Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: World of Warships! Now in Open Beta!  (Read 25196 times)

qurvax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Warships!
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:46 am »

Looked over everything in my port, the textures all look exactly like that. The only models with nice highres textures are the subsystems and guns, like what is featured in your screenshot. The actual hull itself's textures are just terrible.

Just look at "windows" on the ship hull, there is clear difference between your and my version.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 08:07:02 pm »

So hey, just got CBT access, and I have to say that I'm liking it much more than WoT; every death I've had has largely been my own fault for making bad decisions and not planning ahead, rather than RNG. I'd say something about fewer shit teammates, but that's slanted by the relatively limited access.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

I got teamkilled twice so i wouldn't really call teammates in WoWS good in any shape or form.

One put a barrage of torps into me for killstealing (my secondaries killed a cruiser i didn't ven see because i was tunnel visioning on a battleship)
And another nice fellow i rammed while tunnel visioning who got so angry he had to put salvo after salvo into me while raging on all chat.

So yeah.

Anyway BBs are trash.
Cruisers are ok (but only american ones)
DDs are hilarious because you can onlyspot one when you are about to ram it (literally if they use the cloaking generator called "smoke" for some reason).
And CVs are... meh. I liked CVs in Navy Field far more. I feel in less control in WoWS than there. And i rarely use the manual torping because the automatic flurry is pretty much inescapable if you spot it too late.
Early fighters are complete trash barely capable of taking care of enemy bobmers (no really they don't have enough ammo on them to shoot down a bomber wing of their own tier much less higher tiers).
And of course there are dive bombers. The less said about them the better.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2015, 01:04:18 am »

Figured I'd bump this topic as it's now very easily to get into the beta by purchasing the "E3 2015 digital ticket" from Humble Bundle. Not noly does it come with a few other games and other things, most importantly it comes with not only beta access for World of Warships, but a Tier 5 Russian cruiser, a free port slot, a week of premium, and 1000 tokens.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

I just played a bit with a friend, and it seems pretty neat so far even though I've only played against AI so far and only unlocked a tier 2 ship before logging out for the night.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2015, 01:17:08 am »

Oh, it comes with the russian cruiser I cannot pronounce let alone spell? Cool. By the way, hurry up ang get to tier 3 so you have a chance of being blown out of the water with my tier 4-5 ships. >:D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2015, 03:13:44 am »

Jesus fuck but the Atlanta is overpowered. It's like they took the Sims and quadrupled the number of turrets in exchange for no (shitty American) torps and slightly lower mobility.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2015, 03:47:14 am »

Jesus fuck but the Atlanta is overpowered. It's like they took the Sims and quadrupled the number of turrets in exchange for no (shitty American) torps and slightly lower mobility.

It's Jingles' favorite ship(next to the Cleveland, which gets almost as many 6-inch guns that fire almost as fast as the 5 inch guns of the Atlanta)
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2015, 05:07:40 am »

As long as HE is way more effective then it has any right to be, all high RoF ships will be vastly overpowered.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2015, 11:46:07 am »

Do note the beta code from the humble bundle thing is US server only. Which means it's kinda useless for me since I already have a WG account on EU. The bonus stuff too. I'm not sure what to do now, I mean, the goodies are nice and all but I really don't want another account to manage and shit, especially since the ping is going to be kinda shitty if I do go with it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 12:09:19 pm »

Someone in the sales thread said the codes should work for existing accounts as long as you aren't entering them on the eu site, I think.

Besides that, I'm having a lot of fun with this thing now that I found out you can see more detailed stats by clicking the arrows on the stat bars in port.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 12:46:48 pm »

That's the thing, I already have an EU account and I don't really want to make a US one just for this, which means I have a code that's all but useless :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 01:00:48 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, you can still use the code, but you'll only be able to get on US servers? You might lag, but you'll still be able to play.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2015, 01:03:27 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, you can still use the code, but you'll only be able to get on US servers? You might lag, but you'll still be able to play.

I think what he's trying to communicate is he already has a warships account on the EU server, so no need to play on the american server which would me starting over with bad lag. The code wouldn't just be worth it

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »

Should I be spending the 1000 gold currency on something that isn't more ports? They seem useful to have.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:21 pm »

Once Closed Beta ends, and we enter Open Beta, you get your gold back (and lose whatever you bought with it), so it might make more sense to get a premium ship (if there are any cheap enough) or maybe even premium time. More Ports don't seem that useful to me, since I'm basically swimming in money and can just rebuy a ship whenever I want to play it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16