Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 264

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 417690 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3180 on: April 29, 2023, 05:01:01 am »

Any thoughts on what to do about Boltspumpkin? It’s still a mess, items are scattering whenever it is loaded up.

Making a fort on top of it might work but it’s not without its own risks.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: April 29, 2023, 12:05:38 pm »

Maybe just move the exhibits to one of the neighboring settlements? Diptramples has a keep' although it's cluttered with assorted items (mostly hoarded there by me' frankly; Nom the Cheese still lurks there). Could clean it up in between turns' if the community deemed it appropriate. It would require some lore twiddling as to why the collection was relocated' but would be far more functional most likely.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: April 29, 2023, 04:44:10 pm »

Finding and hauling the items out of Bolspumpkin would be a nightmare. The fortress method could work?

Personally I don't really care that the place is a mess, but if someone tests a workable recovery method we could use it?

Maybe just move the exhibits to one of the neighboring settlements? Diptramples has a keep' although it's cluttered with assorted items (mostly hoarded there by me' frankly; Nom the Cheese still lurks there). Could clean it up in between turns' if the community deemed it appropriate. It would require some lore twiddling as to why the collection was relocated' but would be far more functional most likely.
Note that I have constructed Thiefguilds very nearby the Diptramples keep, quite a few turns ago. I have observed some strange behaviour there during my turns with inhabitants migrating from Thiefguilds to the Keep of Diptramples and Vice-versa. The two sites are having an effect on each other.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 03:01:29 am by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: April 29, 2023, 06:24:28 pm »

Finding and hauling the items out of Bolspumpkin would be a nightmare. The fortress method could work?

Personally I don't really care that the place is a mess, but if someone tests a workable recovery method we could use it?

That could be an interesting challenge for a future turn, building a new Boltspumpkin fortress.

By the way, my Museum Submission for my last turn is:

I place the crown of Moldath Mournsaints, from his brief tenure as king of The Walled Dye on an unclaimed pedestal. He lost it in Balancehammer many years ago and I hope he will be glad it is returned.

60: Anilvir Adilatir, Glorystar the Walled Dye. The artifact nickel silver crown encrusted with fire opals used by Moldath Mournsaints for his coronation as King of the Walled Dye, salvaged from Balancehammer. Submitted by the elf Tirin Nightwhisper (Kesperan).

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 01, 2023, 01:12:51 pm »

Sadly my adventure was cut short by being overburdened and thus become dingo food. I have a few posts to upload to explain what i have been up to. Been busy in fort mode. We are 8ish years off the year 1000. Was aiming for the year 1000 but when necromancers get involved with sieges I spend alot of time with single digit FPS.

Here is the save.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FVMJ336ZhsAaTeXk064ecxyd70B9mjyz/view?usp=sharing
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 01, 2023, 01:24:17 pm »

It's asking me for an account to download. Google Drive never did that before. Can you do the split archive by volumes upload on DFFD please?

Also, I hope whoever gets year 1000 makes a save for year 1001. I have saves for both year 801 and 901, it helps with the wiki and such.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 01:27:17 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 01, 2023, 01:39:00 pm »

Ah google drive setting. Should be good to download now.

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 01, 2023, 02:26:02 pm »

Yep, it's good, thanks.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 01, 2023, 03:56:42 pm »

Good luck with your turn, Broken!

It is insane to think we are nearly at 300 years of this game..

Edit: OMFG so many scorpions. One dude had 11 babies by the time he was 9 years old. Are they born pregnant??
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 04:30:10 pm by kesperan »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 01, 2023, 04:32:12 pm »

Good luck with your turn, Broken!

It is insane to think we are nearly at 300 years of this game..

Edit: OMFG so many scorpions. One dude had 11 babies by the time he was 9 years old. Are they born pregnant??
Ahaha, they are born adults which was odd, looked it up turns out they just cling on the mothers back until maturity so thats what happened. Lots of mini scorpions leaving the backs to become actual units. There is an explanation for their rather rapid growth and the decline of that population growth.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 04:35:33 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 01, 2023, 04:37:10 pm »

That sounds.. concerning.
And this is added to the already concerning recent impregnation of certain elven monarchs and the rumors that Moldath junior is receiving some form of training.

A new generation for a new millenium.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 05:05:52 pm by Bralbaard »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 01, 2023, 05:58:05 pm »

That sounds.. concerning.
And this is added to the already concerning recent impregnation of certain elven monarchs and the rumors that Moldath junior is receiving some form of training.

A new generation for a new millenium.

Very disturbing. Looking at Legends Mode it looks like the past 10 years or so at Falsetower is just one massive bark scorpion man incest orgy. There are more than 40 of them there and their family trees don't so much look like trees as they do... webs. Disgusting.

One of Tirin's children (the one with Adela Skirtfords) has gone off to become an abbot.

And if Broken has not already started their turn, here is a <500Mb version of the save uploaded to DFFD:

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16654

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 01, 2023, 06:24:27 pm »

Very disturbing. Looking at Legends Mode it looks like the past 10 years or so at Falsetower is just one massive bark scorpion man incest orgy. There are more than 40 of them there and their family trees don't so much look like trees as they do... webs. Disgusting.
Truly, horrific creatures clung to life. Foul shells of the once great bark scorpions.

Here is some interesting stuff that occured that i noted.

- Moldaths "son" in the form of a scholar visited the fort during the earlier years and instantly went to the library and is a necromancer now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- When attacking northcamp, a certain undead bear man returned to defend the site and won.
- A forgotton beast entered emotional shock, never seen that before
- King Udil of the Walled Dye despite having no combat experience and dabbling at best skills, held up well against intelligent undead.
- The Walled dye still trade Yeti Leather despite the Yeti dwindling numbers. Wonder if they will stop once they are all gone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 06:45:21 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 01, 2023, 06:35:18 pm »

- Moldaths "son" in the form of a scholar visited the fort during the earlier years and instantly went to the library and is a necromancer now.

- When attacking northcamp, a certain undead bear man returned to defend the site and won.

Yes! I had a look at LV after Dikbut's turn and Stukos had begun wandering the many player forts of Orid Xem. It was only a matter of time before he turned up at a library of necromancy. Following in his father's footsteps it seems. He has since returned to The Eternal Citadel to become its Militia Commander but when I unretired him, he seems to have replaced his artifact adamantine battle axe with a book from Ancientknowledge on the Sun and Moon....

And so the tales of the vicious bear spirit guarding the northern forests was not just an old wives tale, as Tirin thought!

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 01, 2023, 07:27:43 pm »

Well, as it turns out, just this week was my turn in a completely different succession fort, and i am a bit busy with that.

@Bralbaard , go ahead and take this turn, i will take the next if that's fine for you.

Arcturus is still alive?!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 07:33:14 pm by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 264