Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082345 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4050 on: November 21, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

Well, Sony fucked everyone over yet again.
If all the servers are up, that's a maximum of 24,000 people at any one time.

That's just not enough for an MMO, especially one which has had as much publicity as PS2.
"EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE SONY WHY DID YOU MAKE A GAME SO TERRIBLE"

So just don't play and I'll have a better chance of getting in. Thanks for letting me know you don't intend to play!

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4051 on: November 21, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »

Okay I created a form that feeds into a google doc for us to share information. Click Here

Here is the tabulated results, it is protected but available for viewing without signing into google. Click Here
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4052 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:20 pm »

Okay I created a form that feeds into a google doc for us to share information. Click Here

Here is the tabulated results, it is protected but available for viewing without signing into google. Click Here

Nice added mine. Do you have a way to update it when someones outfit changes?
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4053 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »

I'll add mine when I get home

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:04 pm »

Plan to make it changeable at some point, also updating it so that there is some standard fields and most of it being multi choice now.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: November 21, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »

I don't have an outfit yet. What's the outfit on Miller?

It would also be nice if we could have a pie chart of B12 distrubution across servers and factions in each server.
I have no expirience with Google Docs tough, so i'm not sure if that's possible.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: November 21, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

Somehow, some way....
I stuffed it up...
By using the dropboxes...
HOW!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: November 21, 2012, 03:10:43 pm »

I guess I'll probably switch over to the server with all the NC guys.  Will I lose all my stuff?  I don't have much but still. 

First I have to finish this research paper though.
Shoes...

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: November 21, 2012, 03:11:07 pm »

sadly my pc cant handle it, even at the lowest graphics settings :(

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4059 on: November 21, 2012, 03:13:04 pm »

I guess I'll probably switch over to the server with all the NC guys.  Will I lose all my stuff?  I don't have much but still. 

First I have to finish this research paper though.
Well your existing character will stay there with anything you've already gained but the new character won't have any of that stuff.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:37 pm »

Okay added charts, also PM with outfit names and we can start getting those populated.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:42 pm »

So, decided to download this, and loving it so far.

I have one question, though. How does a new character take down aircraft? I don't have 1000 CP for a lock-on rocket launcher, and trying to hit a fast-moving Liberator with the default dumb-fire launcher is like trying to hit a wasp with a rock.

I'm terrible at dogfighting, though I suppose that's something I can work on while amassing CP, and I'm not interested in dropping piles of real money for unlocks. Any advice?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: November 21, 2012, 03:28:06 pm »

So, decided to download this, and loving it so far.

I have one question, though. How does a new character take down aircraft? I don't have 1000 CP for a lock-on rocket launcher, and trying to hit a fast-moving Liberator with the default dumb-fire launcher is like trying to hit a wasp with a rock.

I'm terrible at dogfighting, though I suppose that's something I can work on while amassing CP, and I'm not interested in dropping piles of real money for unlocks. Any advice?

The stationary turrets at bases are pretty handy. Without spending certs, you can pretty much do that, or dogfight. Can't think of any other options really.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »

EU here too and NC. Maybe we'll bump into each other.

What server are you on?
It released on a work night so I won't be on until tomorrow. Will have to check with my outfit which server we're on.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: November 21, 2012, 03:44:08 pm »

WELP between the beta, a week ago, and now, the performance for planetside 2 on my computer has dropped to unplayable levels.

have 12-20 fps with all LOW settings on graphics. Thats so irritating. i was playing on all medium last week in the beta and had no fps issues. What a headache.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 826