Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 838870 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Successful Hell Colonization! (Succession Game)
« Reply #600 on: August 25, 2011, 12:35:28 pm »

No worries, we were all there once.

Just go into your df folder, go into data, open the save folder, and copy your region folder for the save.

paste it outside of the df folder for simplicity, archive it using a zip program, and upload it to the file depot. The link is on the Bay12 page. You'll need to make an account, of course.
Argh. I still don't understand. I'll give my turn for someone else, then. Succession games still sound difficult to both down- and up-load.
It's really not. It's the same as save-scumming (which I'm going to assume you don't do. Congratulations on being an honest dwarf!), plus uploading/downloading the save from the DF File Depot.
Is your trouble the online upload/download part? or is it the "how to find the save in the DF folders"?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:14 pm »

No, I don't save-scum. And thank you.

And my trouble is uploading the save to DFFD. And posting a link to it.

What would happen if someone just downloaded the save and played it for themselves?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 26, 2011, 12:00:52 am »

No, I don't save-scum. And thank you.

And my trouble is uploading the save to DFFD. And posting a link to it.
You're most welcome. It's cool to see people playing that part of the game in the spirit it is intended. It's a hard temptation.

The upload part involves having an account in the DFFD - then you get options for uploading things (in the top buttons, next to "search"). Clicking on that brings up the upload screen. Have a compressed file version of your save folder ready to upload.

What would happen if someone just downloaded the save and played it for themselves?

Then they would split the time space-time-contiuum, creating a branched universe all of their own.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 26, 2011, 03:18:45 pm »

Then they would split the time space-time-contiuum, creating a branched universe all of their own.
Is that a good thing?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 26, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »

Is that a good thing?

It means you get to play around in your own version of the hell-fortress, so I guess good?
[/quote]

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 26, 2011, 03:38:50 pm »

Is that a good thing?

It means you get to play around in your own version of the hell-fortress, so I guess good?
Sweet!!! I get to see what Hell is like for the first time! Yes, I'm still quite new. And when I said I get to see what Hell is like, I mean both the place and what the inhabitants try to give me. This is gonna be both fun and !!FUN!!.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 26, 2011, 04:09:16 pm »

Well, it should be noted that, as is, deathgate is pretty secure. The initial rush from the underworld was defeated some time ago, and demons in hell will only atack if a suitable victim is close enough. So strictly speaking, considering the bunker, you probably won't really get the 'hell' experience.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 26, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »

Are you actually in the demonic fortress, and are you beyond the lowest level?

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 30, 2011, 12:50:26 am »

Still waiting on scaliper.

Honestly we've hit a major snag here.  So many skipped turns in such a short time!
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Eoganachta

• Bay Watcher
  • The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 30, 2011, 01:38:39 am »

Still waiting on scaliper.

Honestly we've hit a major snag here.  So many skipped turns in such a short time!

Arh! I would so take a turn but I've got so many exams and assignments to do I'm considering yelling at someone in charge just to feel better.  :'(
I'll be a few weeks until I've got any time so I can't make any promises. We must feast on plump HELLmets!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Giant Cave Spider Wagons. Where are your Gods now Goblins?
This minecart has more kills then every other weapon in the mountainhomes.
Quote from: Broken
every place i go ends covered in vomit
Quote from: Karnewarrior
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 30, 2011, 05:44:15 am »

the main problem is the hatchery. any new oversear would need a pritty good computer and to destroy the nest box's as well as kill off a large amount of the animals. Or use DF liquids to spawn 1/7 depth magma on all the tiles in that room and lock the door.

eather way, without sorting some fps issues, youll not get many people who are even able to run the thing.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2011, 04:25:12 am »

Well, I suppose I could take a turn to purge the fort of any and all lag causing parts (and maybe a few dwarves...).  A little Dwarven Inquisition might be good for Deathgate.
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

Narqulie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2011, 06:11:26 am »

Please do so we can get the regular rotations rolling along again!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2011, 06:52:58 am »

Year 764, Fourth of Granite,
Private Record of the Prophet, Herald of Armok

I have arrived at the fortress known to outsiders as Deathgate, the one that we have named the Crucible.  I, the Herald of Armok, have been tasked by the High Father to conduct a sacred ritual for our Lord here.  This land has seen untold bloodshed, as it is here that our heathen brothers pierced the burning hells and unknowingly gave offerings to Armok.  The tribunal has taken the reconquest of hell as a sign that the times are changing and that our Lord will return to this realm.  But before his return can be assured, the crucible must be prepared for him.  A ritual is required.  To this end, I have incapacitated the current overseer, one dwarf named Narquille, and taken the fortress for my Lord.

I expected resistance to my sudden coup, however I am surprised when the residents accept me as their new leader without any complaints.  Apparently, in Deathgate, each overseer only lasts around a year before being deposed, stepping down, or going batshit insane and the previous overseer had overstayed his welcome after half a year.  None the matter, this only makes my job easier.

After a few hours of exploring the fortress, I determined my first course of action. 

KILL ALL THESE GOD DAMN ANIMALS!

Armok damn it!  There's a ton of animals here.  Almost 500 of them!  They've not even in cages!  There roaming the halls, sleeping in the dining room, shitting in the kitchen, eating old socks, disgusting!  Armok hates these damned creatures and so do I but apparently these cocksuckers have some kinda hippy commune going on in here if all these animals are any indication.  My first act as overseer is to order every last animal in Deathgate put to death.  If any of these hippy bastards have an issue with it, I'll shave their beards off and weave them into toilet paper for my hairy, dwarven ass!

There shall be Blood for the Blood God!

(Right so, 28 pages of animals.  I'm going to kill them all.  Any suggestions on the dwarfiest way possible?  Atom Smasher? Lava Bath?  Pitting them into hell?  Forcing them into a tiny room to do battle with one another?)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2011, 06:57:51 am »

Throw them into hell, they might actually kill demons through sheer number.  I
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 175