Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Dungeon Race: Goria Thread (Need More Players!)  (Read 5382 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Race: Goria Thread (Need More Players!)
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2017, 10:27:24 am »

Brick Slimes, but they are able to move slowly on their own - mobile cover

This is what I had in mind, but stationary Brick Slimes are easier to research, any bugs won't be catastrophic, and don't they need to be mobile right now. We desperately need to revise our Leather armor.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 10:59:35 am »

Why, what's wrong with our Box Soldiers™?

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 11:07:42 am »

Why, what's wrong with our Box Soldiers™?

Nothing but a lack of mobility. Eventually, we should look into box-like plate armor.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 11:44:16 am »

We can revise the leather armor in the revision phase. For now, let's make something new.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 02:00:22 pm »

Slime wall makes sense.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »

Slime bricks are the consensus, then.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2017, 04:06:33 pm »

Changing my vote to the Brick slime.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:07 pm »

What  was our Mama Ice Wyrm doing? Was it taking a coffee break as it watch all of its children kamikazing, lol?
Yeah, actually, where the heck was our giant ice wyrm? There's mentions of the vunico demon but our ice wyrm isn't mentioned?
*shrugs*

I'm gonna vote for brick slime aswell.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 03:21:16 pm »

Design Phase - Brick Slimes

[4, 17, 5] When you first told your King that you wanted to make bricks out of little slime monsters, he thought magic had driven you mad. Only after a long explanation of your plan, with visual aids and diagrams, did the king decided that the idea wasn't as crazy as it sounds originally. With a lot of effort, you manage to find a way to summon slimes that naturally take the shape of a box (as opposed to the teardrop shape they naturally take). They are the same size as your regular slimes (so about a 2.5 ft square), but they are not any harder than normal slimes. They are capable of stacking together to form walls of slime, and are incredibly sticky on all sides except the bottom, so that they can form walls and stick to things. This has the unfortunate side effect of making them stick to basically everything before they get to their intended wall formation. One of your apprentice wizards accidentally got caught on one of the slimes, and while you were able to remove him, he will never be the same.

It is now the revision phase.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 03:31:37 pm »

Well that as not nice and dandy, we should still try to fix our box leather armor. I still thought the idea of bricks slimes was quite truly a comical idea.

Make our Leather Armor, much mor comfortable and maneuverable, than our previous iteration.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 04:03:29 pm »

I still thought the idea of bricks slimes was quite truly a comical idea.

Thats because it was. Unfortunately the rolls didn't work out.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2017, 04:12:21 pm »

As long they soak up damage with their mass I will be content.

I ponder about my burrow slingers though. As I figure turret Slimes would just kill the budget.

And if a revision then yeah. I guess armor. We got box Slimes. Do not need box armor.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 09:50:00 pm »

Excellent, though not quite as potent as I'd hoped, the Brick Slimes will make an admirable addition to our forces. Next revision, we should improve the Brick Slimes durability and functionality, but for a prototype I'd say we've done pretty well. The Vunico dogs certainly won't be expecting it.

For our revision, I agree with Shadowclaw777, in that we should make our Leather armor much more comfortable and manevurable than our previous attempt. If we do particularly well, we should also attempt to increase the durability of the torso, shins, and forearms using skillfully cut and stuck rectangular Brick Slime slivers.

Tyrant Leviathans Burrow Slimes are an excellent idea, and I believe we should implement them next turn. Maybe adding a toothy, acidic maw and mandibles for increased lethality. Hmm... That gives me an idea...

Our goal is to counter the Vunico firth's mechanical spiders, right? Why don't we spawn our own Slime Spiders!?! A hybrid Slime/Spider, scarcely half a foot long and wide, but swarming in vast numbers, they have the ability to dogpile on enemy soldiers and mechanical spiders and immobilize them as they poison them with corrosive spider venom, and using their spidery and slimy anatomy, weave enormous, sticky webs to block off corridors and reinforce Brick Slime walls. They seemingly disregard gravity with their sticky slime and natural spider climbing abilities, and attack from all sides at one time.

Thoughts? The Vunico really wouldn't see this coming.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:17 pm »

What if we tried combing slime and the leather armor?  Cut the hide into small pieces and use the slime to bind it to the armor. Hopefully it would retain the durability of the leather while also allowing greater flexibility. 
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2017, 10:38:18 pm »

Well that as not nice and dandy, we should still try to fix our box leather armor. I still thought the idea of bricks slimes was quite truly a comical idea.

Make our Leather Armor, much more comfortable and maneuverable, than our previous iteration.
+1 for simplicity.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5