Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798856 times)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #1980 on: August 20, 2015, 06:07:48 pm »

To me it would be a huge exercise in frustration, trying to abuse a game in a mode that it's not designed for.  A lot of your work would be lost over and over as I assume whoever saves last overwrites anything else except probably your character and what he's actually carrying.

But then I like to start new worlds with each character, so there's no possibility I'll run across an old char's gear or looted area.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: August 20, 2015, 09:47:33 pm »

It works fairly well if you play on the same server where the map stays in sync for the most part, if you played with some kind of time gap between "turns" though, the game world could radically change around you between turns.
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: August 20, 2015, 10:36:08 pm »

So is there any way to remove the spent casings from a revolver if you don't have any ammo of that type left? It's kind of hard to make more when you're short by exactly the number of casings that have been inexplicably fused to the chambers.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 21, 2015, 12:11:03 am »

*opens door, shocker brute*

*activates adrenaline pump to prepare for a quick escape*

*stats all immediately turn red and speed goes down by ten because instant adrenaline comedown*

Unless this was fixed today, somebody has some splainin' to do.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 21, 2015, 01:54:08 am »

So is there any way to remove the spent casings from a revolver if you don't have any ammo of that type left? It's kind of hard to make more when you're short by exactly the number of casings that have been inexplicably fused to the chambers.
Unload doesn't work?

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 21, 2015, 02:43:42 am »

Unload doesn't work?
Nothing I've tried has worked. Unload, reload, melting the thing in a pool of acid with debug, burning it, running it over with a road roller.

I'm guessing it's just an oversight from when they changed the way that revolvers eject casings.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: August 21, 2015, 02:56:22 am »

Shift+U for an object you're holding, or the (U)nload option in inventory removes as many charges as possible from an object. Charges can be ammunition, batteries, liquids, or anything, really, that can be contained inside another object.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: August 21, 2015, 03:29:04 am »

Shift+U for an object you're holding, or the (U)nload option in inventory removes as many charges as possible from an object. Charges can be ammunition, batteries, liquids, or anything, really, that can be contained inside another object.
The problem is that there's nothing contained. The ammo is gone, and the revolver has a special function that ejects the spent casing only when a new round is loaded.

I just tried, there indeed doesn't seem to be a way to extract spent casings from a revolver, whether by Unloading, Activating, or whatever other means except Reloading when there is more ammo to be loaded. With no more ammo, the spent casings are stuck in the gun.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: August 21, 2015, 06:31:19 am »

The problem is that there's nothing contained. The ammo is gone, and the revolver has a special function that ejects the spent casing only when a new round is loaded.

I just tried, there indeed doesn't seem to be a way to extract spent casings from a revolver, whether by Unloading, Activating, or whatever other means except Reloading when there is more ammo to be loaded. With no more ammo, the spent casings are stuck in the gun.

Code it and put it on the repo. I'd like to have that fixed. :)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: August 21, 2015, 06:39:07 am »

"Fix" it with Debug Menu - 1 Wish for Item  x number of empty casings, do your reloading, now you reload the gun and get the original casings, discard the spare number of casings somewhere.   Or keep them if you think this will happen again.  Debug Menu is to fix stuff just like this...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: August 21, 2015, 11:36:43 am »

Code it and put it on the repo. I'd like to have that fixed. :)
If I weren't on such a limited data plan right now, I just might have. It sounds like a relatively simple fix, in principle, the revolvers just need a special clause to the Unload action, so that any spent casings are ejected regardless of whether there is any ammo.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: August 21, 2015, 01:54:19 pm »

How many days do I have to run around with my armsplint, before my arm starts getting better? I'd rather wait for that before I do the next mission.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 21, 2015, 03:09:45 pm »

Somewhere between a couple of days and a couple of weeks - it's pretty variable...

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: August 21, 2015, 07:44:21 pm »

Is bionic night vision intended to not allow crafting? Just tried washing a towel at night, but I use implanted night vision instead of a flashlight.

Maybe make a SIMPLE tag for crafting recipes for grossly easy stuff that you could even manage in pitch black? I mean, I'm pretty sure even a blind person could manage rinsing a towel off in a pool.

Also, are Shocker brutes supposed to be able to slam you when they're four tiles away? Are they charge tackling you or something?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:46:48 pm by Kaitol »

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 21, 2015, 10:22:34 pm »

Brutes can move pretty fast, 4 tiles is pretty far though unless you were doing something really slow.  Or if it shocked you first...
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 451