Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2124589 times)

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #4065 on: March 20, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

note-to-self: always use a magma-proof floodgate when making a moat LOL!

tree-puncher423

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: March 20, 2011, 06:07:33 pm »

note-to-self: always use a magma-proof floodgate when making a moat LOL!
wait i got another! having a miasma buildup in the mine because your idiot jewler dwarf stuffed a rotting water buffalo corpse into a garbage dump used to get rid of waste stone and clay... stupid little green smiley -_-

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: March 20, 2011, 08:41:23 pm »

Try not to double post, mate. It spams the thread and irritates the other members.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

daishi5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: March 20, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »

When building an emergency fortress flooding device, build the floodgates that keep the water contained until the right time, the all clear drainage system, and the bridges used to seal your emergency shelter before completing the pumping system that floods the fortress. 

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:14 am »

Arg... I've been trying to place a trap for a while now... but for some reason there is this single sock sitting there... can't build the trap with that sock the way... nope.  I try dumping the sock, but it sits there mocking me. I hate you sock.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: March 21, 2011, 10:38:20 am »

Arg... I've been trying to place a trap for a while now... but for some reason there is this single sock sitting there... can't build the trap with that sock the way... nope.  I try dumping the sock, but it sits there mocking me. I hate you sock.

Is the sock outside? I always have problems dumping things that are outside.

bobhayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: March 21, 2011, 10:48:01 am »

One of your dwarves owns it. If s/he's alive, you can try giving all your dwarves cabinets in their bedrooms, and s/he MIGHT eventually come for it. But probably not.

Best way is to channel out the tile and let the problem drop a level. You can build a floor on the hole and then build your trap on the floor.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: March 21, 2011, 11:38:14 am »

Urist McDwarf has been unhappy lately. He lost a sock to tragedy recently.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: March 21, 2011, 12:20:50 pm »

One of your dwarves owns it. If s/he's alive, you can try giving all your dwarves cabinets in their bedrooms, and s/he MIGHT eventually come for it. But probably not.

Best way is to channel out the tile and let the problem drop a level. You can build a floor on the hole and then build your trap on the floor.

...This is exactly what the problem is. A dwarf claims he owns the darn thing. Well... at least I know why. Thanks.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Zyuta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: March 21, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »

Never looked at any tutorials until I was fed up at the annoying gameplay. I tried building a early wall from rocksalt. Oh yeah, you can build a wall out of something like that. Perfect sense. I was digging a moat and suddenly I discover a cavern! You know whats in the cavern? A forgotten beast. Which for whatever reason was magma proof because magma started flooding into my moat. Oh did I mention that the forgotten beast could breathe fire, fly, do critical hits on every attack, AND know where all my dwarves are?

... On another note it would be nice if somebody explained to me how I'm supposed to change my view up/down a z layer.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: March 21, 2011, 05:21:56 pm »

Up and down are '<' and '>'.
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Lord Braindead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: March 21, 2011, 08:17:08 pm »

Just found a human in my worldgen with over 600 kills, half of that elves. Wanted to write a little story about her but I accidentally genned the world with culling turned on. Attempts to regen failed miserably.

Damn modding habit...

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: March 22, 2011, 11:19:28 am »

I finally opened the caverns ... at level -50. Turns out I dug one stone square next to it for about twenty levels while trying to find it. Ugh. Well at least I have cavern floor at level -50 and I can now search for water ... I hope I won't find the magma sea before that !

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: March 22, 2011, 03:33:48 pm »

Farming lots of Dimple Cups, because for some reason I thought they could be used for wood.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: March 22, 2011, 04:12:49 pm »

Farming lots of Dimple Cups, because for some reason I thought they could be used for wood.
...hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
sorry I LMAO
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 729