Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1082338 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5955 on: February 12, 2013, 10:10:02 am »

If anyone has an account set up on the PS2 forums, someone over there just made a suggestion that could use some love.  :P

I dunno, this doesn't seem really appropriate for a theme song.

I think it'd be better if a NC/TR infil hacks a VS terminal, then not only does it change teams, but it also starts blaring out the song. Any VS nearby will suffer the double humiliation of not being able to spawn tanks, and having to listen to the entire song while they wait to be able to spawn tanks.

Furthermore, if a infiltrator hacks several terminals in close proximity, then they'll each start playing the song at separate times, overlapping one another and creating one big Okay To Be Gay cacophony.
I think you're confusing 'having' with 'getting'. That aside, how would it not be better than the forgettable techno-esque crap we have now? Joking aside, drop the lyrics and you'd have a pretty solid base for all our different themes. Our theme should be either upbeat and vaguely electronic, or depressing and transhumanistic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: February 12, 2013, 12:24:10 pm »

Just had an awesome run with a TAS platoon. We generally kicked ass. And you can't go wrong when your platoon leader has a vaguely British accent.

One of the most hilarious things you can have happen is sliding down a hill with a sundie, while there's another sundie at the base of that hill and an enemy base your faction is trying to cap on top. Several faction members went splat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:01 pm »

I had a very satisfying moment last night.  Some idiot hopped into my Magrider topgun and thought it'd be cute to constantly fire shots near another Magrider that happened to be travelling with us (we travel in packs, natch) as we headed for a hotspot, and of course he accidentally hits him at one point and the other irritated Magrider turned and shot me with the maingun in retaliation.

Frustrated, I remembered Vehicle options... can I boot a guy from a vehicle?  Why hell YES I can.  Kick the guy from vehicle, lock the vehicle, turn around, and there's the little schmuck.  Conveniently running right for me, presumably to hop back in!  One Magboost later, I had a new fender ornament and the most satisfying TK ever.

So next time you guys get a jerk for a vehicle mate, try Vehicle Options (Pg Down), and look for I think the little red x next to your passengers.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:54 pm »

Speaking of cool things you can do with a magrider...
There's another, much more amusing video of some people spending a long time trying and failing to do that.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: February 12, 2013, 08:32:06 pm »

Just had an awesome run with a TAS platoon. We generally kicked ass. And you can't go wrong when your platoon leader has a vaguely British accent.

I've rolled with both them and TENC- both good guys.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:30 pm »

Had a nice satisfying session with my outfit tonight. Saw:

1. Two of our squad Gals crash into a cliff face while fully loaded.
2. TE retreating multiple times.
3. TE returning to the fight with twice the numbers; their drop looked like an orbital strike. 8+ pods in the air at all times for a solid 10-12 seconds.
4. Got a shitload of certs. At one point I was just crouched in a good position holding down the trigger on my SVA, and damned near every shot in every battery found a mark, because there was a solid wall of TE flesh and Max.
5. In case you hadn't already noticed (most of you are Mattherson, so you bloody well should have), TE adheres to the doctrine of 'quantity = quality'.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: February 13, 2013, 02:03:00 am »

Had a nice satisfying session with my outfit tonight. Saw:

1. Two of our squad Gals crash into a cliff face while fully loaded.
2. TE retreating multiple times.
3. TE returning to the fight with twice the numbers; their drop looked like an orbital strike. 8+ pods in the air at all times for a solid 10-12 seconds.
4. Got a shitload of certs. At one point I was just crouched in a good position holding down the trigger on my SVA, and damned near every shot in every battery found a mark, because there was a solid wall of TE flesh and Max.
5. In case you hadn't already noticed (most of you are Mattherson, so you bloody well should have), TE adheres to the doctrine of 'quantity = quality'.  :P
Was it Enclave or AoD? Hate the fact that those two massive outfits always seem to take their huge amounts against singular targets, leaving the rest of us to defend everything else.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: February 13, 2013, 02:12:04 am »

Hehehe, was doing more guerrilla tactics against a moderately sized attack in The Stronghold. It was just me, along with about half a dozen enemies capping the place. I waited just long enough for them to get complacent, then went in to c4 the flag room. Right at the door, crouched in a corner with the door out of his sight, was a max. Toss. BOOM. Dead max. After being chased around a bit a racking up a few more kills, I stayed back and waited for them to become complacent again. Ran into the capture room; in the middle of the room were 2 infantry; one crouched behind cover, the other standing, both next to the point. Kept running in. Despite one of them looking directly at me the entire time, I managed to run across the entire half a room, toss c4 behind their cover, then turn around and start running back while detonating said c4 without being shot at. The max is drawn in by it, and he run up to me; I easily shoot him to death (they had someone res him after I killed him, but apparently no one to repair the actual damage). A light assault takes me out, but then goes down when I get back. And so that's how I took out all 4 capping the point as their victory music was playing. :P

Granted, their counter-attack took me out and capped the zone, but still.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: February 13, 2013, 04:14:05 am »

Concerning the magriders (and tanks in general), I hate finding a mag with a Saron only to get denied the access to the gun. I generally stand on the thing and ask. Some tell me "sorry, waiting for a friend". To those, I apologize and go away. Most tell nothing and often go in battle without gunner. Infuriating. One even used the taunt when I asked access. I did not liked it.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: February 13, 2013, 07:42:48 am »

Given that the average person who jumps in someone else's turret just wastes all the ammo on the nearest rock, it's pretty understandable. The locking it that is, not the being a dick.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:47:05 am by Mini »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:58 am »

I wouldn't really care for it on my vanguards. I generally suck at vanguards and never get to shoot anything. I'm really more of an infantry guy. Playing infantry is most certainly my favorite. I get bored and suck at tanks/sundies, and I can't do shit except suicide runs in planes. Altough the lightning is pretty nice sometimes. I prefer it over the vanguard. That moment when there's a bunch of people in the middle of the road and they just keep reviving without shooting back...

Also, dat moment when you retreat to an amp station that's under attack, put 2 tank mines in a bush near one of the towers and get 2 certs for a sundie kill a bit later.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: February 13, 2013, 10:09:31 am »

Another hotfix has come out. As well as bringing back lock on indicators for vehicles and a visual effect for invulnerability, a MANA Anti-Vehicle turret is up for grabs. Linky.

EDIT: Incidentally, my game is now broken. Can't get past the first loading screen. :P

EDIT 2: Derp. Servers still down for the patch.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:26:41 am by Spaghetti7 »
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: February 13, 2013, 10:20:45 am »

A non-useless engie turret? (well, except for parkour)

YES, YES!

I'm going to have some fun with this until they nerf it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:26:50 am by miauw62 »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5969 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:06 am »

It costs 1000 certs though.

Why is it that every single new item must absolutely without any exception cost 1000 certs and 700 SC? >:(
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 826