Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119]

Author Topic: What's going on in your modding?  (Read 253972 times)

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your modding?
« Reply #1770 on: May 03, 2024, 02:14:42 am »

The only way to say whether the mod deserves the condemnation from your ancestors is if you show it to us.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 03, 2024, 08:04:30 pm »

Citizen. Surrender your intellectual property for JUDGEMENT immediately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 03, 2024, 08:11:48 pm »

OKAY OKAY

I deleted it. So no raws.

It was giant walking dongs everywhere. Like, whale-sized. All biomes. Cluster size 20-30. Frequency 100. Population number 100. They walked with their geldables. They were evil and attacked everything.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 03, 2024, 08:17:44 pm »

Sounds like a sausage party

Was their only predator the dreaded titanic vulva slug? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 03, 2024, 08:19:01 pm »

Sounds like a sausage party

Was their only predator the dreaded titanic vulva slug? :P

No.

But do you know the worst part?

They had lust at 100:100:100
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 04, 2024, 01:05:08 am »

It was giant walking dongs everywhere. Like, whale-sized. All biomes. Cluster size 20-30. Frequency 100. Population number 100. They walked with their geldables. They were evil and attacked everything.

I, for one, approve of this and absolve you of your sins.

However,

This is a travesty and you must cleanse yourself with ‼MAGMA‼

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: May 04, 2024, 02:07:12 am »

That sounds like a beautiful and hilarious mod.

This right here is the sin your ancestors were up set about.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TurboDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pangolins are kind of dwarfy, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 04, 2024, 03:31:19 am »

To be fair, this what some people think of men as. Were their attacks slappy or stabby?
But i agree with the others, the real sin was deleting the raws. A hard loss for all.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 04, 2024, 04:49:21 am »

Were their attacks slappy or stabby?

The Giant Dong slaps Urist McDwarf in the head with his shaft, and the part is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass!
Urist McDwarf is propelled by the force of the blow!
Urist McDwarf is knocked unconscious!
Urist McDwarf has been found dead, badly crushed.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 04, 2024, 04:55:04 am »

Were their attacks slappy or stabby?

Slappy.

This is a travesty and you must cleanse yourself with ‼MAGMA‼

As if that would work? I mean, look at me.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 04, 2024, 12:20:03 pm »

I've been working on adding portraits for my playable coyote man mod, which has been a bit of a slog since it needs more work to tweak the human face graphics than the creature graphics required.  There's still something off and uncanny about them too so I need another pass on it.

Anyway I'm very glad for the new palette system, but holy crap there has to be a better way to specify the palettes than how it works now.  We don't have to duplicate the graphics 10 times anymore, but the config file is still thousands and thousands of lines long, repeating the same stuff over and over except for a color tag.

I also found something that's debatably a bug, or just a missing feature, but it doesn't appear to be possible for a mod to replace vanilla creature portraits.  You can replace the creature graphics using the same creature name if you cut and replace the creature, but for some reason this doesn't work for portraits.  It'll keep using the vanilla portraits, with no error in the logs.  Deleting the vanilla creature portrait config fixed it, but that's not a valid solution for a mod.

I think the only solution is to cut a creature and replace it with a new identifier.  But then you get error spam from the vanilla raws trying to add graphics for the cut creature.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 05, 2024, 04:26:11 am »

I spent literally all day converting interactions/syndromes so now Spellcrafts' magic schools now all run off of secrets instead of material syndromes. The syndromes instead give an on-self CDI that applies the secret to the target. Theoretically, this means they should be able to write them down in books, but a test fort has yielded nothing yet. Maybe because the secrets don't actually include a sphere? More importantly, it means they can be learned through multiple sources, i.e. from consuming essences, inhaling vapors, or being applied by other creatures without having duplicate spells.

Also, now all the spells are bugged and printing the user and target verb lines twice in announcements. No idea why that is. I wish I could disable the announcements in fort mode without losing them in adventure mode too. I hate that it constantly spams them as combat announcements.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 04:28:37 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 09, 2024, 02:15:38 pm »

I made an absolute dogshit mod. Just completely fucked it up.

Like. Why. Why did I make this? This is morally wrong. This is messed up. I am messed up.

I can feel the spirits of my ancestors looking down on me in disgust. I can feel Toady staring me down in disapproval.

What have I done?

Well, you certainly made my day.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119]