldn't isolate anything I did in particular, and then last night Windows rebooted on me and I lost the changes. Am I missing something obvious?
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 243