Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Army Arc Community Game Idea  (Read 567 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Army Arc Community Game Idea
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:37:04 pm »

First of all, the idea would be somewhat far future, whenever armies can be controlled during the Arc. Anyways, my idea was that when this happens, you could have community games in which you try to capture as much territory/kill as many enemies/etc. as possible. This would all start out from a common save, with all players controlling the same army/civ, though they would obviously start to branch out from there. Alternatively, you could have no set time, but a set objective to reach, like capturing a distant city or conquering another civ.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Army Arc Community Game Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:42 pm »

It's a cool idea, but for now that's all it is, really - an idea.

Though you can make something similar on a smaller scale with groups of adventurers rather than full-blown armies...

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:12 pm »

Yes, Army Arc is probably 5-10 years future. And I suppose the adventure thing might work.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:02:35 pm »

You could make some sort of high scores for how many sites a single adventurer controls. Doesn't even need to be from the same world.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:13:21 pm »

Yes, Army Arc is probably 5-10 years future. And I suppose the adventure thing might work.

Army arc is already here. There are literally armies walking around the map now. All invaders actually walk from other areas in an army, same as caravans and outpost liasons (I have actually had liasons not show up already--probably due to getting waylaid somehow).

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 01:25:25 am »

Army arc is already here. There are literally armies walking around the map now. All invaders actually walk from other areas in an army, same as caravans and outpost liasons (I have actually had liasons not show up already--probably due to getting waylaid somehow).
Yes, I hadn't realized that yet. Anyways, I meant controllable armies, or when you can send them out.