Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798870 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #2040 on: August 25, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

Faraday cage armor when?
I think there is a Faraday shark suit in the game, atleast in the experimentals.
Yep.
I still want to see Faraday cage medieval knight armor. Bonus points for Tesla coil sword or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 25, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, but how does the 'monster half-life scaling factor' thing work? Does increasing the number mean that it takes more time for the monsters to level up, or does it mean that it happens faster?
Nothing important here, move along.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 25, 2015, 11:12:22 am »

Lower numbers take more time.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 25, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »

I don't know if this has been answered elsewhere, but how does the 'monster half-life scaling factor' thing work? Does increasing the number mean that it takes more time for the monsters to level up, or does it mean that it happens faster?
Badly, and right now it's got a bit of a problem where we've got two chunks of code being pushed in opposite directions. We're working on getting a fix up (it should still work fine if set to "1", or if you are playing the stable version).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 25, 2015, 04:15:16 pm »

What is this "stable" people are talking about? Are there horses in game now? ;)

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 25, 2015, 04:48:26 pm »

"Stable" releases are versions with major letters, the current is 0.C - this is to distinguish them from the ongoing "experimental" releases, with bugfixes and added features.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: August 25, 2015, 05:03:18 pm »

I think he was joking.

As for the scaling thing, would turning it off work, too? Or is that also bugged? Just making sure before I brick my computer with a stack overflow of stack overflows.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: August 25, 2015, 05:13:46 pm »

Turning it off should still work fine last I knew, yeah.
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: August 25, 2015, 06:08:07 pm »

*Starts new infected character*

*spawns in the house my last character was holed up in before death, goes to the bathroom, takes antibiotic*

Well... uhhh.... that's... convenient.

(On a side note, why does EVERYTHING make my character deaf? Within a map tile or two of a burning building? Deaf. Zombies smash up a house nearby? Deaf? Near two handgun shots? Deaf. I swear my characters spend more time deaf then not. Mind you, my experimental version is probably nearly a week old at this point.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 07:00:18 pm by Kaitol »

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 25, 2015, 08:10:36 pm »

Ultra-sensitive ears maybe?

Also, I've made two extra mods to get rid of some of the stuff from the Nether and the Abberations, but I don't know how to get rid of all the Triffid stuff, like groves and such. If someone could do that, or at least point me in the right direction, I'd really love it.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: August 25, 2015, 08:33:15 pm »

(On a side note, why does EVERYTHING make my character deaf? Within a map tile or two of a burning building? Deaf. Zombies smash up a house nearby? Deaf? Near two handgun shots? Deaf. I swear my characters spend more time deaf then not. Mind you, my experimental version is probably nearly a week old at this point.)
Houses collapsing is way too loud right now. On the other hand think of deafness more as a scale all of the way from "slight ringing in your ears" to "total deafness" instead of just flat out "deaf or not". As such it's totally possible to be partially "deaf" without being totally unable to hear.

As for handguns? Many of them are loud in real life. There is a reason why people often wear ear protection when they go out shooting. :P

blazing glory

« Reply #2051 on: August 25, 2015, 09:54:46 pm »

The 2 most common causes for deafness for me is collapsing houses and crashing into vehicles, and with how I drive, both are common, so yeah, I would appreciate it if deafness times could be tweaked.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #2052 on: August 25, 2015, 10:21:45 pm »

As for handguns? Many of them are loud in real life. There is a reason why people often wear ear protection when they go out shooting. :P
Somehow, I always end up next to the jackass shooting .44Mag on an indoor range.
Even with plugs and muffs it's quite unpleasant.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 25, 2015, 11:09:23 pm »

Hey guys, can you give me some advice on how to deal with encumbrance? All of the good carrying clothing (backpacks, trechcoats, etc.) all have an encumbrance value of 2 or more which can severely cripple a character.

I'm absolutely clueless about how I'm supposed to carry a passable amount of stuff or stay warm without getting myself rendered useless in melee encounters.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 25, 2015, 11:16:56 pm »

Hey guys, can you give me some advice on how to deal with encumbrance? All of the good carrying clothing (backpacks, trechcoats, etc.) all have an encumbrance value of 2 or more which can severely cripple a character.

I'm absolutely clueless about how I'm supposed to carry a passable amount of stuff or stay warm without getting myself rendered useless in melee encounters.

Well for one, you just have to tank a bit of encumbrance. If you can stay below 3/30 torso encumbrance you're doing pretty good. Though its best to stay a bit lower early in the game when your melee skills are shit (investing a couple creation points into skills can help a lot).

For two, shopping carts. Shopping carts are love, shopping carts are life. Cars are also a acceptable alternative but require more setup.

For three, the survivor gear (starts being available around 5 tailoring and/or fabrication) has great encumbrance to carrying volume ratios along with excellent armor and good warmth.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 451