Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798862 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3225 on: April 19, 2016, 11:11:57 pm »

Enjoy the batteries.   I recommend an M60 on full auto. Preferably attached to a jury rigged frame so you can just feed ammo into it.   ....Actually I wonder if a portable fold-able mounted gun like that is possible.
The vehicle mod only makes them manual, not foldable; I should probably include that.

Other than that it's fairly simple:
Folding frame: 10 volume
Your choice of gun: X volume.

That's all you need for a manual turret really. I personally like to add a mounted scorpion (10 volume) to launch flame bolts while staying in safety on the outskirts of town/fungal infestation; then pack up and run away before they get close.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: April 19, 2016, 11:56:33 pm »

Why the heck isint there a modification that lets you set up GMPGs and the like on any bit of tile? Perhaps as some sorta manually operated turret?

I mean, the bipod could probably also work that way.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: April 20, 2016, 12:12:29 am »

Enjoy the batteries.   I recommend an M60 on full auto. Preferably attached to a jury rigged frame so you can just feed ammo into it.   ....Actually I wonder if a portable fold-able mounted gun like that is possible.
The vehicle mod only makes them manual, not foldable; I should probably include that.

Other than that it's fairly simple:
Folding frame: 10 volume
Your choice of gun: X volume.

That's all you need for a manual turret really. I personally like to add a mounted scorpion (10 volume) to launch flame bolts while staying in safety on the outskirts of town/fungal infestation; then pack up and run away before they get close.

I've done the same with a... whatever the slingshot mortar with bicycle pedals is. Inferno canisters lobbed into triffid queens. When in doubt, torch the whole forest and camp for a while til the fire's gone. They werne't as great vs 5 zombie hulks, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 23, 2016, 08:47:28 pm »

hey.

anybody know of a decent napalm like sustance that can be used in small enough sustances to be carried by a manhack (or a large manhack like the ones that carry mininukes) and will semi-reliably coat the ground and be made by a survivor?

I looked and i think I can fudge a ethanol/limestone/vinegar paste?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 23, 2016, 09:41:47 pm »

Napalm-like...so, just an incendiary, or a gelling incendiary that sticks to flesh?  For the former, I'm pretty sure thermite is an "anarchist's cookbook" level of incendiary that could be utilized (and would give all of those extra aluminum cans another use), but given the rapidity of the reaction, I'm not sure about area denial, which seems to be what you're after.  For your delivery mechanism/manhack, at least, you could construct a flame fougasse as well - a large (55 gallon or so) fuel container containing mixed gasoline/petrol and oil with an igniting/projecting explosives to fire a blast of burning liquid over dozens of yards.  Looking it up for more detail, it looks like a formulation of tar, lime and petrol gel was utilized later as well. 

Finally, if you really want napalm, apparently it's also in some anarchist cookbooks, though I've obviously never tried it for myself.  You can manage it with gasoline mixed with styrofoam (the latter dissolves in the former, apparently, until you end up with a sticky syrup that won't dissolve any more).  That requires there to be styrofoam in the game, though.  The other option in this cookbook is a 1:1 mix of gasoline and soap (flakes or shredded bar, but not detergents), heated in a double-boiler (water underneath) so the soap melts in the upper container, at which point you remove it from the flame and add gasoline, stirring until the agglutination thickens.  In the game, that'd probably be two instruments with a boiling capacity, maybe some tool to powder the soap - a grater or the like), water (not consumed), fire or some heating source (not consumed), gasoline, and plenty of soap bars (apparently 10% by weight).  I'm also seeing some people recommend powdered aluminum (replacing benzine, which is not a household product) or gelatin powder as a thickener to reduce separation issues.  While it's not napalm, you can also gel gasoline directly with egg whites (85:14, with an additive such as salt, cocoa, sugar, aspirin, or coffee). 

Keep in mind, though, that while I call these "anarchist cookbook" recipes, that kind of category also includes stuff like extracting pure RDX from C-4 and producing nitroglycerin from base materials, so don't take that as being easy or safe. 

And I'm pretty sure I'm now on all sorts of fun watch lists.  Again. 

EDIT: Added some more details. 

EDIT 2: Good heavens, that last paragraph was a train-wreck.  Fixed.  Also, turns out there is a napalm recipe already in the game.  I did not know that.  Also also, it was the modern gunpowder recipes that were removed rather than the primers, so I fixed that as well.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:19:38 pm by Culise »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: April 24, 2016, 12:20:58 am »

almost all zombies can drop ammo.  so burning bushes can be dangerous.

try saplings if you can
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: April 24, 2016, 09:41:01 am »

Zombies can indeed drop ammo and some zombies can drop real explosives.  First thing to do after killing a zombie in a burning bush is to examine the tile, even if you have other zombies around.   

That gives you a chance to very quickly pull a grenade or something out of the fire before it has a chance to cook as well as save any particularly valuable flammable stuff the zombie may have dropped.

Also I believe cataclysm dda more follows the rules of Hollywood than the rules of physics when it comes to explosions.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:00 am »

Thanks!

It sounds you searched for the recipes directly.  Ive been squeamish about doing so, but I guess its a 'yellow line driving' kind of reluctance.
  You know, where you are actually afraid of crossing the yellow line dividing the roads despite it not actually being a real construct?
PKs DF Mod!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: April 24, 2016, 12:10:54 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the sentence structure of where it tells you the requirements to remove a vehicle part. To remove a car trunk, for example, it says I need "a wrench and a hacksaw, cutting torch and welding goggles, or a circular saw(off)". I'm pretty sure I'm carrying just the wrench and hacksaw, and all the requirements are green(meaning I can remove it). I'm pretty sure I remember the cutting torch/goggles was also a requirement along with the hacksaw, but I guess that was changed? And does it matter which I use, the hacksaw, torch(right now all I have is a makeshift welder) or circular saw?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: April 24, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »

I'm not sure I understand the sentence structure of where it tells you the requirements to remove a vehicle part. To remove a car trunk, for example, it says I need "a wrench and a hacksaw, cutting torch and welding goggles, or a circular saw(off)". I'm pretty sure I'm carrying just the wrench and hacksaw, and all the requirements are green(meaning I can remove it). I'm pretty sure I remember the cutting torch/goggles was also a requirement along with the hacksaw, but I guess that was changed? And does it matter which I use, the hacksaw, torch(right now all I have is a makeshift welder) or circular saw?

wrench + hacksaw
cutting torch + welding goggles
circular saw

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: April 24, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »

Wrench + hacksaw is the best way to do things. Doesn't eat any resources other than time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: April 24, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

You mean a toolbox?
PKs DF Mod!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:34 am »

Filthy gaijin toolbox too volume-inefficient. Superior Japanese wrench folded one gorillion times.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: April 25, 2016, 08:22:45 am »

Can't you just use an integrated toolset CBM? :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: April 25, 2016, 08:27:52 am »

Yes, the Integrated toolset CBM replaces a lot of stuff.  Its all you need to dismantle a vehicle since it counts as a welder/acet torch.

The notable tool it does not replace is the soldering iron, though it also lacks the various construction capabilities (wood saw, axe etc).

Toolbox is...its a lot heavier, needs to be reloaded with precious duct tape and only gains some non-metal repair capabilities vs the integrated CBM
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 451