Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 264

Author Topic: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)  (Read 417654 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: Museum III, adventure succession game (DF 0.47.05)
« Reply #3690 on: November 12, 2023, 07:36:27 pm »

The human vampire Guild Representative is indeed a former player character - Baron Leto Searchpraise.

The beat up miserable vampire "Hurt" is Ingish from Icefury, primogenitor of the frozen vampire death cult in the Tundra of Heroes.

And lastly, the mooseman necromancer is also a player character, quite fond of murdering things and known to associate with the Ghoul Father.

Sounds like you had an interesting adventure!

Good luck on your turn, Bralbaard!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: November 13, 2023, 09:22:12 am »

Alright, my turns over. Here is the link for the save (this time I remembered to toggle the access permissions)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZrGwFUnpRijmCpyNb_VTXNjkxKlENXNs/view?usp=sharing

Not too much happened, I don't think. I didn't quite the have the energy that I was hoping to have going into this turn.

We started the preliminary construction of a massive hyper object, a wall, to be precise, which will stretch from the "Moral Chartreuse Finger" - Mountains, in the West, all the way across the entire "Jungle of Harvesters", and finally terminate upon its arrival at the "The Peaceful Waters" - Ocean in the East.

This will serve as a bulwark between Honeyhammer and the swarms of the horrible mountain gnome recruits which keep showing up at my door.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lets see here... I worked on some minor improvements to honeyhammer, which feature smoke machines, which rely awful garbage poetry composed by yours truly. (This works since unique literary works count as artifacts, can be mass produced, and can be made out of materials which are combustible)

We had a lot of "fun" happen at one of the wall construction sites. Fun was predominantly vampire based. For some reason, we were unable to arrest the human trade guild representative who showed up, was a vampire, and also I believe someone's character. So we took care of em' - Castlevania style. And by that I mean via relentless brute force, countless losses, and a pile death. Just to slay ourselves a single Dracula.

I think there's also another vampire that showed up, I didn't know they were a vampire though, or someone's character, since they were using an alias. But they were pretty beat up upon their arrival at the fort, so I just named them "hurt." And I think the nickname is stuck onto that character now. Anyway, I checked their legends log, and something like 20 adventures have apparently drank this dude's blood to become vampires. I almost feel bad, lol. I believe they're currently too injured to even pose a threat to anyone, let alone actually drink anyone's blood. They're just a cursed blood bucket that the world keeps around, in order to keep making more vampires.

We also produced a extremely notable artifact at one of the forts, which I have actually seen fit to donate to Boltspumpkin.
Feel free to try it on next time you visit Boltspumpkin.

I fought a mooseman necromancer, and I was soundly defeated. But I managed to take one of their hooves with me. I'll have my revenge in due time.
But that battle cost me my tongue and the boars head that I had surgically grafted onto me, which suddenly sprung to life during the battle.

Oh and I did some exploring my turn, and I found a site that appears to crash upon loading it. Not sure if this one was pointed out already or not.
Its this one:

Thanks for the save, I've got it downloaded.

Championvault seems to load fine in my copy of your save. Can it be that you've confused it with Duskhome or Warshrieks, both lie nearby and are known to have been lost due to corruption/worm taint?

That giant wall is certainly one of the more ambitious megaprojects out there! I'll add it to the map later. It probably needs another map cut-out to be done properly. 
The burning poetry and artifacts will surely be appreciated by people, though that poor gremlin might have another opinion. 99% of gremlins in this world are pets, by the way. I know how to reliably get you a few hundred, if you are interested. (it does not involve water or feeding after midnight)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:47:34 am by Bralbaard »

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 13, 2023, 06:17:04 pm »

Championvault seems to load fine in my copy of your save. Can it be that you've confused it with Duskhome or Warshrieks, both lie nearby and are known to have been lost due to corruption/worm taint?

That giant wall is certainly one of the more ambitious megaprojects out there! I'll add it to the map later. It probably needs another map cut-out to be done properly. 
The burning poetry and artifacts will surely be appreciated by people, though that poor gremlin might have another opinion. 99% of gremlins in this world are pets, by the way. I know how to reliably get you a few hundred, if you are interested. (it does not involve water or feeding after midnight)

That seems highly plausible, I've likely confused it with one of those two sites.

I dunno, I've seen some crazy stuff on this save. But yeah, its certainly going to take me a minute.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 13, 2023, 09:29:02 pm »

Good to know Championvaults isn't corrupt, you scared me there.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 20, 2023, 05:36:48 pm »

How’s the turn coming along?

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 20, 2023, 05:41:02 pm »

You beat me by a few minutes.
I've uploaded the save. 

Game has gained sentience and was acting creepy. More later.

Link for the save file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19U3T7aeVl0Bqs0-AFIRGq2HImk74YQRd/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 05:56:32 pm by Bralbaard »

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
  • Necromancy Cultist, Any and All Pronouns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 21, 2023, 04:38:45 pm »

ah shit it's my turn now, hang on a sec, I'll get into playing this later after my lunch, I'll just download this save real quick
GLORY UPON THE LORDS OF DEATH, PRAISE NECROMANCY!!

Zed Apocalypse Undead Infection Mini Mod
Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 21, 2023, 04:39:12 pm »

thankfully I have been keeping watch on this thread till it was my turn so yeah

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 21, 2023, 05:17:12 pm »

alright back, getting ready to do my turn rn

Civs+ Mod

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 21, 2023, 05:59:00 pm »

Well that sounds both ominous and terrifying. Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Good luck on your turn, Wonderpsycho!

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: November 21, 2023, 06:09:58 pm »

Well that sounds both ominous and terrifying. Can't wait to see what you've been up to!

Good luck on your turn, Wonderpsycho!

Thanks, will do!

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 21, 2023, 08:51:03 pm »

Spent most of my time making my adventurer and her fellow adventuring friends for today, it's now already early at night on my end, and so I decided I will begin her and her friends adventures tomorrow along with writing her perspective tomorrow as well,

as always, when my turn is done I will share what happened in my end in the perspective of my adventurers and share the save here but yeah

I guess what also added time on me working on them was the fact I originally wanted my character to be a fox woman with a pet fox as a joke and for fun, but unfortunately there was no fox people in this world or they all went extinct in this world cause of the amount of chaos that happened within it or something like that, so I ultimately winded up with a Lynx woman with a pet cat named "Linx" as a alternative for the same funny gimmick I had in mind for her originally but yeah

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 22, 2023, 03:02:46 pm »

alright am awake, today I will finally get started on adventuring with my peasant adventuring party and see where they will go, will keep ya'll updated on some stuff that may happened in my turn, but again it will not give out the full story of what's happening until my turn is done so yeah

Civs+ Mod

WonderPsycho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 22, 2023, 09:44:18 pm »

Did some adventuring with my characters a bit, mainly explored some abandoned hamlets, got some extra weapons from one abandoned hamlet town hall, eventually felt tired on doing the adventuring for a bit, and when it became night in game and my character and her companions camp out at night, and chatted a bit, I took a few more screenshots of their convos, my character going to sleep and waking up at dawn for the next day in my character's turn,

will continue to play my turn and write for my turn tomorrow, but I may possibly do little of it tomorrow due to my birthday being tomorrow and such so yeah

Civs+ Mod

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 23, 2023, 12:54:25 pm »

Happy Birthday, and good luck on your adventures!
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 264