Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 611397 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T101: A: "By ignoring their problems!"
« Reply #6195 on: January 24, 2015, 11:33:05 pm »

Assumptions are so petty of you, Fusil. You're still wrong. We get a huge amount of planets to serve as tools we can maneuver to use for magic in case we wanted to contact other bubbles. I have no reason whatsoever to believe you on any of this, and I don't. It won't increase the size of the bubble and they build temples because it's the mortals that give weight, not the planets. Planets are just huge chunks of rock. All those planets allow us to multiply our races immensely, and provide safe testing grounds for experiments. And again, maneuvering systems of stars and planets into position to provide conduits for magic will allow us to accomplish a great deal.

"Bubbles have been destroyed that have no mortal presence. If your theory was correct, that would not be so. Again, you are overestimating magic. It doesn't work that way, and you can't move around planets with people as if they where pawns for no cost. If you would just pick up a book, you would see that everything I am saying is true. The Luminal's goals are not hidden at all, though its effects are more of a secret. Even a beginner's book would show you this. Anyone who has done anything with the Void, Cim, Serac, or even a handful of Mortals could tell you this at least. Once again, you keep doubting me, but put no effort into either disproving or researching the facts I bring up yourself. Could it be that you are actively attempting to increase the size of our bubble on request from the Void?"

"The proto-star took about 10 Ticks to make. As for your other claims, I think you're talking out of your arse. What proof do you have that making planets will add "weight" to the Bubble? Perhaps the only thing of importance in the Bubble are sapients? Remember: temples and monuments are useless if there's no one to behold them. Unless you start citing your sources, I'm going to ignore your assumptions about the Bubble."

"Books. Have you ever read one? Are you even capable of doing so? Then go look it up. There are plenty of documents showing the Null destroying bubbles, uninhabited, inhabited, against them or for them. I am sure if I just read a passage out loud, you wouldn't believe me. Even if I thought it best to share my sources, you would dismiss the facts offhand. I know you will. The only way you would ever believe me is if you pulled up the facts yourself."

Patterns, Malakath. It's evidenced by runes, and Cim probably knows far more about it than I, but simply put; geometric patterns, recurring sequences, and alignments of mystical phenomena enable magic to become more powerful and more efficient. Scale and effectiveness differs, but if we had enough material we could probably create a galaxy for the express purpose of allowing us to communicate with other Bubbles without killing ourselves.

"Runes have no power on their own, or do patterns. Magic isn't nearly powerful enough to do such a thing, you cannot expect to get something that would be so absurdly expensive with Godly essence with something as simple and weak as magic, not with a billion galaxies powering it."

"Of course! Rune magic! Perhaps if we modelled a galaxy with the rune of Cosmic - assuming it exists - can we perhaps enhance our godly abilities at no extra cost? I haven't delved much into that area of magic, I'm afraid. My focus is on souls at the moment."

"Malakath, you are an absolute idiot. First, the categories you keep trying to put magic into are a lot more fluid then you believe. Second, what we do is not Cosmic magic. It is Godly creation. It is as different as a man and a finger puppet, they scarcely even take the same shape. Don't you have some mages following you? If you are so afraid of books, why not just ask one of them how magic works?"

KI'Tork claps slowly.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: January 24, 2015, 11:36:14 pm »

Azem takes several deep breaths.

"You do not desire our belief Armsbearer. You do not desire our competence. And I sincerely doubt you desire our existence. So what is it you desire Fusil? Please, enlighten me."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: January 24, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »

"Simple, Unaltered Violence and Chaos."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6198 on: January 24, 2015, 11:40:02 pm »

Azem takes several deep breaths.

"You do not desire our belief Armsbearer. You do not desire our competence. And I sincerely doubt you desire our existence. So what is it you desire Fusil? Please, enlighten me."

"I would be satisfied with your compliance, for now. At least it would keep you from destroying everything I have worked so hard to protect."
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:45:47 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: January 24, 2015, 11:47:46 pm »

"Fusil, you're suggesting that no matter what we do we're going to be destroyed by the Void. As you said, inhabited or uninhabited, with or against, empty or filled, the Bubble will be destroyed. If that's the case then why don't we just make a new Bubble we can move into before the Luminals destroy this one? I'm not suggesting we do that, I'm just curious as to why we shouldn't."

EDIT: Lord Sephir Lecta checks the Library for books relating to fusions between gods from other Bubbles.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:49:26 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6200 on: January 24, 2015, 11:48:33 pm »

"Why can't we just negotiate some kind of agreement with them if that's the case?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: January 24, 2015, 11:49:29 pm »

Azem snorts.

"The great and mighty Fusil Armsbearer, our humble protector, first among the gods. That really is who you want to be isn't it? No, that is who you believe you are. But I do not trust your 'protection'."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: January 24, 2015, 11:53:14 pm »

(*whispers* Fusil just wants to impress Darruth-kun. ;D)

EDIT: (I just realised that Fusil would be the worst yandere to ever live. A normal yandere would slap a girl for getting too close to their crush. If someone tried that with Darruth, Fusil would probably blow up their planet and kill their entire race.)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 11:59:05 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: January 25, 2015, 12:03:27 am »

"Fusil, you're suggesting that no matter what we do we're going to be destroyed by the Void. As you said, inhabited or uninhabited, with or against, empty or filled, the Bubble will be destroyed. If that's the case then why don't we just make a new Bubble we can move into before the Luminals destroy this one? I'm not suggesting we do that, I'm just curious as to why we shouldn't."

EDIT: Lord Sephir Lecta checks the Library for books relating to fusions between gods from other Bubbles.

"What good would that do? The new bubble would be destroyed as well. If anything, we need Void knowlage to do such a thing, it would only be playing into their plans. If you think we can evacuate billions of souls into it, you are insane. If this bubble is destroyed, everything in it is destroyed to. We might be able to make it into that new bubble, but the Void would be impassable to mortals, even more so without the Void telling us how..."

"Why can't we just negotiate some kind of agreement with them if that's the case?"

"Don't be a fool. Even assuming that they where able to evacuate everything from our bubble all nice and happy, then the Umbrals would see us as teaming up with the Luminals (rightfully so) and destroy our bubble to keep them from escaping. The best we could hope for is being caught in a war we can hardly fight and taking one of them with us when we die, if we did such a foolish thing."

Azem snorts.

"The great and mighty Fusil Armsbearer, our humble protector, first among the gods. That really is who you want to be isn't it? No, that is who you believe you are. But I do not trust your 'protection'."

"Then do it yourself. You have just as much access to the library as I do."

(*whispers* Fusil just wants to impress Darruth-kun. ;D)

EDIT: (I just realised that Fusil would be the worst yandere to ever live. A normal yandere would slap a girl for getting too close to their crush. If someone tried that with Darruth, Fusil would probably blow up their planet and kill their entire race.)

(Wow, the insert quote button catches edits? Also, I can't wait until Tykki stabs you in the neck. Fusil is still a dude, for all the Newbs watching at home)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: January 25, 2015, 12:06:43 am »

"Why not set up relations with both?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: January 25, 2015, 12:16:17 am »

"Why not set up relations with both?"

"They have hated each other since the center of the time web? In terms you can understand, forever. Aside from that, they are not logical beings you can negotiate with. They are untrustworthy, evil, demons who would betray you in an instant if it meant furthering their goals by even an inch. They are beings who would destroy bubbles for fun if they didn't need them. They corrupt, everything they touch becomes corrupted. Trusting one is insane, trusting all of them is something a brain dead Yaos would come up with. Even if we did become friends with both sides, had them both agree to stop fighting and be bestest friends and not corrupt the bubble or destroy it just because, the Liminal would probably see this as an assault against balance and kill us."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: January 25, 2015, 12:25:16 am »

Azem growls.

"And so we continue the same endless dance unto eternity."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: January 25, 2015, 12:31:49 am »

*sighs*

I've been reading the books when I can, Fusil, especially those to do with the Void, and nothing I've seen supports your claims. Maybe I'm reading the wrong books, in which case, if you could simply tell me the title, I could confirm. Otherwise, I must maintain my position that you are wrong; it is not I whom the burden of proof lies on. It is you. You are the one making extravagant claims. You are the one trying to tell everyone what to do. So prove that we should. Preferably without being an ass in the process.

And you're right; on their own, they don't. They help magic that is used with them. That is how they work. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong, I can already hear you saying it, the fact of the matter is that I know from experience, and is some portion of what powers the Ley Lines.

And KI'Tork, he's wrong about them all being untrustworthy backstabbing bastards. A lot of them are, but they don't break their contracts, from what I've read. Still not a good idea, as lawmancers never break contracts either, but they can still wring you dry.

I'd rather honestly ignore them when at all possible, for all purposes, until we have things sorted out inside the Bubble.

I have a question, Fusil. How would you know bubbles had been destroyed without a mortal presence in them? A. How would you know they were destroyed since the books can't exactly document their Bubble's destruction considering everyone in the bubble would be dead or paradoxed and B. Unless a God wrote it, no mortals means no authors, and if you think we're all idiots why would they be any different?

Finally, while Creation and Magic are not the same, neither are they separate, as you should well know, considering your recent projects. The one flows into the other. And a tool for Creation is assisted by having an ordered pattern as much as anything else.

((KJP hasn't sent me a new book in the last few weeks despite pokes. >.>))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: January 25, 2015, 12:39:54 am »

"What good would that do? The new bubble would be destroyed as well. If anything, we need Void knowlage to do such a thing, it would only be playing into their plans. If you think we can evacuate billions of souls into it, you are insane. If this bubble is destroyed, everything in it is destroyed to. We might be able to make it into that new bubble, but the Void would be impassable to mortals, even more so without the Void telling us how..."
"If necessary, I can just hold the souls within me while we move. Then it's the matter of a mere Council proposal to bring them all back to life."

(Wow, the insert quote button catches edits? Also, I can't wait until Tykki stabs you in the neck. Fusil is still a dude, for all the Newbs watching at home)
(Dude, that was OOC. That is NOT how Malakath views the situation. She's also been regarding Fusil as a male for a while now, it's just that she hasn't had the opportunity to call Fusil a 'he' yet.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: January 25, 2015, 01:02:16 am »

Azem growls.

"And so we continue the same endless dance unto eternity."

"I could show you the sources. But you wouldn't believe them, would you? Not unless you got them yourself. But you are a lazy idiot, who will never get them himself. Quite the conundrum, isn't it?"

(There where multiple books, when KJP was going through his *no title* phase. Also, I can't remember the price check for talking to other bubbles exactly, but remember it being absurdly high. Anyone have a link to it?)

"Then you know that their goal is to increase the size of our bubble? That is the first thing anyone learns about the Luminals. There are multiple different books saying the same thing, I might end up sending you a copy later. What exactly are you claiming I am wrong about? Everything I have said is true so far. Reading any books about bubbles being destroyed and you should find the same results, somewhere, if they have not been hidden away already."

And you're right; on their own, they don't. They help magic that is used with them. That is how they work. Don't bother telling me I'm wrong, I can already hear you saying it, the fact of the matter is that I know from experience, and is some portion of what powers the Ley Lines.

"*Sigh* Are your ears powered by "magic"? I can see how inefficient they are. It can increase the power of magic. I said as much last time. What it can not do is make magic as powerful as you believe it does. For the amount of essence we would have to put into communicating with another bubble, we could make trillions of mortals, multiple solar systems, and enough food to satisfy even the God of Hunger. Magic has trouble doing something we can do for even a few essence. It is week. Even if you forced our bubble into some magic symbol, even if you amplified magic's power a billion times, it would still not be powerful enough to carry a signal through the Void. Not if you did it, not if Malakath did it, not if every being in the bubble supported it. You are highly overestimating the power of magic. You do not even understand what it is. How weak it is."

And KI'Tork, he's wrong about them all being untrustworthy backstabbing bastards. A lot of them are, but they don't break their contracts, from what I've read. Still not a good idea, as lawmancers never break contracts either, but they can still wring you dry.

"How would that make me wrong? They follow the word of their contract. They are untrustworthy backstabbers. Those two things can exist easily together. As I said, they are demons. Is that not what traditional demons do? Make Faustian bargains where they control even the wording? Only an absolute moron like Durrath would believe they are trustworthy. Don't talk to them, don't get near them. Avoid them."

I have a question, Fusil. How would you know bubbles had been destroyed without a mortal presence in them? A. How would you know they were destroyed since the books can't exactly document their Bubble's destruction considering everyone in the bubble would be dead or paradoxed and B. Unless a God wrote it, no mortals means no authors, and if you think we're all idiots why would they be any different?

"Many ways, including that Gods wrote them. They would be different because they are at least intelligent enough to write a book, and it is consistent with other books of the same kind. Not every God is an idiot, I exist after all. I had always assumed the other bubbles where full of Gods more like me, and less like you morons. Otherwise, they would be wiped out by now."

Finally, while Creation and Magic are not the same, neither are they separate, as you should well know, considering your recent projects. The one flows into the other. And a tool for Creation is assisted by having an ordered pattern as much as anything else.

"Doesn't that prove just how little you know? Do you know what is outside our Bubble? Another Bubble. A huge one, the Void. Do you know what is inside that? Void energy. It is not ordered, it is not patterned. And it is virtually indistinguishable from our Essence. Chaos, without order. Creation doesn't benefit from order, making a "magic" symbol in the stars will not assist in our Creation. Magic is completely and utterly different in every way, and only someone who knew nothing of either would believe otherwise."

"If necessary, I can just hold the souls within me while we move. Then it's the matter of a mere Council proposal to bring them all back to life."

"...No, you can't. That is physically impossible. It would probably kill you just as easily..."

(Dude, that was OOC. That is NOT how Malakath views the situation. She's also been regarding Fusil as a male for a while now, it's just that she hasn't had the opportunity to call Fusil a 'he' yet.)

(This is also OOC. I want to see Malakath stabbed, and want the Newbs who you keep tricking into thinking wrong things to think something right.)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 01:03:59 am by Stirk »

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 475