Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082340 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3555 on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:21 pm »

ARGH, the pain fields are broken in the spawn tower at Easmir Munitions Corp. We know this is an exploit, but some vanu idiots still decide to sit there and spawn-kill everyone, all the while going "whats wrong guys? This is easy to beat, come on".
How is that even fun for anyone? Why do people HAVE to be idiots? All they have to do is walk away, but no. The internets drops everyones mentality to that of a 10 year old, it drives me mad!

Ok, done ranting now. Smed chimed in that they're working on it (good to see him playing haha), so there's that at least.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: October 25, 2012, 05:09:47 pm »

Until then, you can always let them cap then do it to them. Show them how fun it is and all.
Nothing important here, move along.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3557 on: October 25, 2012, 05:13:44 pm »

I never understood why people bother trying to break a spawn camp. Just leave, they're stuck in there and will have to redeploy.

It's the fact that people spawn there over and over and over and feed them thousands and thousands of points in a very short period that they keep doing it. If everyone just said "Oh, they're spawn camping. Spawn at the sunderer/next base over instead and move on" nobody would bother doing it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:27 pm »

I never understood why people bother trying to break a spawn camp. Just leave, they're stuck in there and will have to redeploy.

It's the fact that people spawn there over and over and over and feed them thousands and thousands of points in a very short period that they keep doing it. If everyone just said "Oh, they're spawn camping. Spawn at the sunderer/next base over instead and move on" nobody would bother doing it.

Ya, someone quickly pulled a sunderer up. The problem is, if enough people DO spawn at once, it's easy to overwhelm them with 1 gernade lob, so people try.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: October 25, 2012, 05:16:31 pm »

I find it hilarious when somebody, usually just one person, constantly spawns in over and over and I can rake up the points while they fruitlessly try to kill me. Nobody else even spawns, it's just this one or two guys who want revenge.
Nothing important here, move along.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: October 25, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »

Dear Planetside 2...
Enough with the 1GB+ Patches/Updates that come out each day...
Sincerely My Australian Internet Cap...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:31 pm »

I guess I am lucky to not have a download cap, but my download speed leaves a bit to be desired.  Averages about 45 minutes for a gig download assuming I am the only one on the network using it (350ish KBps).  Main reason I do my downloading overnight if I can, don't want to annoy the other people in the household.  By chance do you guys know of a bandwidth throttling program for personal use?

I hope that I will get better framerate sometime because playing with visible jerkyness vs playing it smooth is a world of difference.  Did managed to get some kills and assists in the couple hours I played.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: October 25, 2012, 10:34:45 pm »

I guess I am lucky to not have a download cap, but my download speed leaves a bit to be desired.  Averages about 45 minutes for a gig download assuming I am the only one on the network using it (350ish KBps).  Main reason I do my downloading overnight if I can, don't want to annoy the other people in the household.  By chance do you guys know of a bandwidth throttling program for personal use?

I hope that I will get better framerate sometime because playing with visible jerkyness vs playing it smooth is a world of difference.  Did managed to get some kills and assists in the couple hours I played.
Oh Download speed is okayish when its not capped but the moment my Cap is reached... Download speed goes to hell and stays there for the rest of the month... T_T
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:48 pm »

I guess I am lucky to not have a download cap, but my download speed leaves a bit to be desired.  Averages about 45 minutes for a gig download assuming I am the only one on the network using it (350ish KBps).
Hahaha... Be happy you aren't sporting 75kbs average download.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: October 25, 2012, 11:48:16 pm »

I wish they would fix up the elevators in the defensive towers outside the warp-gate.
They are all borked.  But it is great that they fixed up the turret animations, nothing like making a close target soil his armour when the cannon is able to fire at 90 deg. to the muzzle.  Nobody could tell if the cannon was manned or not.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: October 26, 2012, 08:57:40 am »

OMG OMG OMFGOAC!!!!
I can play Medic/Engi now, the Heal/Repair guns actually work for me now!!!
SQUEEE!!!!

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: October 26, 2012, 09:04:43 am »

Anyone else things expecting a release in one month its a total mistake?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: October 26, 2012, 09:26:03 am »

Anyone else things expecting a release in one month its a total mistake?

Hard to say, things are starting to lock down fairly well. An extra month wouldn't hurt for sure, but assuming they get the last few Certs and the last continent out next week, we're getting close to feature complete. Stability has also been approving a lot.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: October 26, 2012, 09:33:41 am »

I think "official release" is going to be more of a formality. Practically all MMOs continue to get patches well after their initial release. And especially with a free to play game, you're not risking driving people off as much if it sucks at the beginning. It used to be "Well, I tried a subscription, but there were too many problems, I don't know if I"m willing to pay for another month just to see if they fixed it." Now it's just "Well, I tried at the beginning, but I don't have anything to lose giving it another try if they say they've fixed a lot."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: October 26, 2012, 09:44:30 am »

OMG OMG OMFGOAC!!!!
I can play Medic/Engi now, the Heal/Repair guns actually work for me now!!!
SQUEEE!!!!

Hey, i'm da medik!
But recently i have been playing HA as nobody is ever online and i dont want to get raped while helpless against tanks. Seriously guys, how do you even get the C4 ON the tank?

One thing that wont get repaired and completely sucks is continent shapes.
WHY. SQUARES.
YOU COULD HAVE CHOSEN ANY GIVEN SHAPE.
BUT YOU CHOSE A BORING OLD SQUARE EVERYTHING THAT MAKES INDAR NON-SQUARE IS A BIT OF WATER BETWEEN MESA SKYDOCK AND THE VANU THINGY ON THE OTHER SIDE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 826