Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 264

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 417656 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3285 on: June 02, 2023, 06:44:48 pm »

In my experience, items which are displayed on constructed pedestals don’t seem to scatter.

Making a fort over the museum is not something to be considered lightly. If the site crashes it’s game over.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: June 06, 2023, 01:43:42 pm »

Here's the save.

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16740

Good news: I copy-pasted the raws from Unraveller's last turn and I could embark as a human again. The same bugs remained, but enhanced: I only received blighted thrall migrants and some of them insta-crashed the game. I restarted the "migrant event" about 7 times and each time I only received headless, bodyless blighted thralls of which some could actually run around and attack my humans. Another issue is that I appear to be unable to settle Lurker in player made forts, though that might be related to him being undead. I am once again grateful for Bakturrakbin's existence, it's a great home away from home.

Before I archived, I once again replaced the raws with Unraveller's and tested it on a throw away save, which didn't crash, so things should be good.

Good luck Maloy. And put me for another turn please, Bralbaard.
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: June 06, 2023, 02:59:00 pm »

Since we are into the second millenium now, I thought it would be good to post an up to date version of the population graphs:

50% of the kobold population has perished during Lurker's turn.
We are down to 10 kobolds!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: June 06, 2023, 07:01:35 pm »

I only killed one single kobold though. :o And I remember being ambushed by and killing some animal men, but it doesn't register in Legends Mode. It might be the part where I killed a different elf, then had a crash for some reason. I can also report that during fortress mode as the dwarven races, I have had no crashes or issues, so it's pretty stable on that part. I reclaimed Shadmalzuglar, the former capital of Malladang which had fell into demonic hands since Adilatírans dug too deep in year 101, and it felt more of a slog than Ilrallenod. Maybe because I started from the beginning, maybe for other factors that I can't understand. It took me two in-game years just to haul everything to the relative surface. Also the filthy gobs seem to have removed the beds (or they crumbled to dust?) since they conquered the place, and left the 2x2 rooms filled with clothes that I'm not sure I managed to clear before I retired the place.

Speaking of stats, I might as well give the half-year report for the Orid Xem tops (raw data view). I was planning to do this monthly, but there's not much movement in the data to warrant me basically saying the same thing every month.

In the most linked civilizations, not much movement. Adilatír remains by far the most linked with almost 250 links, while Omon Obin is behind at about 180 links. Mong Uthros and Ribiromimi have taken head positions at about 10 links Nusmzolak in front of Quogubpesor‏‎ and Stragdamsto, and Malladang is bringing up the rear; considering the many massacres the goblin civilization has done through history, I don't think it'll be bumped out.

Most linked people remain Moldath, Bralbaard, Avolition and Oddom. Moldath has 110 links and Bralbaard has some over 80; against my expectation, Avolition is really not catching at only above 70 links as I expected him to gain more ground; Oddom remains constant as once again she was an important historical figure and more to the point, she arrived after many a settlement's conquest and raised the corpses of the freshly fallen. Hannibal has jumped to 5th place, unsurprisingly considering he exists in many a blighted killer's history for being the precursor of their maddened existence. The rocs Ricote and Calovi also remain constant, and it also surprises me that Islas is once again not in this top; Ricote has overtaken Lurker Onecbehal, whose gradual fall from the top was unsurprising to me, since he died a long time ago. Metuganra Pewtha (Lonelythrall) is also surprisingly hanging on there, which is once again a testament to his actions since he hasn't been active since before the 720s. Bringing up the rear is Kanil Xemisdi, a chosen necromancer that did not survive into the Age of the Museum, but which has interested me greatly. Special mentions to those just behind the top, including Jas, Raki, Lurker Wogeathis (my current character) and Cog (the destroyer of Dalzatčzum), Islas (the first roc, who continues to threaten, but not yet impose himself in the top), Galka Linarad‏‎, Iden the Bandit King, Asmel the last natural vampire and Kothvir.

The battle of the Gods is starting to mirror their actual influence in Orid Xem, with Avuz taking the first place, followed by Ala, Bikdá, Erib Ugosh and Mata Koseńor. After them come the Adilatírans deities Uzol, An Koshosh Anban and Tithleth. Loli Kejeligir of Omon Obin is the 9th and Kezat‏‎ of the same dwarven pantheon is the 10th. Gopet is left out, but he might make a comeback. It is a surprise that Cacame too is not in that list, though definitely it won't be the last we heard of the elven force. Avuz by far dominates the Adilatíran pantheon at the least, probably because of her powerful religions and though she's probably nowhere near as influential as Ala world-wide, she's taken the lead because Adilatír is the civilization closer tied to adventurers, as those retiring in Boltspumpkin have ascended to Adilatíran nobility.

Of the dynasties there's not much to say, as I haven't focused on them and those I do will rise to the top and remain there until I focus on other dynasties. House Anthad is the 3rd in that top.

That's about it. Next report will hopefully be in the New Year.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 07:29:38 pm by Lurker Z »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: June 06, 2023, 08:15:23 pm »

How are you scoring the gods? Number of events? Related historical figures?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: June 06, 2023, 08:55:58 pm »

Everything is sourced from this page. It's very arbitrary. But I find it interesting that the Gods' ranks on the wiki are starting to line up to the influence I assume they have in Orid Xem. There are a lot of Adilatír Gods because I made a lot of articles about Adilatír creatures (mostly Kings and nobles). A more objective view could be seen here, where I scored the top 10 religions by number of events. Cacame doesn't have a religion, but considering there are over 3000 historical figure elves, it should be in the top 6 worshiped throughout history alongside Ala, Mata, Avuz, Bikdá and Loli. Of the six, Avuz and Ala are also the Gods that I've seen crossover in other races. Though honestly, I have my doubts about Loli. I have no idea how he scored both in top 10 eventful religions and is top 10 linked. It might be that Omon Obin rulers worshiped him, and that I made many articles on Omon Obin creatures too. My guestimate is that Ala dominates on number of worshipers by a landslide and as 4 of the 10 top religions are Ala worshipers, that seems to confirm it to me.

Edit: Mata also infiltrated goblin society, and it's interesting that of all the Gods, she belongs to a rump state but somehow managed to spread outside her civilization. Ala also infiltrated goblin society, but took a large score of the elves originally worshiping Cacame. Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen an elf worship anything other than Cacame or Ala. I wonder what's that about. Did Ala worship crush all other deities or is it something about Ala that is attractive to the elves?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 08:59:47 pm by Lurker Z »

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: June 07, 2023, 02:24:48 am »

On my brief browse of Legends Viewer I can see there is a new Queen of The Walled Dye for the new millennium, but she doesn’t appear to have travelled to Treatyseed, perhaps because she is trapped underwater in Lurker’s crazy fort to the far north west.

Have fun with your turn Maloy!

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: June 07, 2023, 05:27:33 am »

I was actually worried about that. The old King not dying, not a new Monarch appearing in that fort. Well, once she dies, the capital will move to wherever it wills, so that's interesting. I thought I accidentally gave the old King immortality since he had some secret showing up in Legends Viewer. I did take over Treatyseed at one time and he was still running around, so it's curious how he died. It's great that you noticed, kesperan.

Edit: 1000-05-04 In 1000, midsummer, (4th of Malachite) Udil succumbed to infection in Treatyseed.

Uh, what? I have no idea how that happened. Also, I'm starting to think he learned immortality in Falsetower.

I was going to say I was renouncing Deephalls as a lost cause, but then LV says there are 12 dwarves. Where from? Last I left it with 7 dwarves. Dwarves can definitely get there, or spawn from cave soil nowadays? I was going to renounce Deephalls because the logistics of getting there are just too harrowing and there's only so much I can do with 7 dwarves, who will die of old age eventually even if I let them make offsprings, even those will die in the long scale of this game. I... probably won't rethink my stance, there's not even much in the depths of the ocean worth mining. There's marble, but marble's pretty ubiquitous around the world. Aside from that, I don't receive caravans either, and for me that removes a big part of the fun of the game.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 05:42:54 am by Lurker Z »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: June 07, 2023, 05:55:07 am »

I've begun my turn today! Here is hoping I accomplish everything I want to in time!

@Lurker that was part of my inspiration for Arthur and Miara. For some reason Cacame worship isn't spreading to reclaimed elven settlements. The newly generated elves and Hands of Planesgifts all seem to be atheists. Fearing an inveitable purge of the elves(such as with the blight) I wanted to make some cacame worshippers who'd keep it alive

So far in this turn's fun discoveries for me I found that in certain places Hands of Planesgifts are cloning themselves.
Exact copies appearing over the corpses of their counterparts shortly after their deaths.
Glitch for sure, but my head canon is they are like Sea anemone and clone themselves

ANOTHER EDIT

I forget who owns Juvar in Padcalls ruling the Lone Soldier of Fortune. Goblins have been trying to take the town in sieges a lot, but can't
I planted some citizens there my last turn and the last one was killed recently in the last siege. He is back to being the lone soldier of fortune
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 06:16:48 am by Maloy »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: June 08, 2023, 07:38:30 am »

Classic goblins
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: June 08, 2023, 07:47:01 am »

I've begun my turn today! Here is hoping I accomplish everything I want to in time!
Good luck!
I forget who owns Juvar in Padcalls ruling the Lone Soldier of Fortune.
According to my intel, he was an initial traveling companion of Leto, though I, in turn, forgot whose character Leto is.

One of my regrets is that I didn't visit Mabkor, but there's always next turn. I really want to see what you did with the place. Did you start using gui/advfort on it? I've started learning the ropes with it and it's awesome! With a little tweaking, you can even build with bones or gems, all in complete vanilla and without mods! And thanks again for the resurrect.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: June 08, 2023, 10:04:00 am »

Leto belongs to NoGoodNames, as does Juvar the crippled vampire.

Leto appears also to be a vampire, after accidentally drinking some of Asmel Minepass's blood while visiting the Museum. He later became a Baron of the Nations of Honoring and is now part of the government as a "human historian vampire" Guild Representative - he has also visited dwarf forts in his guise as guild representative and drained some hapless dwarves of blood...

I had a feeling it was the end when a vampire historian diplomat from a human civ showed up and made a straight b-line to the tavern, and just drained this dude in front of everyone, before casually strolling over the mayor's office to have a meeting about trade. Drained someone else, and left before any crime was reported!

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: June 08, 2023, 12:36:37 pm »

Since we are into the second millenium now, I thought it would be good to post an up to date version of the population graphs:

Very unusual uptick in gremlins around year 874. And then a second population spike around 899.  I like it.
Anyone know off-hand what happened during those years, which evidently led to the creation of a stable world population of gremlins?

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: June 08, 2023, 01:42:25 pm »

It's in the thread, though I assume by this time deep in its 200+ pages. Bralbaard embarked as Midas Olxosost and renounced any items, weapons and even the clothes on his back to start with about 300 gremlins, if I'm not mistaken. We had a few pages' discussion on how they would fair over the centuries.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: June 08, 2023, 01:59:54 pm »

Yeah that was from Bralbaards gremlin adventures.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 264