Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1085701 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10485 on: May 25, 2014, 09:58:44 am »

My favorite thing to do as a pseudo-sniper is taking a low-zoom bolt action and counter-sniping.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: May 25, 2014, 10:05:31 am »

If a cloaked guy kills me one time you can bet I'll be back looking for them. Smart ones will find another place to hide, the rest get hunted down.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: May 25, 2014, 10:10:37 am »

At least that one guy came back and blasted you.  But all's fair in love and war!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: May 25, 2014, 10:59:30 pm »

Tried to play this game once. Chose sniper, saw an enemy chillin' out on top of the spire of of some fortress or other. Hit him four times with my gun, twice in the head, twice in the chest. He didn't die. Turned to me, fired with his assault rifle for like 1 second from a range I had trouble sniping at, killed me just like that.

In what world is an assault rifle better at doing what a sniper is supposed to do?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: May 25, 2014, 11:23:24 pm »

Were you using a semi-auto sniper rifle?

Those are terrible. Also, some assault rifles are really accurate. It's not impossible to accurately put down a bunch of fire at range, particularly if it's any 167 damage tier gun.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10490 on: May 25, 2014, 11:55:24 pm »

At least that one guy came back and blasted you.  But all's fair in love and war!

tbh that was my fault. I could have got him again, but I got greedy and tried to shoot him instead of waiting for him to spawn a vehicle or letting him go.

Body-shots deal practically no damage to people with nanoweave armor, especially arm or leg ones. Also, if you are too far away your damage falls off, and assault rifles are already known to be super accurate especially with 3.4x scopes like I use. :P If he was a light assault, he probably had a super accurate no recoil gun.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: May 26, 2014, 12:34:12 am »

Tried to play this game once. Chose sniper, saw an enemy chillin' out on top of the spire of of some fortress or other. Hit him four times with my gun, twice in the head, twice in the chest. He didn't die. Turned to me, fired with his assault rifle for like 1 second from a range I had trouble sniping at, killed me just like that.

In what world is an assault rifle better at doing what a sniper is supposed to do?
If he was purple, they dont get bullet drop.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: May 26, 2014, 02:40:59 am »

If he was purple, they dont get bullet drop.

I'm guessing that he:
1. Wasn't at a very far range (ARs are very viable up to 100m)
2. Didn't know that you can steady are Sniper Rifle with "shift"
3. Didn't hit all shot he thought he did. (The lowest damage default sniper is the VS's Spectre with 260 damage@200m, 4 shots to kill)
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: May 26, 2014, 02:51:08 am »

His target could have been getting healed (or even just shield regen, if the shots were spaced far enough apart) or could have been a shielded heavy (although those don't get ARs, so that part would have to have been mistaken)...

Meanwhile an experienced player definitely can burst down an infiltrator from range in an instant, provided they get a few headshots.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: May 26, 2014, 05:13:34 am »

Or he mistook the la1 anchor for an assault rifle

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: May 26, 2014, 09:08:53 am »

I hear A-Tross is devastating at long range.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: May 31, 2014, 06:55:49 am »

Wouldn't this game be retarded if there was literally nothing to stop people from zerging to their heart's content?

Because SOE are doing spawn experiments on Connery (and Mattherson I think?) that allows anybody on a continent to spawn on any deployed sunderer on the entire continent.

I tried playing and getting a few kills for a few hours just now, but it turns out that the only thing going on was huge zergs avoiding each other.

This is the stupidest Planetside has been in recent memory.

I don't even get it. Being a zergling is crap for getting certs.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10497 on: May 31, 2014, 07:01:49 am »

on Briggs, there are no good fights. It's all either the 46% pop NC zerging everything, or enemies spamming from fortified cliffs.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: May 31, 2014, 07:24:51 am »

Am I the only one who likes zerging now and then? Foot zergs running to an enemy base feel kind of epic to me.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: May 31, 2014, 07:28:54 am »

Am I the only one who likes zerging now and then? Foot zergs running to an enemy base feel kind of epic to me.
They're the only epic zergs IMO.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 826