Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 798876 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #3480 on: May 26, 2016, 04:56:07 am »

I, personally, have set up in a 2-story brick house with basement :D

I've avoided Z-levels. It becomes a problem when you want to charge solar panels and all your crafting stuff and bed are on a different floor. Lots of wasted time.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: May 26, 2016, 11:14:22 am »

Also, it seems like houses aren't always getting stairs to their basement. I've found two houses now where I could hear stuff moving below, but I went over every tile with a fine-toothed comb and there were no stairs. And before anyone asks, yes, I checked under every piece of furniture. I then opened up the cheat menu and edited in a set of downstairs, and sure enough they took me right to the houses basement.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: May 26, 2016, 11:46:16 am »

I mentioned that about two weeks ago. By my guess, 1/3 of all basements have no stairs down to them.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: May 26, 2016, 12:34:45 pm »

Theres also electronics/chem basements, and the old survivalist basement, which In think has been killed off.

But, yes. More basements needed.
Highly Opinionated Fool

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: May 26, 2016, 11:51:46 pm »

Things have gone well. it has got warm enough to plant seeds and I have done so, I also did more scouting and found out where that southern road leads, nothing really notable other then a fungal tower, my progress south was halted by a a couple of turrets on the road though, oh well, I was getting pretty far from home anyway. While at the school near town I find something, a functioning car! All it needs is some wheels and it will be ready to go, I was able to find a book that would get my mechanics skill up to three which is useful, unfortunately after a collision with a fungaloid my motorcycle is no longer functioning so I had to walk home.

After reading the book and getting some very much needed sustenance and rest I begin the trek into the town for a night raid to find what I need, luckily for me I was able to get a wrench and a welder along with a few other useful things and escaped the town in one piece. After finding a vehicle with replacement tires I went over to the now broken motorcycle and pounded on it with my quarterstaff until all that was left was the box in the back, I put the tires in the box and I go to the car and put on the wheels. Glorious! I now have a car, which I feel much safer riding in then on a motorcycle.

edit: RIP Maria day 70 spring year 1, you died in a car explosion, you never got to harvest your crops. You will be missed.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:32:43 am by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: May 27, 2016, 02:51:59 am »

There's a new basement in the 3D models, the "2 bedroom" basement. It's neat!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: May 27, 2016, 01:33:24 pm »

Its also empty of loot.
Highly Opinionated Fool

gomez

• Bay Watcher
  • [Hysterical and Useless]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: May 27, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »

So I found a battered pickup truck and was driving it back to my base when I came across a nice RV. I decided to take the RV instead, but it had no battery charge.

As I was swapping out the battery from the pickup to the RV a big spider appeared right next to me. I ran into the pickup truck but the spider followed me inside, so I ran out the other side and mangaged to close the door just in time. I then ran round the back of the pickup to the otherside and closed the door, trapping the spider inside.

Just hope I don't forget there is a spider inside if I ever come back for it.
"They accused us of suppressing freedom of expression. This was a lie and we could not let them publish it."
- Nelba Blandon (as Director of Censorship, Nicaragua)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: May 27, 2016, 02:13:59 pm »

The spider promptly learns to drive and runs you down.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: May 27, 2016, 03:18:46 pm »

If a human can't drive effectively without years (driving skill is so damn sloooooow) of practice, what makes you think a spider can do better in 2 minutes?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: May 27, 2016, 03:23:46 pm »

Yes?  No?  Would you accept this as a change?

Yes.  The answer is looking like its yes.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: May 27, 2016, 03:43:15 pm »

If a human can't drive effectively without years (driving skill is so damn sloooooow) of practice, what makes you think a spider can do better in 2 minutes?
Eight eyes. Eight legs. One brain. A spider has the awareness of four humans and the agility of two. All vehicles in C:DDA seem to be automatic transmission and have cruise control. I'm sure it could figure out the technique well enough to run someone over pretty fast.

May Armok be merciful and allow us quick deaths by our new arachnid overlords.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: May 27, 2016, 04:23:09 pm »

So I found a battered pickup truck and was driving it back to my base when I came across a nice RV. I decided to take the RV instead, but it had no battery charge.

As I was swapping out the battery from the pickup to the RV a big spider appeared right next to me. I ran into the pickup truck but the spider followed me inside, so I ran out the other side and mangaged to close the door just in time. I then ran round the back of the pickup to the otherside and closed the door, trapping the spider inside.

Just hope I don't forget there is a spider inside if I ever come back for it.

Good god, I forgot I was in the C:DDA thread for a second :O

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: May 28, 2016, 07:04:53 am »

On the topic of vehicles (which is about 70% of the reason I play the game) is there any way to disable them spawning, or at least limit them in some way? I can usually get a working vehicle within the first day, and more than once it's been a tank or a luxury RV. I'd like to have to build a vehicle from scratch out of wood or scrap metal, or use parts salvaged from mostly destroyed wreckages, instead of finding a fully intact truck with the only damage being a scratched storage box.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: May 28, 2016, 07:08:50 am »

On the topic of vehicles (which is about 70% of the reason I play the game) is there any way to disable them spawning, or at least limit them in some way? I can usually get a working vehicle within the first day, and more than once it's been a tank or a luxury RV. I'd like to have to build a vehicle from scratch out of wood or scrap metal, or use parts salvaged from mostly destroyed wreckages, instead of finding a fully intact truck with the only damage being a scratched storage box.
Not afaik.

But, zombies have shown markedly more able to spread out in any area and destroy vehicles enough to disable them without  exploding the gas tank.  Theyre getting better at horde pathing and not killing themselves and being generally a problem.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 451