Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798860 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hitler
Why does everyone have this obsession with cloning Hitler anyway? It's not like he had the "genocide gene" or something. That would be dumb.
Though I reckon Hitler-clone could probably live a life if he took care of his presentation. Keep somewhat messy hair, clean shaven or a beard, maybe make-up, don't stab people in the face... the usual stuff you do to hide your identity.
Don't have a hitler stache. Really, I'm not sure your average person would ever recognize him without it anymore.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Does anyone else think he looks a wee bit like Stephen Fry?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I wonder what stacheless Stalin looks like.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

If only Stalin 'Stache counts, like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The moral of the story is that changing your hair and accessories can do wonders for making you look different.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still cant get into cataclysm, mostly because I find the early game (the only part of the game I am able to play) to be impossible to survive, even following guides.

Run and hit mobs over broken windows, they say. Still get my face eaten the next turn. (And no, these arnt special mobs either)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could just give yourself more starting points to compensate. I usually start with 10 or 12 in place of the usual 6, but you can give yourself more if you want to.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I had already given myself 11 (2 added in, then 3 from taking a detoothed 'forgetful' trait)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

If only Stalin 'Stache counts, like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know, I was expecting that to be a photoshop of Stalin's moistache, just floating in the air without him.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

You know, I was expecting that to be a photoshop of Stalin's moistache, just floating in the air without him.
You are not alone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile

The game is hard, really the only way to get decent at it is to die a whole lot and figure out what works.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I still cant get into cataclysm, mostly because I find the early game (the only part of the game I am able to play) to be impossible to survive, even following guides.

Run and hit mobs over broken windows, they say. Still get my face eaten the next turn. (And no, these arnt special mobs either)
What I found out that works: Pick SWAT officer for starting profession. Self-defense class for Krav Maga. If you can min-max hard enough to get quick and maybe psychopath, you can get in one or two hits and back away a tile before the zombie in question can hit you. If you see a shocker or any kind of brute, take your pistol or smg and kill them with it. Make sure to place the pistol in the shoulder hoster, and the smg in the strap to save space. I usually drop the flashbang outright as well to save on space.

Holy crap ninjas.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Are you trying to kill them all at once? Ideally this is my idiot-proof strategy:
1) Get close enough until only 1, maybe two zombies notice you.
2) Retreat to some bushes.
3) Get zombie to step on bush, hit it exactly 1 time.
4) Retreat to another bush.
5) Repeat steps 3-4 until zombies are dead.
6) Butcher zombie corpses.
7) Repeat steps 1-6 until all zombies in the area are dead.
8) Loot!

Only things it doesn't work on are dogs and a few other special zombies that are faster than you or have ranged attacks. Other than that you can feel free to continue the loop until you've totally cleared out an area. Ideally once you get a shovel you can replace the bushes with deep pits, since those let you get in like 2 hits each time and do a little damage themselves.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you have matches or a lighter you can set bushes on fire, kills of zombies in it really quick.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 451