Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082345 times)

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mutant Cheese Monster
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #2745 on: September 15, 2012, 01:27:01 pm »

Free to play doesn't mean they are giving away the game out of the goodness of their heart. It always means cosmetics for $.
Quote from: Vilien
Yes, you should always apply more magma.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 15, 2012, 01:28:07 pm »

Free to play doesn't mean they are giving away the game out of the goodness of their heart. It always means cosmetics for $.

Heck... Free to Play doesn't always mean Free To play as you think it.

Wizardry 101 being the worst case.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 15, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »

F2P can be good, as long as it is not P2W. I dont think this will be P2W. (funny how all these terms have a P and a 2. PS2, P2W, F2P.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 15, 2012, 03:55:17 pm »

So, patch is out which was foreshadowed earlier, apparently they are attempting to give a different feel to every weapon... so maybe the foregrip will be worthwhile now :V

And guys seriously, the faction debate? We bloody well had it already. Like I've said before, we're choosing a faction arbitrarily just to be in the same place. Right now that's NC. However:

I am leading the outfit, and will choose the faction by way of SHORT STORY CONTEST! Write a story depicting why your chosen faction is the best, best story by the char wipe wins.

I and others are willign to play on any of the three factions so long as it's with one unified Bay 12 outfit. I propose we all do the same!
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 15, 2012, 04:32:25 pm »

done.

They cannot seem to get it through their heads that air shouldn't be the counter to everything.

They're looking significantly worse than hi-rez in p2w and their dev process is so half-assed that it's just frustrating to try to follow their updates.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 15, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »

Invite McGirl33 please? :O
Invite Micro102NC plz
Sorry for the delay. I tried inviting you but I got a "player not found" message. Are you guys on US-East 2?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Techhead

• Bay Watcher
  • Former Minister of Technological Heads
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 15, 2012, 05:17:19 pm »

I also need an invite. The name is Techrebel
Engineering Dwarves' unfortunate demises since '08
WHAT?  WE DEMAND OUR FREE THINGS NOW DESPITE THE HARDSHIPS IT MAY CAUSE IN YOUR LIFE
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #2752 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »

Tried inviting you. Player not found.

Does it say that when you're offline?
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 15, 2012, 05:30:28 pm »

Yes the name is Micro102NC (the NC are capitalized) and I am NC on US East 02

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:40 pm »

Did a little more flying today and managed not to crash. Not sure exactly what kind of altitude to fly liberators at or how to best serve the gunners.

My main issue with flying so far is the mouse. I'm used to using just the keyboard or on occasion a joystick. Will have to see if I can customise them some.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2755 on: September 15, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

They cannot seem to get it through their heads that air shouldn't be the counter to everything.

Air is strong vs ground right now since ground is given few if any ways to harm air.

However, once you unlock anti-air it is stupidly strong against said air. A single Skyguard Lightning can take on and destroy several fighters. A pair of them can hold a kilometer radius against anything but an organized air assault.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 15, 2012, 06:22:25 pm »

Can you unlock anything as the heavy infantry in terms of locking on rockets? I'd really like to lock on to ships.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 15, 2012, 06:42:28 pm »

There is 2 lock-on rocket launcher, one for air and one for ground. Man its fun to lock on a flying lighning and finish him off when he is 450 meter as the rocket ( missile at this point? ) hits him.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 15, 2012, 07:04:42 pm »

Air is strong vs ground right now since ground is given few if any ways to harm air.

However, once you unlock anti-air it is stupidly strong against said air. A single Skyguard Lightning can take on and destroy several fighters. A pair of them can hold a kilometer radius against anything but an organized air assault.

And here I thought ground was strong vs air right now since I die if I even look at a AA turret in a scythe. Also, there are a ton of AA turrets in all the major bases and even a few in a few of the outposts. Also, burster maxes seem fairly effective at shooting scythes down. Reavers are, however, significantly tougher, to the point where if a scythe and a reaver collide, the scythe explodes and the reaver comes out if it with half its HP left.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:06:19 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Volatar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Anilist
« Reply #2759 on: September 15, 2012, 07:09:28 pm »

And here I thought ground was strong vs air right now since I die if I even look at a AA turret in a scythe. Also, there are a ton of AA turrets in all the major bases and even a few in a few of the outposts. Also, burster maxes seem fairly effective at shooting scythes down. Reavers are, however, significantly tougher, to the point where if a scythe and a reaver collide, the scythe explodes and the reaver comes out if it with half its HP left.

I had intended to type "few if any ways to hard air by default". All the anti-air save the emplaced turrets are unlocks. The emplace turrets also depend on where you are. Down south there is a lot more turrets than up north for example.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 826