Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: (SG) Rise of the Smith Lord  (Read 19453 times)

Dopl

• Bay Watcher
  • ded
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Rise of the Smith Lord
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2017, 02:36:12 pm »

I agree with Omada on everything but the whores, there's no point in slaughtering them, just send workers who can actually keep their dicks in their pants. Ironys plan looks good for me, other than adding steel and bronze. If we add both it would total 4 materials, likely longer than the 6 months we have to craft it, I'd add one of those tops, and lean towards steel, as its protective qualities would be very useful in politics, compared to something related to fire which would do what for our intended effect?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2017, 08:15:33 pm »

"Nothing good ever comes out of the Eastvile."

-Popular Saying among the Drugar of the Greatwalls Alliance

Smith Lord Aurora Wordfire, Refuge Queen of Silent Hammers, Empress Consort of the Southernfrost, and Queen Consort of Bedlamb and the Marble City
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Refuge City of Silent Hammers

You send word to Branding Iron that you would like to discuss 'cooking for' the other Hobbit Dons. His reply, although not what you are expecting, is rather enlightening.

Reply:
Aside from putting a potential time limit on any scheme involving the Hobbit Mob, this letter also paints the people sent to your court by the Bloodlord as likely canidates to be Donna Sherry's spy.

---

You sit down with Ukareem and Brother Anders for a proper briefing regarding werebeasts, and are not terribly happy with what you learn. Unless powerful, oftentimes wicked, magics are involved, it is impossible for most werebeings to ever gain control of their transformations and behavior; Only those with a beast form known for low fertility or sexual potency, such as a mule, liger, or panda, can be tamed. Unless you start making them all artifacts, or seek the aid of a powerful wizard, it is best to give the afflicted a quick death or sell them off to those who would be interested in experimenting upon them.

Eventually you decide to send Ukareem to meet with Count Chance, talk him into holding the quarantined citizens for a month, and at least broach the topic of purchasing Faust's Valley from the humans. Your husband returns the following morning without the quarantined citizens.

"Count Chance has agreed to take the quarantined citizens. The unaffected will be returned next month, while any actual were-eagles will be sold to various druids and mages. I talked Count Chance into splitting the profit of any such sale with you." He explains.

The Emperor frowns as he moves on to the other issue you had him discuss. "As for the purchase of Faust's Valley, the count informs me that he would require the blessing of his king, which he doubts he can get, to sell that much land to a non-human. He could, however, contract with you to develop and defend the land for now, and discuss actually selling it to you after the civil war when he himself is king."

"What are his terms for a contract?"

The Emperor shrugs, "He wishes to see your proposal for what can be done to the valley before negotiating specifics. I suggest you survey it, and run the results past one of the Scholar-King's engineers."

---

You call Prince Neptune to your chamber. "I appreciate the gear you made, and find your work to be acceptable, but I can't have you just running the humans out of town. They were here first."

"T-then where do you wish for me to build, Smith Lord?"

"I'll have to figure that out, but we will know soon enough." You assure him, "Trust me. As for the price, however, could we get it cheaper if I were to provide the building materials?"

"Umm.... erm...." Prince Neptune stammers, "I... I don't think so. I negotiated with a bunch of Opal Elves in the Trollish Wastes. For 10 wealth they agreed they would provide building materials and labor to construct the building, as well as smuggle in a bunch of hard to get Gemworking tools from the Beetle Queendoms. I... I would rather not renegotiate that contract. Those Opal Elves kinda scare me a bit... well actually they scare me alot."

---

Looking out your window and seeing that the Eastvile Drone is still waiting outside your apartment with his dangerous scepter, you decide to head out and bargain with him.

"You can put Digger's Lament away. I know you can't afford to hurt me. The materials that make up your little trident are unknown even to me, so I'm quite positive that nobody else in the world would even have a hobbits chance of fixing the damn thing. You are going to have to negotiate like a gentleman if you want my aid."

"Oh?" He asks, "Who's to say I need the citizens and infrastructure of this city in one piece though? I could threaten them... but I don't think I will."

He tosses the artifact into his wagon, and contorts his mandibles into a grin. "I didn't expect to control you, darling. I had to try though. Domination is in my nature... On that note I could offer you something in return for your services."

"What did you have in mind?"

The grin of the Eastvile drone grows wider. "One of the creatures I have dominated is Tromlux, one of the nasty demons worshiped by the detestable yet delicious drowfolk. Tromlux is bloated with power from the worship the drow give him, and I would say he is more than strong enough to take on just about anything native to this realm."

"And you would just give him... erm it... to me"

"Oh heavens no!" The Eastvile Drone laughs, "I would use it to earn you some truly powerful raw materials to work. You may not be aware of this, but a Red Dragon frequents your city in the guise of a female halfling. While in town, it lives with Grandson of one of Donna Sherry's enemies just outside your walls. I would put runes of protection on the city walls to stop the fight from spilling inside your town, and then order my demon to slay the dragon. You get dragon bits to work with, and any halflings we don't warn ahead of time will get squished in the crossfire! Just the thought of that carnage makes my hearts go all pitter patter!"

---

Unless you guys request alot more dialogue interaction, or change your mind about crafting a Marble/Singing Wood artifact, next turn will skip 2-3 months.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 23, 2017, 08:30:39 pm »

Okay, lets survey the valley, and if our husband thinks it will work while we are entranced, start setting up the bloodstone crafting and some other industries suggested by the engineers, like mining and smelting whatever ores are present, in the valley.

Inform the Eastvale drone that we have a contract we need to complete first, and we keep our word, so his project will have to wait, but, that we can craft the trident into a smaller item that can be personally used by him with the same powers.

I think that going like this is a good idea, a few months of diplomacy and fixing up the town, set up a '6 month' plan, and then craft an artifact, then do some more diplomat stuff based on what happens in the meantime.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 23, 2017, 11:23:03 pm »

Agree with surveying the valley to consider an arrangement with the count.

Should definitely inform the Drone we can't right now. I'd rather not stir up trouble trying to harvest the dragon, though, and not just because the halflings are sort of allies now/for the moment. No doubt he has a lot of ways to be useful to us, though.

It looks like the Hobbit Dons might be a little more tense than we thought. That's okay though, if they vote to cook us a meal in eight months, they'll get a banquet in return.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dopl

• Bay Watcher
  • ded
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 24, 2017, 02:34:31 am »

Agree with irony, I think we should tell the drone that we wish to put our all into an artifact as grand as this trident also, and that we wish for him to allow us to fully establish our kingdom, so that we may be able to spend however much time would be needed to repair this artifact to its former magnificence. At the very least it will give us a few years with him not threatening us, and best case is he assists us in the establishment of our kingdom so that we may be able to accomplish the task he wishes for us sooner

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 24, 2017, 08:32:49 am »

My plan would be to finish the opal elf artifact, deal with the dons, then work on the trident.  We should have a much better idea of our long term goals after the dons and can set up expansion, development, rebuilding and such before starting a yearlong+ project.

Mithras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2017, 08:51:09 am »

While the drone is here we should ask whether her has a preference for the size of the artefact, for all we know he could be intending it to be used by something giant and would like to keep it big.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2017, 11:07:19 am »

The dragon vs demon kanji fight stuff would only be useful if the hobbits turn on us. The dragon is still in "our" side. It's worried about the prophecy too and we should not eliminate it.

Wait the dragon to come to us when he see us big, (or offer an artifact to try to gain it's respect before?)

Ask him if he has other proposals

I don't trust this guy with an weapon like this. He threatened Aurora, seeing it won't work he threatened the city. I would feel better if he prefer to make it smaller. We loose a great bunch of months but we get a bit of control over him. (And our third husband could find a way to fertilize us while making a artifact like this, he would LOVE his new son.)

About the whores, okay it's too harsh to do this. But i fear they might get more bold or the situation get's worse. Maybe send a letter saying "Hey, we don't mind you and our farmers having fun and making your demon of lust stronger, but if the STD isn't part of your rituals, deal with it. Or ask someone to help your brothel to deal with it"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Dopl

• Bay Watcher
  • ded
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2017, 09:02:19 pm »

I agree on the not trust in him with the artifact, hence why I want to stall for a bit of time by telling him we wish to be able to fully devote ourselves to its repair, and are unable to without fully establishing our kingdom first.

(Also if we repair it as our own artifact, I think we should add some troll bone if we can, just as a safety precaution.)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 25, 2017, 12:32:12 am »

"Wildshroom's offer offended Beetle Queen Corruptspike to the core,
but she needed money and he controlled a dragon's hoard. She had no
doubt that her blood was pure enough to hide the shameful linage of
the proposed offspring, and even less doubt that their fully drow half
sibblings would destroy them anyway in the cutthroat game of drowish
succession. Flawlessly masking her utter revulsion, she accepted the
proposition and lead the crafty rouge to her bedchambers."

-Inscribed upon The Song of Gunsmoke

Smith Lord Aurora Wordfire, Refuge Queen of Silent Hammers, Empress Consort of the Southernfrost, and Queen Consort of Bedlamb and the Marble City

Refuge City of Silent Hammers

"I don't think that works for me, Drone. I think I might be able to make an ally out of that dragon yet... But I am glad you are were willing to make such an offer. It shows what this trident is worth to you."

The Eastvile drone frowns, and you continue. "I already have a contract in place to make an artifact for the Opal Elves, which should keep me busy for a few months. But if we come to terms, I think I can help you after I'm done with that. Do you have any reason to keep the trident as big as it is? I *should* be able to trim it down to a size suitable for you when I reforge it, which means we could count the leftover material as part of my payment.

Your words wipe the smug look off the drone's face. "You can make an artifact in a matter of months? YOU CAN STRAIGHT UP REFORGE THE TRIDENT? Great Durkim Below, that is straight up impressive darling."

"The legends about me are mostly true. You boast, "and I've recently become far more powerful than even they might suggest. Behave yourself, and come back in a few months with a better offer."

"I will do that. I'll come back with the measurments so that one of my colonies larger soldiers can use the thing. My weapons of choice was never the trident..." The Eastvile drone admits as he saunters back over to his wagon to pull out his scepter, which he playfully points in your direction once more. "Just be careful. I already admire you, but if you keep this up, I may wind up respecting you."

---

You gather your court, and explain that once again you intend to enter a trance and make an artifact. Since you doubt there is any way this process will take you any more than four months, you convince Ukareem to stick around and rule Silent Hammers in your stead, even if you should fall pregnant while working. You then explain your intended objectives for the next few months, select your finest sample of marble to complement the singing wood you aquired from the Opal Elves, and retire to your workshop.

---

Time passes quickly while you are in the trance, but so does progress on the artifact. As you complete your project and begin to recover from the trance, you make several observations; First, you appear to be in the early stages of pregnancy, second, a little more than two months have passed, and third you fanatically clinging to an anklet made of singing wood and decorated with marble.

The Song of Gunsmoke:

As you continue to emerge from the crafting state, you arrange for food to be provided and order 5 FU of human phalanx to deliver the freshly minted artifact to Nazier Wildshroom at once. Then you call upon your court to learn what has transpired while you were occupied.

Progress Report from Hobbit Caravan:

Labor Report from Dung Heap Farm:

Progress Report from Brick Caravan:

Oddearth Cliffs Construction Report:

Soil Survey Results:

Faust's Valley Survey Report:

Monthly Court Report:

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 25, 2017, 01:24:23 am »

Recall what exactly is a Tiger Head.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 25, 2017, 11:44:08 am »

We should talk to the hobgoblins about management techniques with other races.  They seem to be great motivators but do not understand how to keep dwarven goodwill.  I assume dwarves have no problem with being driven so hard, being naturally hardworking and industrious, but they should also be given time to drink relax and party, unlike goblins.

Let's see if the message can get through to the hobgoblins, if not we can just have them concentrate on our goblins.

For the city, decorative gems are nice but 2 more improvement slots are critical.  I like the idea of a megaproject to flood part of the beetle queendoms, lets leave that alone for now.

We could see about trading some of the materials from the Opal elves in exchange for bricks from the wizard.

We should build watchtowers at Dung Slopes and Oddearth Cliffs and start the fortress near the Opal Elves.

I wonder if we could make an artifact for our weremule bodyguard that would allow him to bind other werebeings into his service.

Dopl

• Bay Watcher
  • ded
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2017, 11:46:25 am »

Is it possible to switch out all our female workers with males? I doubt that whores would be able to fall much, so spawning bugbears is unlikely with them, but I want to send atleast 2 units of guards. I also think we should get the tower built asap, to protect from goblin raids on our salt.

An artifact that does that would be great, and if we can, I just hope we have time to make it before the werebeings are exterminated
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:48:53 am by Dopl »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2017, 01:02:52 pm »

My suggestion: pay the Nonslaves who were abused 1-2 wealth(Total) for "Abuse by Stupid hobgoblins"
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2017, 01:15:07 pm »

I will wait for Irony for exact number as I'm bad at this and still get confused with LU and FU units. But... of course i will make suggestions,

Tiger heads:
Recall who they are and why they are hated
Offer work on some of our more distant places.

Quarry:
Trade all non-goblins for goblins. if possible.
If needs more LU put something else
Tell guards that they are allowed and expected to whip a hobgoblins back if they are being assholes
Tell hobgoblins that they can't treat non-goblins like this, and that every time he hits a non-goblin back he is wasting time, and if they proceed doing this they will be punished.
-Build watchtower and garrison it?

Brick trade:
-Buy?
-Try our luck and bid?
there must be coming right now about 120 material construction resources, but with a few more we can begin revamping the city or completely control the trollish wastes
-Maybe we could trade with some stuff from the opal elves with the wizard

hmmm is kimberlite from the feathered drugar a construction material? They too has a 3x modfication value.

wait..

Greatwall alliance:
-Ask our friendly scholar, what do they have to export/needs to import usually?

If there is construction material or cheap stuff we could make another watchtower in the troll breedlands later to get more stuff.

Dung heap farm
-More guards
-Someone scout the locals (human soldiers?), because it's not the first time they appear. First we had a bugbear wanting to free the slaves, now hobgoblins wanting to make bugbears.

Sorcerer:

-Do we have candidates to explore? Ask branding iron someone in case we don't.

Faust valley:
god damn, they are full of danger, we could side with someone in their fights, but we have no guarantee that both sides wouldn't begin to raid us. if the other is defeated. And when the drows are destroyed they might begin raiding us instead.

we can still put things there. Specially things that our people wouldn't appreciate. like the workshop(10 wealth cost) and the tigerheads, feathered drugar etc.

When we complete the artifact of predator lake we can drown ourselves in fish

Monks hunting monastery:
-Or we put it in the faust-valleys plains, or in the ring of leisure. We just can't lose a free stuff
-One option we put it at the side of our hobbit doms
- in the other we put near the workshop and it can serve as a kind of protection, a lot of valleys to train and maybe a bunch of were-stuff to kill

Right now i am pretty sure we are spending too much

city center:
If we do a new neighboorhood here we might make a mine shaft. The decorative gems might be sold as finished goods

North slope
-I don't like the idea of this megaproject, It's wonderfull i know. And maybe the soil will be fertile for farms... But we already have a way to control the predators

I took too long to write .

The artifact idea is great, we don't have time to make it before the werebeings are exterminated, it don't matter cause every next werebeast problem will be solved. HEY, we could raid our enemies and give an surprise werebeing attack, and then capture and sell them *evil laugh*

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18