Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082344 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile

I was very disappointed in this game, I didn't enjoy it very much at all
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Though of course most/all VS weapons don't suffer from bullet drop.

You're the second person I've heard say this, and I have no idea where this info is coming from.  I've done many hours of sniping for VS already, and I can tell you there is definitely bullet laser drop (as little sense as that makes).  I would get waaaaay more headshots if I didn't have to compensate for bullet drop.  I could maybe believe that we don't suffer as much bullet drop as the other factions, but it's still definitely there.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

So umm... where exactly are we on EU, and how do I actually get into the outfit? I finally have some free time to play this what with uni having a holiday break coming and all. I got damn bored in the beta but I assume some outfit shenanigans might actually make this fun.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're the second person I've heard say this, and I have no idea where this info is coming from.  I've done many hours of sniping for VS already, and I can tell you there is definitely bullet laser drop (as little sense as that makes).  I would get waaaaay more headshots if I didn't have to compensate for bullet drop.  I could maybe believe that we don't suffer as much bullet drop as the other factions, but it's still definitely there.

VS has no bullet drop on any gun except the bolt action sniper rifle. Having no bullet drop on that would be amazingly good, so they made an exception for it. At least as far as I've heard.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I was very disappointed in this game, I didn't enjoy it very much at all
Keep playing. It seems to be a dissapointment for most people when they first play, but if you just continue long enough to get the hang of it, you'll think about it alot differently.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vanu sniper rifles definatly have bullet drop, but significantly less. Still for extreme shots you're going to have to compensate.
That said with increased bullet velocity the fastest vanu sniper rifle's bullet drop is all but neglible.
I think the same applies to the damage drop off, faster bullet less dropoff. I could be mistaken though.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

VS has no bullet drop on any gun except the bolt action sniper rifle. Having no bullet drop on that would be amazingly good, so they made an exception for it. At least as far as I've heard.

The default sniper rifle isn't bolt action, and it drops also.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason I've lost enough performance in this game that it's nearly unplayable. For a while, I thought it was Amerish, because since I'd gone over there, things just slowed to a crawl anytime I was in a battle, or near a big facility. Esamir never gave me that problem. But then I went back to Indar last night and things were still jerky just at the warp gate. I'll try Esamir againt today. Perhaps its snowy whiteness just meshes well with my old computer hardware and I'll be stuck playing there. (With VS having that continent locked down most of the time...)

On the bright side, I did manage to get a few good kills in a lightning while part of a squad convoy last night, while on Amerish. Finished off a prowler. A couple of sunderers, a few infantry before finally getting killed by a liberator. Even that, I was shooting close enough with the stock gun to chase it off a few times, never hit, but probably scared them just a bit. Soon as I turned my back though, they found a good angle and I couldn't touch them.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I normally play at 62-65FPS but this weekend has brought me down to a harsh 25-40fps which I think correlates to high population for the bonus xp event.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

I've had to lower my settings so that I can actually fight. It's pretty rough, 'cause now I don't get the pretty shafts of light through trees effect when the sun's setting. :(
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

The easiest way to get more FPS, it seems, is to lower the Render Quality slider.  I have mine at 75%, and terrain and texture quality turned way down.

Just went and turned them down even more.  Good framerate makes such a huge difference in gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:57:26 pm by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The default sniper rifle isn't bolt action, and it drops also.

I believe that they added bullet drop to the VS snipers (for obvious reasons), but in all other cases it wouldn't make sense to give them both bullet drop and damage dropoff at range; the latter was meant to counter the former.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Does anyone use MAX any more?  I played the hell out of the Scattercannon NC MAX in PS1, but hardly anyone mentions them here...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:18:27 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MAX is great for 2 things right now.

1) It makes the best AA in the game right now with dual bursters

2) x2 scatter cannons are great when you finally drop the enemy base shield and run in to mop up.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The easiest way to get more FPS, it seems, is to lower the Render Quality slider.  I have mine at 75%, and terrain and texture quality turned way down.

Just went and turned them down even more.  Good framerate makes such a huge difference in gameplay.

I actually found, weirdly enough, that cranking all settings up to max using useroptions.ini got me more fps. It kind of makes sense if it pushes some stuff onto the GPU and frees the CPU up to process all the movements of other players.

So if you have a good GPU, try increasing your graphics settings, it's definitely worth a shot.
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 826