Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082363 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The southern one on the other hand is bugged, being destroyed and irreperable. The same is true of the AT turrets
Probably they got destroyed after an infiltrator hacked them, last I checked they remained on whatever team they were hacked to when they died, so an engineer of the team that actually owned the base can't repair it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The southern one on the other hand is bugged, being destroyed and irreperable. The same is true of the AT turrets
Probably they got destroyed after an infiltrator hacked them, last I checked they remained on whatever team they were hacked to when they died, so an engineer of the team that actually owned the base can't repair it.
This, IIRC. It's one of the easier ways to cripple a base if it isn't being watched carefully.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'll have to remember that...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hacking turrets and getting them destroyed is one of my favorite ways to sabotage a base. It really makes a big difference if allied air forces can just swoop in without fear of AA.
Asides from burster maxes of course, man has there been a lot of bursters lately. I often can't leave the landing pads for five seconds before getting seriously damaged by a burster, spending more time on the ground repairing then in the air sometimes.

Also if there was still any doubt about it I can verify that anti tank mines are amazing, definatly worth the 100 certs. Put them on often used roads for easy kills, can be used as improvised C4 on deployed sunderers. Just amazing all around.
I still need to figure out just how much it takes to take down each of the three vehicles though, I think lightnings go down with one mine but sunderers seem to require two, I've no idea how much heavy armor needs. I guess placing two mines in proximity should do the trick.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

The AA bundle did wonders. I remember being on one of the tower bases (don't know wich one) and there were a few fighters flying around. Cue 3 dual    burster MAXs, including me.

Another thing that happened yesterday: I was fighting on the bridge of... I think it was Saerro Listening Post or something like that. I had a 4-person killstreak (people, not vehicles or MAXs) with only my rocket launcher.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God damn it I think I'll just start shooting down aircraft flying to close to me, so sick and tired of getting crashed into by complete idiots.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

This, IIRC. It's one of the easier ways to cripple a base if it isn't being watched carefully.

I'm fairly sure that this was supposed to have been fixed, they revert to the control of the faction that controls the facility after a short while following being destroyed. It may be that some are bugged and are not reverting properly.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile

Do they revert upon cap or successful defend at least?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Do they revert upon cap or successful defend at least?
This is what I had always assumed, barring an infiltrator on the defensive team rehacking them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Idranel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, as far as I'm aware, no C4 for Infiltrators. Engineers, Light Assault and Medics can carry it.

Heavies, too, but they've already got rockets so it's not too common to see them using it.

During the beta, one of my favorite tactics as a HA was to stick a block of C4 on the rear of inattentive tanks, back up a bit and put a rocket into their rear armour then detonate the C4. If you detonate first, they will realize they are under attack and may have turned/moved off so it would be more difficult to put the rocket directly into the back. The combo usually finishes them off outright, or leaves them on such low health that you can kill them with a rocket hit anywhere or even with your LMG.

As engineer you just deploy 2 tank mines right under that tank and start running, quickly.
They are also pretty neat for removing deployed sunderers while nobody is looking.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

SHIT'S WORKING

SaintToaster ToasterTheAwesome on Mattheson as NC.  Send me an Outfit invite if you're able in the next hour or so, please.

(Damn, can't remember my own name)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 01:20:21 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They are also pretty neat for removing deployed sunderers while nobody is looking.
And when everybody is looking too for that matter. I don't know how many times I've ran past a bunch of enemies, into the big pile that spawn at the sunderer and still manage to blow it up.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Is the zephyr worth it (for the lib?)?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Zephyr 105mm is the fastest way to get a gunner in your Lib. It also gives a competent gunner a chance for a bazillion certs an hour.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 826