Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2127326 times)

guranda

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #5115 on: September 30, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »

my baron was being a ass and mandateing all the suff i was trying to sell i set up a mytery lever for him my legendary smith (all the wetle working skills were legendary +5) ran over and pulled it... i forgot to set it to my baron only... i cryed

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: September 30, 2011, 08:34:02 pm »

my baron was being a ass and mandateing all the suff i was trying to sell i set up a mytery lever for him my legendary smith (all the wetle working skills were legendary +5) ran over and pulled it... i forgot to set it to my baron only... i cryed
He successfully trolled you to the max.

Lock him in a room with statues in his honor. And let him starve.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: September 30, 2011, 11:17:02 pm »

My captain of the guard has the title "The Helmed Band of Cradles".  That's nothing unusual in itself.  How he got it was by killing five dwarves in the name of !!Justice!!  And they're ALL he's killed.  No goblins, no crundles, no badgers.  Just these five dwarves who probably committed minor infractions.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: October 01, 2011, 04:14:56 am »

Moody weaponsmith makes cotton candy short sword and names it exactly like her name goes... Tosid Dunestown
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: October 01, 2011, 05:51:37 am »

Moody weaponsmith makes cotton candy short sword and names it exactly like her name goes... Tosid Dunestown

Sarvesh Udiltishis "Sarvesh Lanternspiral" a magnetite coffin by Sarvesh Udiltishis

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5120 on: October 01, 2011, 06:34:26 am »

I built my pyramid, Sungate, tile-by-tile very soon after 3d came out. About a week after I finally finished it (months and months of labor), Toady released a new version where you could mass-designate constructions. I could probably re-make that pyramid in a few days now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: October 01, 2011, 09:23:33 am »

I built my pyramid, Sungate, tile-by-tile very soon after 3d came out. About a week after I finally finished it (months and months of labor), Toady released a new version where you could mass-designate constructions. I could probably re-make that pyramid in a few days now.

Knowing only now that you could do the above. Now...how does one do that?  :-\

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: October 01, 2011, 10:38:22 am »

The keys u,m,k and h add tiles to your designations for walls and floors and whatnot.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sirdanilot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: October 01, 2011, 04:13:29 pm »

I still wouldn't call that 'mass designation', as there's a maximum of tiles you can cover that way. But it's surely an improvement.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5124 on: October 01, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

Going from being able to designate 1 tile at a time to being able to designate 100 or so in one shot, after building a gigantic pyramid 1 tile at a time for months of my life, yeah, I'd call it mass-designation. But if you want to be picky about semantics, you can say "able to designate multiple tiles in one shot," though it doesn't exactly have the same ring to it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: October 01, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »

"able to designate multiple tiles in one shot,"

Isn't that actually the definition of mass designation?  :-\ Did I miss something? (No, seriously.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: October 02, 2011, 02:43:06 am »

Noticed that my plump helmets are in surplus. Not enough barrels=Cooking time.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:01:34 am by Madventurer »
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: October 02, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

Maybe I should do that as well, yeah.

Also, Zefon somethingsomething the Bone Carver got badgered into a small muddy pool and drowned a few seconds before a Dwarf opened the pool. Her body was destroyed by the flow which is really odd because it was six or seven tiles of 7/7 water at most. Oh well, I'll slab her anyway.
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: October 03, 2011, 08:42:48 am »

Yeah Fris, slab her. :P

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: October 03, 2011, 10:12:21 am »

Maybe I should do that as well, yeah.

Also, Zefon somethingsomething the Bone Carver got badgered into a small muddy pool and drowned a few seconds before a Dwarf opened the pool. Her body was destroyed by the flow which is really odd because it was six or seven tiles of 7/7 water at most. Oh well, I'll slab her anyway.

Her body isnt destroyed, just hidden. You'll still find her and all her clothing and equipment in the stockpile menus, you can unforbid them, and your Dwarves will haul them away. Happened to me too with a warrior in all-steel, took me a while to figure it out!  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 729