Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 451

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!  (Read 800093 times)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - 0.C is out! Our monsters fight each other!
« Reply #6540 on: August 09, 2019, 07:54:41 pm »

also, i found a crashed helicopter with no zombies and a military rucksack, wut....
The corpses just wandered off after the local necromancer made them dance for him. No biggie. :P

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 10, 2019, 04:44:10 am »

also, i found a crashed helicopter with no zombies and a military rucksack, wut....
The corpses just wandered off after the local necromancer made them dance for him. No biggie. :P

always butcher or smash to pulp

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: August 10, 2019, 06:33:38 am »

i found a horse while checking around a new starting location as of latest experimental. i gave it some cattle food and it became friendly but i dont have much experience with animal companions, do they abandon you overtime? or the remain loyal as long as you stay around? i dont really know how it works, just returned to base with the beast and a riding saddle so i can use it to move around.

I've been wondering this too, and also if I have to keep feeding them once they like me. I haven't played around with then much, basically just befriended a chicken a a horse and left them at the farm.

I've been noticing the crash zombies seem to commit suicide on the metal wreckage tiles a lot as of late. Makes sense, but it hides the loot :ĺ
Love, scriver~

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: August 10, 2019, 03:01:49 pm »

yeah it as a strange circumstance. there's usually a lot of them but i have never seen zombies die by walking into the wreckage. i usally see them dead around stuff like bushes, barbed wire or a pit.

as of latest experimental Tin is now a valid material for use. man this gives me hope that there will be a time where you will be able to get some metallurgy stuff going on. smelting metal from vehicles is nice and dandy but what if one wants to make some classic stuff like Bronze or Brass. Steel is cool but too prevalent (makes sense), and otherwise mining is pretty much nonexistant. at least give the player the hability to break down most metal objects for smelting.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: August 10, 2019, 05:21:08 pm »

Well, I've finally got the two mods Ive been mucking about with to a state where I think they are functional. So, if anyone wants to play around with bayonets that actually are semi-functional or weapons from the Arms Race games that have been kicking about these forums, yer in luck.

Sane Weapons Pointy Bits, Bayonets that dont suck
Cannalan Importers, for all your SSRA and QFS needs
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #6545 on: August 10, 2019, 06:49:52 pm »

You should make these a PR, if you haven't already.  ;D

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: August 10, 2019, 07:39:06 pm »

If I ever put in enough effort to learn how to use github, probably, atleast until some yells at me for having a bayonet on a gun at the same time as a grenade launcher.  :P
Highly Opinionated Fool

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: August 10, 2019, 10:16:22 pm »

If I ever put in enough effort to learn how to use github, probably, atleast until some yells at me for having a bayonet on a gun at the same time as a grenade launcher.  :P
Strangely, those do exist even today: side-mounted bayonet lugs with the undermounted grenade launcher, for when you need to stab and explode zombies at the same time.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: August 10, 2019, 11:12:52 pm »

Yep, and that was my argument against the change of bayonets to underbarrel mods some three years ago, about six months after the change.
Highly Opinionated Fool

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: August 11, 2019, 12:31:02 am »

*goes to check on a farm for some books and supplies to sell at the Refugee Center* *an horde comes out of the barn*

seriously? cant the wilds be low on zombie population? is really a need to have a large group of the fuckers waiting for you while looting the place? heck, they even broke the walls of the barn to catch on me and it included Feral Runners. yisuscraist!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: August 11, 2019, 03:22:43 am »

Sneaking is your friend. They can't catch you if they can't hear or see you. Lockpicks are great. I never crowbar a door or smash a window unless I have to.

But really it is a bit annoying how fast zombies are tearing down walls when there's more than one in the same room. I think it's been worse since the time change, now they'll pick both cars and structures apart what seems like in-game seconds. You know those "failed survivor" houses, usually full of zombies? Since I started playing again I don't think I've encountered a single one of them that's still structurally intact by the time I get to them (unless they're empty). I guess one zombie bumps against the wall and makes a noice or something and then every single zombie in there zerg rushes that spot, making more noice, causing more rush until the whole house just falls apart.

I'm not sure how structure destruction by enemies work. Is it caused automatically just by moving or attempted movement or do they have some special "tear into things" action they can take?

Also, I think stairs are bork. Enemies don't seem to consequently follow you up and down them any more.
Love, scriver~

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: August 11, 2019, 08:58:17 am »

ios porting is dead?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: August 11, 2019, 10:33:48 am »

Sneaking is your friend. They can't catch you if they can't hear or see you. Lockpicks are great. I never crowbar a door or smash a window unless I have to.

But really it is a bit annoying how fast zombies are tearing down walls when there's more than one in the same room. I think it's been worse since the time change, now they'll pick both cars and structures apart what seems like in-game seconds. You know those "failed survivor" houses, usually full of zombies? Since I started playing again I don't think I've encountered a single one of them that's still structurally intact by the time I get to them (unless they're empty). I guess one zombie bumps against the wall and makes a noice or something and then every single zombie in there zerg rushes that spot, making more noice, causing more rush until the whole house just falls apart.

I'm not sure how structure destruction by enemies work. Is it caused automatically just by moving or attempted movement or do they have some special "tear into things" action they can take?

Also, I think stairs are bork. Enemies don't seem to consequently follow you up and down them any more.

i didnt feel like sneaking because it was daytime and the door wasnt locked, just wanted to check on the house quickly because i knew from past experience that for some reason this particular kind of farm has a closed barn with some zombies inside but by the time i had made a sling and was getting out of the house the safe mode brings the warning of a feral runner in the vicinity. somehow they had broken free from the barn and it wasnt a group of 6 or so it was like horde and a half of them.

duckman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: August 11, 2019, 01:47:58 pm »

If you only wanted to check the place out quickly, why did spend time crafting?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: August 11, 2019, 02:25:36 pm »

Slings only take a couple of seconds to craft though? It's been awhile since I checked.

Again awhile since I played, I assume it boils to them wanting to wander to a spot on the other side of a wall, but since they cannot path around an obstacle, when they do find something impeding their movement, they bash it. And you may be right about them zerging a wall, since bashing makes noise, zombies are attracted to noise and go towards the wall, bump into wall, then bash the wall and so on.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 451