Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13403325 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #164745 on: April 28, 2024, 03:43:04 am »

Had a very broken 45 minute nap earlier and that apparently means I now have to lie awake getting angry about relatively minor things that happened weeks ago and have had no bearing on my existence since.

Same honestly
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164746 on: April 30, 2024, 02:36:50 am »

Had a massive storm roll through over the weekend, during witch one of the massive trees in the backyard got struck by lightning and split in half, the half that fell knocked over the other massive tree in the backyard and crushed the dog pen and most of the front of the goat pen, dog got real lucky because a T-post managed to take the weight of the tree falling on it and not break thus preventing tree from falling on his house and crush him.

You'd think that we would have heard something from all that going on but all we heard in the house is something brush against it, luckily it didn't hit the house other wise we'd have lost that room.

Now comes the fun bit, knocking down the part that's still standing, cutting apart everything. and figuring out what to do with all the resulting wood.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164747 on: April 30, 2024, 03:28:14 am »

That's a seriously unlucky sequence of things to have happen. Glad the doggo is okay though atleast.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164748 on: April 30, 2024, 08:04:08 am »

Want to know what to do with the wood?

Bonfire baby!
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164749 on: April 30, 2024, 08:27:36 am »

please do not throw puppies into a bonfire made of scrap wood

just... no
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164750 on: April 30, 2024, 08:34:45 am »

What about hush puppies?

(Hrm. Haven't had those in quite a while!  Although, they are fried, so it would be a bit tricky to utilize a bonfire...)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164751 on: April 30, 2024, 03:35:18 pm »

Use the wood for weapons/weapon handles. Because that wood is cursed and whatever weapons you make from it will be similarly cursed.

Had calls yesterday and today from my internet provider looking to upgrade my internet. Lost interest when they told me it would increase my monthly bill by $60, and I'd possibly lose TV service. By the end of the call I realized I was also probably talking not to some guy with a nearly incomprehensible accent, but to an AI with an incomprehensible accent. They kept repeating certain phrases and parts of certain sentences, and it sounded like they didn't quite understand everything I was saying. Also, the numbers they were calling from were obviously spoofed, which may have been a flag.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164752 on: May 01, 2024, 02:13:50 am »

Want to know what to do with the wood?

Bonfire baby!
That'd be a bad idea, piling up all that wood, sticks, and leaves would probably make a pile the size of a shed or small house, not them best thing set fire to that close to the house.

Most of it is probably going to end up as fire wood, the whole thing makes me wish there was a saw mill near by so we could make something from the tree trunks.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164753 on: May 01, 2024, 09:21:18 am »

I

SAID

BONFIRE BABY!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #164754 on: May 01, 2024, 10:02:08 pm »

coming in from taking dog out for night, big frikkin' bug flies right into my lips, moth or beetle or something, if i'd been talking to the dog or outside cat or whatever damn thing would have been in my teeth

critter basically fly at me screaming "EAT ME DAMN YOU"

and i was like "holy shit no get away from me what the hell you suicidal arthropod get off aaahhh"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164755 on: May 02, 2024, 12:40:05 am »

Why was algebra taught with out reference to Al-Jabr?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164756 on: May 02, 2024, 03:33:52 am »

I

SAID

BONFIRE BABY!
But I'm afraid...

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164757 on: May 02, 2024, 04:53:07 am »

coming in from taking dog out for night, big frikkin' bug flies right into my lips, moth or beetle or something, if i'd been talking to the dog or outside cat or whatever damn thing would have been in my teeth

critter basically fly at me screaming "EAT ME DAMN YOU"

and i was like "holy shit no get away from me what the hell you suicidal arthropod get off aaahhh"
It just wanted a kiss.

EDIT: USB cable stopped transmitting data overnight. It can still charge my phone, but neither my laptop nor pc pick up anything connected via it. As best as I can tell, it just decided it was done with existence.

Absolute pain in the dick considering I was using it for my PS4 controller.

Also I reset my pc and as it was resetting I got a CPU overheat warning while it was resetting, which makes no sense because the CPU isn't running at a high temperature. It's the third time it's happened, the other two being when I was playing Vicky 3. No idea what's up with that.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 08:42:37 am by Great Order »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164758 on: May 02, 2024, 08:55:55 am »

A lot of folks will parrot you need to repaste regularly, I think that's non-sense. In this particular case tho, that computer is older than 10 years right?
Arctic mx the cheapest brand paste is rated for a little less than that, noctua even less, but as per noctua's instructions, you need only monitor your temps after 5 years, and you only need to intervene if you can can notice a differnce (in delta as they call it).
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #164759 on: May 02, 2024, 09:05:26 am »

Paste very much will dry up over time. Throwing overheat warnings is usually the sign it has to be done.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.