Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798867 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2015, 11:44:41 pm »

Because of the near guarrenteed death of going outside nake Ive upgraded from shower victim to Hitchhiker.
  The difference a housecoat makes is astounding.  Wont save you by itself, but I use surounded  start and  static npc, so I combine basement loot with deadzed loot and try to cheese until  the npc dies.
I bum ammo/lighter off them, then trade the hitchhiker joke book for a whopping 1k.

I then risk-reward my way to the nearest house and go from there. Its then to find a gun and a car, mostly in that order.  Shotguns, revolvers, and rifles for me, with a preference for trucks or quads.

But with such a high spawn rate (2.5, static no wanderers, modified spawn lists to include rare 30-50 spawns in orests and 10-20 on swamps and 1-3 underground) the only solution is to heavily fortify a mobile house or build a home.  And clearing an area takes recklessness or skill or too much ammo.

My current character spent 16 hours trying to read a mechanics book.  only got to 25% progress to lvl 1 because reviving/spawning.  In the basement of same house, smokers made for a real slugfest when a pack spawned witg skeletons, ensuring shenanigans.  I had to use fire, which only made the problem worse.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2015, 11:52:40 pm »

Unless its next to a turret or a fungal spire or something else dangerous, I usually just board up all the doors and windows of the starting shelter and use that as my base until I can get a mobile one. Its got eternal light from that one terminal + a nice basement to hide in + lots of space. Even that one time I did surrounded start I just punched the zombies to death[Karate hell yeah] and moved in.

I bum ammo/lighter off them, then trade the hitchhiker joke book for a whopping 1k.

They undercharged you.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 10, 2015, 02:12:22 am »

Just use the last firefighter start. Seem like there is no firehouse around, so the game drop me in the wilderness in the middle of nowhere instead.

Later on I found a mansion with 3 libraly! so I swim in like 50 skill books, with no food or water, damn it game!

Related question : When I read my book it said "I can't see detail cleary so I take more time to read"
I read it indoor in daytime and my character has no nearsight trait.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 10, 2015, 03:09:15 am »

What was the weather like?  I've gotten the "can't see detail" msg during thunderstorms iirc...

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2015, 03:39:07 am »

Everyone is obsessed with Hitler, because he is literally Hitler. Plus that awesome mustache. I know what I'll grow for the next Movember!

I like this new version, tank drones are actually useful. I lured one to a city filled with zeds, resulting in many dead zeds and a burning clothing store. The drone is "heavily damaged", I guess it took damage from spitters or shockers. I plan to use it for target practice during night once I find a cheap rifle. I'm a krav maga robocop, take that.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2015, 06:45:06 am »

Quick question, how do I set up a house (evac shelter in this case) to be able to have a fire burning inside for crafting without burning everything down/filling entire place with smoke/asphyxiating myself?

Do I need to build a fireplace? Or could I use something else? I know about hotplates and such, but don't want to use up precious batteries. What's the most resource efficient way to accomplish this?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2015, 06:56:40 am »

Quick question, how do I set up a house (evac shelter in this case) to be able to have a fire burning inside for crafting without burning everything down/filling entire place with smoke/asphyxiating myself? [...]
Braziers are your most readily available buddy if you have the associated building on your map. Otherwise, utilize construction skills to craft an indoors fireplace (as far as I know).
I usually do my fire-cooking outside, or on a custom-solar vehicle with tons of storage batteries. ._. Sorry about that.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2015, 07:09:56 am »

out 0.c stable? the site don't report it in the news....

is normal to have two or three horde flashing on the map??
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:20:50 am by teoleo »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2015, 07:28:15 am »

Part of the reason I turned off hordes was that Id get 8 or 9 flashing hordes >.<
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:45 am »

Quick question, how do I set up a house (evac shelter in this case) to be able to have a fire burning inside for crafting without burning everything down/filling entire place with smoke/asphyxiating myself?

Do I need to build a fireplace? Or could I use something else? I know about hotplates and such, but don't want to use up precious batteries. What's the most resource efficient way to accomplish this?

Brazier can be made out of sheet metal with a rock, but it might need minimal construction skills. It also won't contain the smoke.
You can build a stone fire place out of 40 rocks with I think a (stone-)hammer and a (stone-)shovel.

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2015, 08:05:45 am »

how work the electical car, how recharge it?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2015, 09:00:35 am »

how work the electical car, how recharge it?

Spend lots of time around it and hope for some sun while you do. Also, the battery can't be damaged.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 10, 2015, 09:04:06 am »

iirc, you can use actual batteries to recharge car batteries in a pinch.
PKs DF Mod!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 10, 2015, 09:20:08 am »

Brazier can be made out of sheet metal with a rock, but it might need minimal construction skills. It also won't contain the smoke.
You can build a stone fire place out of 40 rocks with I think a (stone-)hammer and a (stone-)shovel.
Yep, it's the one I use most of the time, since rocks are dime a dozen; if you don't want/can get rocks, but have a garage nearby or another source for a metal tank, you can build a wood stove instead, but it's mostly a variant.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2015, 10:08:00 am »

Thanks for your answers guys!
I remember I tried a brazier once and ended up smoking up the shelter, so wanted to be sure that wouldn't happen this time.

Does the fireplace also make light? Or will I have to be silly and put it next to my computer terminal? :P
Also, what do I need to make the stone shovel? Digging is the thing I don't have right now :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 451