Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459]

Author Topic: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition  (Read 417208 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Untamed Virus Containment Thread:COVID-19: Lurking Omni-Flu Edition
« Reply #6870 on: April 30, 2024, 06:19:07 pm »

I'm just saying that the media shouldn't be only source talking about a story. With Covid you had the organizations like the WHO and CDC making statements. And let's not forget about the testimony of Chinese citizens on WeChat during the early days when China was trying to cover up the existence of the virus. COVID was a story that was dying to be told.

I can't afford to let myself get invested in every catastrophe the media is talking about, especially when it's something I have no control over. That's gonna wreck your mental health. So for the sake of my sanity, I really have no choice but to ignore it until it becomes a more active part of my life.

It's stuff like this that makes me hate modern news media, because I want to be informed, I want to know what's going on around me, but they add so much junk in with the real stories that consuming too much of it literally makes you sick.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like I should probably just ignore anything about this one until actually does something, or starts popping up in my area.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not that you'll ever find out about it, of course, if you follow advice.  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459]