Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48

Author Topic: FEF: MegaMirager IC Thread Chapter 2: Shocking Debut (IC Thread)  (Read 27098 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Backstage
At Hagane's shout, most of the others gathered are visibly startled, except for Azusa and Javier. The latter simply chuckles to himself. Minako just glares at Araki for a second, looking apologetically over at Miyuki, before sighing and returning to her work.

Azusa, for her part, laughs uproariously.
"Well, shit, Araki. Yer not even performin' tonight. Save some spirit for the rest of us, huh? And don't startle Mukawa."

She walks over to Miyuki, nodding at her.
"Yeah, alright, you two go find 'im. He's probably climbed his way up somewhere or other; Blue's always liked high places. Just bring 'im back here, no rush to drag him down. And don't let Araki rattle you too much. Guy's louder than a jet engine but I promise he means well. Mostly."

At that point, a tall, broad-bodied man strolls in, white jacket over black shirt, adjusting his collar. Minako's eyes shoot up as she notices him, a tray of four coffees in his hands. The gathered members of KNIGHTMARES and Afternoon recognise him as Kazuma Nago, center of KNIGHTMARES, former lead singer of RITA...

...and of course, their combat leader as Mirage Silver.

"Hello, Kazuma," Minako utters, a small smile on her lips as she acknowledges his entry.
"Minako,", he replies, nodding back. "Men, I've come back with a pick-me-up. Where should I place yours, Minako?"
"There's only four...are you not having any yourself?"
"I'll handle myself later."
Minako purses her lips.
"Hm. I'll get mine later too, then."

Azusa conceals a snort, before turning back to Araki and Nagisa.
"You two. Mind if we take a walk for a few minutes? Gonna need to work out some of the nerves before we get out there. Maybe we'll pick up Kamisato on the way."

Meanwhile, in the line...
As Misaki and Seitaro react, they see a very hostile-looking security guard chastising what looks to be a young woman with peach-colored hair with yellow highlights, and a heart-shaped decoration in her hair. The young woman seems startled as she's glancing between the ground and the guard.

On the ground, you two notice what looks to be the exact same kind of pass you both have, a backstage ticket, and a shifty man in a blue hoodie creeping their way towards it, his face concealed by a face mask with a risque image of who appears to be Setsuna on it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 09:29:35 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile

Araki threw his arms up in frustration at everyone getting on his ass before the team leader's request.

: Sure thing, anythin' to beat the boredom. Can't stand around lookin' pretty all day.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Oh! Oh me oh my what do we have here? What do we have here? An opportunity, that’s what! Misaki rolled her shoulders and glanced at the guy near her in the line who had also turned. Oh, you noticed to, did you? She flashed a smile. It was a very cute one! And one that Miyuki, were she here, would recognize as a very dangerous sign.

She dashed forwards at a surprising speed for someone as short as her. If the creeper managed to get the pass, she fully planned to just throw her whole weight into the charge and bowl him over. If she got there fast enough or the other dude managed to get the ticket before the creeper, she’d grab him by the arm.

”Forget something? Like whose ticket belongs to who?”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Oh, I know, it just caught me off guard a little. I'll take my coffee in a moment  I'll bring Miki back first, okay?" She shifted the rest of the way through the doorway and started her climb up into the gantries. "Miki, Miki, where are you. . ." she mumbled to herself. Miyuki wrapped her arms around herself for a moment, shivering. "It's a little breezy up here, huh?"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 12:43:30 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile

Okay. No demon-thingie or something of that magnitude. Just your run-of-the-mill creep who, given the image on his mask, shouldn't be taken near any of the idols present tonight. Heck, even if it was legit his ticket, he'd be denied entry or kicked from the venue anyway with that mask. Would be a waste to let the ticket go unused. While Seitaro wasn't a delinquent himself, he had spent just enough time with those to know about a few psychological blindspots, and he has no issues using them to his advantage if he senses something stupid was going on.
After all, whom should people direct their complains at? His parents?

If anything, he was slightly surprised by the cute blondie taking initiative, even giving him a smile before sprinting.
Attagirl. Could I have fallen for her already?
Seitaro then dashes, himself just shortly behind the blondie.
Heh, as if, but thanks for the free adrenaline.

Now, while he is sprinting, he thinks about the best approach for the moment. He thought about giving the good ol' "fake tripping" to tumble across the ground and grab the ticket while rolling - not the first time he pulled that off successfully - but he is in his nicest set of clothes tonight and he'd prefer to not get it stained. Instead, Plan B, which is "fake attendance".
"Wow, I can't believe you're out there for a surprise meet & greet, Setsuna-chan!"
Seitaro knows the creep would likely not fall for it. But that isn't his goal anyway. No matter how illogical, hearing about an object - or subject - that is emotionally important for someone will always occupy them, distract them, even if just the fraction of a second as they have to process the information. To not be distracted at all would be to not be human.
Added bonus that shouting like thats draw attention to the current situation, of course.

As he makes his way towards the pass as fast as possible, to snatch it before the creep could get to it, he then remembered something about the fake attendance: It is best done when you're not intending to stay at the same spot for long, because embarassing yourself like that in public doesn't look good when you intend to interact further with the people present.
Crud.

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Momiji lets out a gruff "tsk" and followed Miyuki out the door despite the her protests. She tilted her head at Miyuki's comment of it being breezy

"It's not that bad for me. Maybe your getting a cold or something?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"It's probably nothing to worry about. Must have just been a stray gust or something." She shrugged. "I wonder how my sister is doing. She's alone tonight, so I hope she's not bored."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ctsun

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

It was only around this time that Arisu managed to distract herself from her own musings enough to notice the dwindling numbers nearby.

"My, are we growing a little slim?"

"Well, I am certain that they will return with this Miki sooner or later but, in the mean time..."

"A little extra practice would not go amiss, would it not? La-la-la♪ Staying on stand-by ♪ Till we say good-night~♪ La-la~♪"

Was she singing louder than usual? Was she taking Araki's earlier shout as a challenge?

LyfeldLesk

• Bay Watcher
  • Wandering Mercenary
    • View Profile

"You're lucky they came in with replacement coffee, Araki."

Then, walking towards the coffee tray, Abigail nods towards the trio included by the KNIGHTMARES' lead singer, Kazuma Nago.

Grasping her own neck, feeling her spine as a quiet crack was let out by her movements, Abigail seized one of the coffee cups. "Just in time, chief."

Without much of a word, Abigail moved towards her foldable chair again, tip-toeing across the pool of coffee she had left earlier as she threw a glare towards Arisu.

"Damn it. Something tells me I should've booked it with the others. Oh, well."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A few things happen very quickly.

Firstly, the guy with the Setsuna mask does, as Seitaro planned, get distracted.

Secondly, both Seitaro and Misaki lunge for him.

Thirdly, the girl being scolded by the guard turns, seeing two people lunging right behind her out of the corner of her eye.

The laws of physics draw this to an inexorable conclusion.

"Wah!"

Misaki and Seitaro bowl into each other instead of their intended target, and then also shove the poor girl over, bowling her over to the floor. The security guard yells out "What are you doing?!" as all three fall over, the girl being knocked over towards a pillar, and Misaki and Seitaro falling a short distance away from the pass.

Before both of them can react, another person in a black hoodie manages to grab the pass off the floor, patting the blue-clad thief on the shoulder and sprinting off with the pass.

The girl rubs the back of her head as she sits up.

"Ow, ow, ow...."

The security guard doesn't seem to have noticed the girl's pass getting stolen as he turns to the girl.
"You, be careful next time!"
He stalks off without a further word.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

”Ow, ow, ow…” Misaki winces a bit, getting to her feet. ”Opportunistic bastards…”

She reaches down and helps up the poor girl.

”Alright, let’s get you up…”
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 03:54:14 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SirAston

• Bay Watcher
  • Mage Lord in a Lonely Storm
    • View Profile

For the moment while he lies on the ground, Seitaro contemplates the decisions he made today. Nice clothes, styled hair, mystery ticket in the pocket. And then he decided to do actions that ultimatively result in getting dirtied and having his hair slightly ruffled.

"What a drag..."

Now, being on the ground, that isn't the worst part. He knows how to get up quickly after a fall and he's already on his feet again. Just in time to see that the thief were thieves all along and the security not noticing it. He makes a quick, subtle gesture towards the latter that he can 'shove it' out of frustration, partially to him, partially to himself. And of course, it's a duo, should have known, people rarely work solo on stuff like that. But yeah, being on the ground isn't the worst part. It is utterly failing to help someone out of a pickle. And even more so when it involves pretty ladies.
He looks to the two women involved in this mess and also offers to help the peach girl up.
"Hope that wasn't your pass on the ground, because if you lost it, it's now gone."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Ow ow ow...."
The peach-haired girl accepts the hand up, before her eyes fly open at the mention of the pass.
"Eh?!"
She immediately looks around for it in vain.
"....aw, that's just great."
She sighs, hanging her head in defeat.
"That ticket cost me so much and now I don't even have it. I was planning to use it to see if I could ask Azusa some questions for my channel...."

Meanwhile, Miyuki and Momiji head up towards the gantry area. Most of the gantries would require heading up a few more flights of stairs, down a corridor to the left of the two, to get to them.

Most people were not Tsubasa Miki.

The two of them see a young man in a white hoodie, sitting up against one of the frames holding up the stage high above the backstage area, looking out and about towards where the audience was beginning to gather. You wonder briefly about how he got up there, but you vaguely remember that, before he began working for Fire Soul, there were news reports of him being part of a parkour group. This, like many of his ventures, was only a few months before he moved on.

He doesn't seem to have noticed anything going on below, and seems to be lost in thought, his right hand in a gesture akin to a plane flying high.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Misaki looked away awkwardly.

”I was trying to get the guy who was going for it but then a different jerk went for it.” She’d done her best, right? She was under no obligation to help.

None at all.

Even if she pouted like that.

Misaki stuffed a hand into her pocket and pulled out her own pass, and then pushed it into the girl’s.

”Take this. I figure can get in anyway.”
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 04:18:13 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

rustytengo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Momijji nodded along as Miyuki talked not making to much effort to actually find Miki.
"If your worried about that why don't you just invite her? There is still more time before the concert starts you could easily get her a ticket." she asked tilting her head before noticing the target of their search "Oh found him." she said before taking a look around for something she could throw at him.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 02:52:45 pm by rustytengo »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48