Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 924867 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #7890 on: August 04, 2018, 11:22:02 pm »

From a dream I had.

Basically, it was a multiplayer game with the players split into two teams. It was in 3D, but with simple-ish graphics (no textures). Every player's character is highly customizable, and special abilities require "Energy" to function. The energy is acquired by building... I don't remember the name, but it looked like a little tower with a lightning bolt on top. I'll call them generators. They automatically charged up players near them. Players could fight with customizable weapons and special abilities. There were also research buildings that could be used to unlock improved generators, turrets, etc. There was also resource mining. If you die, you go into spectator mode for the rest of the match, and the battles were to the last team standing. So, here's what I can remember of the plot of the dream (to give a hint of what the gameplay would be like):

The match started. I was what looked like a hybrid of a cat and a fighter jet that required energy to fly. I was on the red team. I was quickly building generators and telling some of my Steam friends to guard our base (It was a Steam game, presumably). Then I charged up, took off, and started shooting up the enemy with lasers. It was an exceedingly quick attack. A few passes later, I accidentally crashed into a mountain, creating an impressive crater (there's also destructible terrain!), but survived with all of my energy drained and 10% of health left. I walked back to the base and someone with a medic ability healed me up. Some of the other people went to the enemy base on foot. But the enemy researched a robot factory that produced AI-controlled robots that assaulted our base. We have researched turrets by that time. I took off and strafed the robots with... I think bombs? I had bombs. The rest were destroyed by the turrets, but not before destroying a few of our generators and killing some noob who decided to melee the whole swarm. We received the notification that the enemy has researched nukes, and launched a mass assault before they nuked us, leaving some of our guys to research nukes. A missile fell onto the mountain 4 of my teammates were on, and killed them, in the process blowing up half of the mountain. I flew to their base and found out that they only had one uranium deposit, and it was completely drained. We had 5. I was shot down by someone with a long-range sniping ability (didn't notice that I flew too close to the mushroom cloud and got damaged). I signaled it to the chat before getting killed. There was lots of fighting, trenches were dug, until eventually there were only two people left from each team. They were attempting to snipe each other from a long distance, and 2 minutes later, the red sniper managed to kill the blue one with 1% HP left. The dream ended.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7891 on: August 05, 2018, 01:49:55 am »

some noob who decided to melee the whole swarm.
Hey! Robots have a penalty to melee. If I hadn't delayed them like that then our whole base would have been overrun! I am so sick of being called a nubbins mcscrubbins for playing strategically. Sometimes heroes go splat, but all the modern games and all the modern culture are obsessed with personal glory and the thought of a team win relying upon a personal sacrifice is so abhorrent that they can't comprehend it even if it happens right in front of them! Ugh, and then everyone just ran up the hill chasing headshots from draw-distance and got nuked? Nobody thought to scavenge resourced from an entire army of killbots right outside our base? Oh, sure, there wasn't time to build a proper tank, but an A.P.C. would have been easy and would have gotten them all the cover in the world, drove right through the defences they stripped to build that army, but no! "A.P.C.s don't have guns" they all whine. "A.P.C.s don't get kills"... OF COURSE THEY DON'T! The whole point is to drive past light defences to quickly hit easy targets, but everyone would rather spend the same resources on another half metre of draw distance to snipe with...

So yeah. "noob" right back at you!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7892 on: August 05, 2018, 04:09:15 am »

Well, without MY bombs, you wouldn't have even delayed them! We midfielders get no respect.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:13:23 am by KittyTac »
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7893 on: August 05, 2018, 08:50:24 am »

I still just want more ogre battle style combat and character development, really. Extra gubbins (skill trees or summat, I'unno) would be great.

The days I wished trying to code didn't give me basically crippling headaches are myriad, 'cause every year that goes by is another one that makes me think it'll only happen if I personally do it :-\

E: Though I think the worst part of it is a fair amount of mobile games actually come close, it's just they promptly turn around when they're almost there and screw the thing over in the name of monetization. Bleh.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:53:31 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7894 on: August 08, 2018, 09:39:35 am »

A game in the metro universe where you have to set up and run one of the station towns. That's it. You're the mayor or what have you, and need to make
decisions which guide narrative outcomes, design layout, and manage resources. It would be in first person. Kind of a combo of Frostpunk/This War of Mine, with
Metro.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #7895 on: August 08, 2018, 07:46:43 pm »

I feel like that would work even outside the Metro universe, just being the overseer of an outpost in the middle of a generic zombie apocalypse sorta thing. Lot of decision making, planning, etc., but you can't be everywhere at once.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7896 on: August 08, 2018, 10:54:37 pm »

Vanguard (original) pre SONYFICATION.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7897 on: August 09, 2018, 10:24:43 am »

A game where you play as a mad scientist who creates creatures in their lab out of various bits and pieces. The creatures you create have some modelling for different functions. They need a heart, a brain, blood, lungs, etc. The quality of the pieces you get will have some impact on the capacities of the creature. Body parts from a super strong boxer would help you make a creature that is good at fighting, etc.

The game loops would be:

1. Creature creation / design.
2. Using said creatures to help you go on missions to gather more body parts by raiding cemeteries, morgues, or abductions. Gather better lab equipment, or rob places for
money to buy supplies.
- Go back to 1, make new, better creatures, or append parts onto your existing creatures in order to upgrade them.

Game Style: Possibly you could go more abstract, with raid results all occurring via text. But with more time you could maybe do more of a darkest dungeon style, or perhaps X-com exploration of levels.
Visual Style: a gothic 19th aesthetic, Shelly's Frankenstein for literary influence, decent 2D graphics
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7898 on: August 09, 2018, 02:51:28 pm »

...my first thought reading the above was "mad scientist Syndicate"  :P

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7899 on: August 09, 2018, 09:35:55 pm »

Yes, you could think of it as a squad game, with comparisons to the bio-implants of cyber punk style games. Only, this time you can mix and match whole parts. Maybe you loose one of your favorite monsters when they take a shotgun blast to the face. But you manage to win the fight over all, so you can drag away the body and recycle some of the parts.

You could also have a base building component to prepare against waves of locals armed with pitchforks and torches.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7900 on: August 09, 2018, 10:30:45 pm »

Yes, you could think of it as a squad game, with comparisons to the bio-implants of cyber punk style games. Only, this time you can mix and match whole parts. Maybe you loose one of your favorite monsters when they take a shotgun blast to the face. But you manage to win the fight over all, so you can drag away the body and recycle some of the parts.

You could also have a base building component to prepare against waves of locals armed with pitchforks and torches.
Do you want to keep your Uber monster here, and wait for the superheros to show up, or are you going to risk it and have it tear apart the bank for some more cash?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7901 on: August 09, 2018, 10:52:18 pm »

A game where you run a resistance against a fascist government. You have to develop your network of recruits very carefully, as the enemy AI is always searching for you.
Commands are not issued directly, but must be communicated via characters having meetings, or passing on coded messages. If the AI catches an individual/cell, then they
may unlock knowledge of what they know, and try and trace it back to the source. Somebody has been captured? Then you may need to quickly evacuate some individuals
that they know about. A game about paranoia, solidarity, and bravery.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7902 on: August 11, 2018, 02:52:41 am »

A game where you work as a medic in a war zone, rescuing people instead of shooting them (like World War I Medic by Toady).
Maybe the setting is semi-futuristic, so you can use "science" to explain-away and simplify numerous issues. But gothic/punk future like
the 40K universe or the 2000 AD comics, so you can get some of that grittyness.

You could be in trench systems that are under bombardment, finding wounded soldiers, conducting triage, extracting them, managing limited stocks of
resources and prioritizing who you can help. Wounded individuals could have simulated functions and detailed injuries like in Bay12 games.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7903 on: August 11, 2018, 09:38:12 am »

A game where you run a resistance against a fascist government. You have to develop your network of recruits very carefully, as the enemy AI is always searching for you.
Commands are not issued directly, but must be communicated via characters having meetings, or passing on coded messages. If the AI catches an individual/cell, then they
may unlock knowledge of what they know, and try and trace it back to the source. Somebody has been captured? Then you may need to quickly evacuate some individuals
that they know about. A game about paranoia, solidarity, and bravery.

Hmmm.... There is a resistance game set in Nazi Germany that is currently under development.

https://twitter.com/TtDoTGame

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7904 on: August 11, 2018, 05:40:14 pm »

No man's sky, but instead of the rpg / craft is a strategy game. That also magically cames with the time for me to play it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 [527] 528 529 ... 577