_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5760606 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16260 on: August 31, 2013, 08:43:25 pm »

((Assuming that my kinetic amp doesn't require some sort of surgery to install into my head.))

"Now to use these things"

Head to the VR room and experiment with my amp. Start with an unarmed target with no armor and proceed to more difficult ones.
((PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE SAY ENTER VR FIRST!))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: August 31, 2013, 08:49:23 pm »

((Assuming that my kinetic amp doesn't require some sort of surgery to install into my head.))

Head to the VR room and experiment with my amp. Start with an unarmed target with no armor and proceed to more difficult ones.
((PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE SAY ENTER VR FIRST!))
((THIS. THIS!

Not that I have to worry personally, mind you. :3))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »

(( Yeah makes me glad I decided to open the box and speak to the doc and not go to the VR this turn.... ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »

"Are you trying to say something?"
after several seconds of silently waiting, shake my head once and go back to what I was doing, entering VR to try out the sandbag.

Do not get punched by this person
((kinetic amps aren't like other amps, they're basically punching gloves designed to punch through anything.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:21:26 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: August 31, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »

"Are you trying to say something?"
after several seconds of silently waiting, shake my head once and go back to what I was doing, entering VR to try out the sandbag.

Do not get punched by this person
((kinetic amps aren't like other amps, they're basically punching gloves designed to punch through anything.))
((Hmm... now that I think about it, the little girl is the most dangerous opponent in Punch Many Things...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: August 31, 2013, 09:00:20 pm »

Avoid looking like a target.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:05 pm »

Awesome. Hey, who was selling that MKII and for how much? Also, do you know how much the AM will give you in exchange, or are you just trying to give some of us newer inm... soldiers a fighting chance?

Head to the Armory, ask how much everything except my manipulator could be returned for. Ask about recharging the battery for the manipulator
(( I have a toolbox and I think a random collection of medical supplies from the planet? Your list indicates that I have a painkiller, which I think is the latter of those? ))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: August 31, 2013, 09:06:38 pm »

((My character's still carrying his gear around, so he's not unarmed. At least I won't be the first target.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »

((With my armor on and carrying around a large assortment of weapons, I surely can't be his first target. And I pity him if he tries it on me, I still have my armor on. What a shock it would be to him to end up destroying the VR behind me.

And then he'd have to face me, with the fact that he likely just put his hand through my brain(case).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: August 31, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

Arguing for tokens and regarding debriefing:

First of all, debriefing everyone at once is better, as it allows us to see who was forgotten, mess things up less, and have a single repository for everything. If it's a bother to get everyone in the briefing rooms, why can't we just get debriefed without wasting a turn, and just have us all "abstractly" gathered.

The flatground samples seem to be extremely efficient at absorbing energy, specifically lasers as long as they're struck on their "surface". It's an interesting property we're trying to back engineer into something protective.

Rocklice samples are interesting, but the R&D people can't see a use for them yet.

The "raditite" crystal and beads have interesting energy generation and storage capacities. It may lead to rather useful power system advancements.

Iron sea wasn't useful.

The lake bed samples are somewhat unique and might be able to be used for self sealing suit technology. Maybe.

Those rock worm samples are fascinating our xenobiologists but our scientists can't think of anything to do with them.

And last, those things Flint found; the blobs that flint found with the metallic stuff inside them. They appear to be some for of rudimentary biological computer of sorts. More on that to come.
You seem to have forgotten about the weird fog-tree area, of which Vich took a lot of samples. (Air, water, ground, tree, leaves, fruit.)

I don't see the crystals and the pole covered with crystals, that we gathered from the the half-shuttle lay.

Dust storm samples, although they were probably were useless.

What about the Purple Sea sample that Flint found?

And finally, the carcasses of the sound worms that attacked us.

Now for the IC stuff he says to Steve (And I will keep reposting this every turn if you miss it.):
"Forgive me if you are too busy to listen, but I feel like I have more accomplishments than just exploring a lot of area. For starters, I helped calm down Morul when he decided to shut down the shuttle, which averted what could have been a firefight which would have probably damaged the base. Now, the base still suffered, but it was fine at the time.

In addition, that "tactical cowardice" that you mentioned would have saved us from hunger if the base kitchen was damaged in any of the two attacks on it. If not for me, our entire food supply would have been in the kitchen.

Moving on, and most importantly, you have mentioned that I myself have not brought many samples, while I was with the team that got them. I may be mistaken, but am I right that we get rewarded as individuals for the samples we bring, and not as a team? Because I believe that we should absolutely be rewarded as a team when we act as a team. Sure, Flint was often the first to grab stuff, but it doesn't mean we wouldn't have grabbed it without him. If you want to encourage teamwork and cooperation, something the HMRC is not known for but something we will need in the oncomning war, then you should reward teamwork. And that means rewarding the team for working as one in getting the samples, not for rushing ahead and trying to scoop something up before your teammates."

(After finishing talking about tokens, and after hearing Steve's reply:) "Independently of talking about tokens, I'd like to talk to you and ask you some questions about planning that one-year expedition. Are there any isolated areas in which I can talk to you in private?"

Other actions for Vich:

Give one token to Jim, one token to Flint. Make sure Zephyris gets debriefed.
(No, I'm not going to steal them. But could you do it please? Five tokens if she doesn't deserve the full ten.)

Take off the glasses and discard them. Inform the medbay of my recovery.

Also, if talking with Steve can happen independently of doing this (since I missed a turn anyway,) go to the Armory and
get a listing and prices for armors (but not Mech suits) starting with the Civic Defender's Longcoat, to whatever's in the range of 20-25 tokens. (including stuff like Flint's mining suit.)
Do the same for stealth suits and gadgets, starting with the crappy stuff for several tokens, to the really good in the range of 20-30. (don't forget the stuff the guy in the fifth mission wore.)

To Armory Master: "Since I have some tokens now, and I'm a paranoid person, is it possible for you to store them for me on my name, in case of mugging or accidents?"

A question for Piecewise: How would mission 11 be different if Faith did not volunteer at the last moment? Or if it did actually turn out to be all-newbie.

Also, still waiting for full logs/PM's from Faiths adventures and from the Secret Briefing.

And do I have my MPV and does Unholy have his Rocket bike? Because the reseach team could have taken it. If I still have the MPV, label it as mine, and get it somewhere where it won't shine too much.

Wait! Did I get my MPV in the shuttle? Did Unholy get his Bike? Did we get the radioactive shard?

And you can't just cut away all our actions from the time the sky changed to when the shuttle closed it's doors. I'm pretty sure there was a sizable period of time in between.

And two and a half minutes is still enough to attack a drone to the shuttle!

Shard, yes.
MPV yes.
Rocket bike, Sure.
Attack a drone to the shuttle? Wat.
Must add rocket bike to my inventory :D
((I'm pretty sure Piecewise said that the research team took everything from us. That surely includes the drones (footage) but also probably the MPV and the Rocket Bike.

For the people talking about Nyars tokens, I like the chart I made better.

And I think you guys shouldn't be scared of him attacking people. Can't remember a single time such a spelling mistake actually resulted in trouble.))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:29:46 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: August 31, 2013, 09:25:54 pm »

Pan turns towards the new face in the armory "Hiya, yes, I'd be the one selling the MKII. Id ask, probably 4 tokens, but we can always negotiate if you think thats too much. Our glorious AM can.give me two tokens for it, if I recall correctly. Giving the new guys some cheaper equipment is a nice plus, of course, but I'm not really doing this out pure altruism. I'm just kinda really in need of spending money right." he taps his head with his knuckles "I neef a good decompensator, ya see, before I go too far with my amp and kill eveyone around me. "

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16271 on: August 31, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »

((Okay, let's start the fun...))

1.Check the armory master for the price of a scope/rail extension/electronic stabilizer/whatever for the Gauss cannon that could give me a bonus in long range shots.
2.Check the available types of special Gauss cannon ammo.
3.Check if I could trade in the ammo the Gauss cannon comes with for some sort of special ammo, even if I have to trade in 3 regular shots for one special shot.
4.Ask how fast I could recharge my mining laser battery with a generator I get for 1 token.

5.Go to the VR machines, start tinker and try to create a monoatomic whip.
((Actually, it's not exactly a whip. Anybody has a better name for it?))
I'll write how I imagine this should work and you will tell me why this won't work, right?

Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Text (click to show/hide)

((If this works and is as cheap as I think it will be, it's going to be a perfect unconventional weapon for physimancers. Anybody willing to test it for me if I get it prototyped?))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:23:27 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: August 31, 2013, 09:46:38 pm »

Addendum to previous action of watching TV in rec room: if someone enters the rec room with a kinetic amp and punches someone, destroy the kinetic amp wielder unmercifully by freezing them solid with the microwave amp and shattering them. If they try to punch someone and miss, take their amp away from them and knock them out with punches from the three hands not holding the amp out of their reach.

(Also, sorry, I missed being asked a question earlier because of all the posts. @_@)

"How many missions have I been on? Six, so far." (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9a, I believe.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 09:48:52 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: August 31, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »

Addendum to previous action of watching TV in rec room: if someone enters the rec room with a kinetic amp and punches someone, destroy the kinetic amp wielder unmercifully by freezing them solid with the microwave amp and shattering them. If they try to punch someone and miss, take their amp away from them and knock them out with punches from the three hands not holding the amp out of their reach.

(Also, sorry, I missed being asked a question earlier because of all the posts. @_@)

"How many missions have I been on? Six, so far." (1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 9a, I believe.)
((Six. Only five count. Also, I didn't update it after mission 8. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RHe25AsNcVSm_RF87eBBe0XJ3JdtQIbibnseq6KV8Ew/edit))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: August 31, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »

(Only five count may count as completed missions, but I've been on six so my answer is still truthful. :P Also, just noting, but as Cael/Milno and Steve explained earlier, the 'you have to do ten' thing doesn't really apply anymore. If characters REALLY want to leave the HMRC they can do so as soon as the ship lands.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 2101