Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082345 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3810 on: November 08, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed it's been a lot better, performance wise for myself as well. It used to be very stuttery if I was in an area with more than half a dozen people or so. Now I can join just about any battle with hardly a hit in performance. I can even be somewhat competitive on the ground now, as well. I still love flying the galaxy, but it's become a lot less... necessary in recent times. So I find myself on the ground, more and more. Up until now that just meant medic, engineer, or infiltrator with the right terrain. Now I can actually go HA and find myself doing decently.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: November 09, 2012, 02:49:21 am »

Is it still Shotgun World?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:14 am »

Mostly. Outside and in the outposts it's better. It does make sense, though, that shotguns work better in close quarters.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3813 on: November 09, 2012, 04:56:11 am »

Ugh. It's impossible to take down magriders with the AA now. Especially if you CANT THROW THE FUCKING C4. I COULD HAVE FINISHED OFF THAT BITCH IF THE GAME WOULD HAVE LET ME THROW THAT SHIT.
Am I just not understanding you? You're trying to take out a tank with an AA weapon and complaining that its not working?
The outfit still exists, there's just nobody online...
If it still exists then I was mysteriously removed for no apparent reason.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3814 on: November 09, 2012, 05:12:45 am »

From what I've seen there is no real drop in effectiveness using the AA rockets against a tank compared with the default rockets, although there probably should be.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: November 09, 2012, 05:50:14 am »

Ugh. It's impossible to take down magriders with the AA now. Especially if you CANT THROW THE FUCKING C4. I COULD HAVE FINISHED OFF THAT BITCH IF THE GAME WOULD HAVE LET ME THROW THAT SHIT.
Am I just not understanding you? You're trying to take out a tank with an AA weapon and complaining that its not working?
AA Rocket launcher is excellent for taking out armor. No drop like the dumbfire-one, and only slightly less damage. With 1000 certs, though, I just bought them both.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: November 09, 2012, 11:05:05 am »

No, i'm complaining about not being able to throw C4. I had the magrider down to little health and a pack of c4 would have killed it. My first pack missed, and when i tried to threw my second pack, i kept mashing RMB but nothing was happening. Then i got supernovapc'd.

E:
Anybody that could come online now? I'm so lonely ;_;

E2:
Holy fuck. That was hilarious. I went to defend mesa skydock, found no way up, saw loads of vanu planes swamping it. Fired a few AA rockets, suddenly 2 galaxies and 5 scythes are chasing me. Totally worth it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:35:37 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: November 09, 2012, 11:41:18 am »

at least it did not explode in your face, killing those around you... I SAW THE GRENADE FLY AWAY, why did it explode in my face?  and, does the +grenade cert replace the suit? because I do not think it should.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: November 09, 2012, 11:42:12 am »

It does replace the suit. You can either carry more shit or have better armor or have better shields.
Nothing important here, move along.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: November 09, 2012, 11:47:18 am »

So... Can anyone come online? If we got an organizd squad of 4 or 5 people, we could capture some secondary facilities.

Always fun to overload a generator and see five vanu storm to it while you are hiding behind a box.

E:
It's official, amerish is terrible.
Indar and Esamir are nigh-warpgated by vanu while amerish is the only continent with a balanced population.

FFFFUUUUU-
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 12:20:43 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3820 on: November 09, 2012, 11:48:49 am »

I would if I wasn't at work. ; ;

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: November 09, 2012, 01:38:04 pm »

I'm coming online right now. Add SiquoBay12 to your friendlist to get an Outfit invite.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: November 09, 2012, 01:39:38 pm »

Woop, then i'll be coming back too. Go to Amerish. It's the only place that contains any fun. I just took an amp station while TR and vanu were closing in behind us. Herp derp.

E:
Siquo, why aren't you replpying?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 01:50:22 pm by miauw62 »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: November 09, 2012, 02:37:18 pm »

And crash again. Crashing does help getting other stuff done.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: November 09, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »

Has anyone purchased the EM1 for the NC HA?
Is it any better than the NC6 defalut LMG?

Looking for my next upgrade and hoping for some insight from the veterans.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 826